Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman -neither elect arbitration (page 16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Korps is by far not the worst and by the way he also has more playoff series wins the swayman

Not a chance what do you think Sweeney is dumb the guys won one playoff series in his career and he's going to get paid more than 8 million no way
It’s also the only playoff series sweeney has won the past three seasons, Swaymans first as “the guy”

Ryan McDonagh has more playoff series wins than McAvoy, maybe the Bruins should rethink their commitments to these guys

Until Swayman’s holdout begins. ;)

• Wow
Reactions: Gordoff

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
It’s also the only playoff series sweeney has won the past three seasons, Swaymans first as “the guy”

Ryan McDonagh has more playoff series wins than McAvoy, maybe the Bruins should rethink their commitments to these guys

Until Swayman’s holdout begins. ;)
I'm not worried at all.

I never expected anything before the Hlinka Gretzky tournament is over and still don't. It will take time after that to iron things out.

I'm not sure why fans put themselves through this. How many times do they have to go through it before they realize this is a fairly regular occurrence?

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
I'm not worried at all.

I never expected anything before the Hlinka Gretzky tournament is over and still don't. It will take time after that to iron things out.

I'm not sure why fans put themselves through this. How many times do they have to go through it before they realize this is a fairly regular occurrence?
Funny how it works...people like to stress.

bruins cup

Jun 29, 2024
It's foolish to talk about not having swayman signed if they weren't going to sign him they would not have traded ulmark Jeremy will be signed in short order. My issue is swayman has only won one playoff series never played more than 50 games in a season we are going to pay the guy top dollar they should have kept the other goalie and use the used the eight or nine million on another forward as you can see AKA Vegas 2 years ago you don't need a vezina winner to win the cup you just need someone capable of making saves and Linus was that. But that ship has sailed now it's swaymans net but there's no way they should be paying the sky north of 7 million per season he has proven nothing he had one hot series against the leafs then he got beat badly by the Panthers he is a heck of a goalie and I do like him and want him here long term but at this present moment he is not an 8 million dollar goalie he just isn't I wish he was but he has to prove that he can play 55 60 games and then win a few playoff rounds before I'm

paying him big bucks

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
It's foolish to talk about not having swayman signed if they weren't going to sign him they would not have traded ulmark Jeremy will be signed in short order. My issue is swayman has only won one playoff series never played more than 50 games in a season we are going to pay the guy top dollar they should have kept the other goalie and use the used the eight or nine million on another forward as you can see AKA Vegas 2 years ago you don't need a vezina winner to win the cup you just need someone capable of making saves and Linus was that. But that ship has sailed now it's swaymans net but there's no way they should be paying the sky north of 7 million per season he has proven nothing he had one hot series against the leafs then he got beat badly by the Panthers he is a heck of a goalie and I do like him and want him here long term but at this present moment he is not an 8 million dollar goalie he just isn't I wish he was but he has to prove that he can play 55 60 games and then win a few playoff rounds before I'm

paying him big bucks
Got beat badly by the Panthers? What were you watching?

And I kindly ask: could you please use more punctuation? It would make your posts easier to read. Thanks so much.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018

paying him big bucks
I am with you in the 7-mil range, but you are being generous saying never played 50 games in a season but has barely reached 43 . I think that the vast majority of Bruins fans want Swayman signed and I am one of them, but come on lets not get stupid about this 9- 10 mil, move on.

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
I heard a rumor that there's a shortage of "W" 's to stitch on the Bruins official NHL jersey, because it's not a common letter. So they're delaying the contract so they can restock that in time.

Nobody wants to drop hundreds of dollars on a Sayman jersey.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I heard a rumor that there's a shortage of "W" 's to stitch on the Bruins official NHL jersey, because it's not a common letter. So they're delaying the contract so they can restock that in time.

Nobody wants to drop hundreds of dollars on a Sayman jersey.

Boooooo!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
I’m not worried I just want it done..

Like I mentioned a few post back I even bought his jersey for my son, he is the future goalie, he’s wanted the net and because we held on too Ullmark a year longer then needed we’re gonna hold this panic “ well “ he’s only played such and such many games lol come on ..

How quickly we forget 2 U’s 2 K’s two points on this board he wasn’t eating up all the games before his big contract.

I certainly wouldn’t give Swayman a prove it year like Rask that’ll hurt the cap later and he could walk for nothing so let’s all enjoy our summer and feel blessed to eventually have a goalie of his caliber locked in ..

Reactions: NDiesel

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
I just want Swayman signed now rather than later. I know it only matters as long as he is signed by December 1, 2024, to play this season for the Bruins. I just want this off my list so I can think Bruins All the Way next season. This delay must be stressful for Swayman. I am one of those that thought we should have gone another season with Ullmark, I liked the strength for $5 M, I want another Cup.

Let's Go Bruins

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Do you want to pay him 9-10 mil ?

If we're looking at his age 22 to 25 seasons, his numbers are not far off from Tuukka Rask.

1722349058178.png

Rask signed his big contract at age 26 and Swayman turns 26 in November. If you gave Swayman the same contract that Rask got (based on today's cap), it'd be an 8yr/$9.5 million deal.

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
For those that follow Providence and Bussi , is he capable of being the backup now ? I don’t know from what I heard he seemed ready . It makes the Korpi signing a head scratcher.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
just throwing this out there.
but what would most bruins fans rathered?
keep ullmark/bussi goalies. trade swayman for a stud- ie brady tkachuk,etc
or trade ullmark for kappy with swayman still not resigned. taking on goalie salary. going with swayman/kappi goalie.
or trading ullmark for picks. signing swayman. goingvwith swayman/ bussi. then using extra cap$$ for a winger.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
just throwing this out there.
but what would most bruins fans rathered?
keep ullmark/bussi goalies. trade swayman for a stud- ie brady tkachuk,etc
or trade ullmark for kappy with swayman still not resigned. taking on goalie salary. going with swayman/kappi goalie.
or trading ullmark for picks. signing swayman. goingvwith swayman/ bussi. then using extra cap$$ for a winger.
You threw too much out there for me to consider. How about an option that past, keep Ullmark and Swayman. I know they would get nothing for Ullmark, he would walk, contract was up. So we got a goalie, they kept salary because he was terrible. While we wait for Swayman to sign short term contract, 3 yrs, for $9M, 2 yrs $10 M or sit out and leave (not a good move).

SWAYMAN $8M/8 YEARS 100%

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
I hope Swayman gets what he wants. That said, I'm sorry, I'll never be able to adjust my brain to believe any player is underpaid making over $30,000 each work day.
What if the sport generates billions of dollars…. Should the entertainers get less so the owners can get more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad