Confirmed with Link: RIP Johnny & Matthew Gaudreau

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kahvi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
The community rink/practice facility that is apart of the project could be a good thing to name after him.
I was gonna ask for someone to do some, but just saw you already did it: Gaudreau memorial avatars. Or can I use yours?

Reactions: Boomstick

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
As a Leaf fan that lives in Alberta, I’ve obviously been exposed Johnny Hockey a lot ever since he entered the league. I tend to watch both Alberta teams from a neutral standpoint mostly and enjoy the rivalry banter of the battle of Alberta as an outsider.

I remember when Johnny Hockey first came into the league and you guys had that magical season in 2014-15 with all the comebacks and pure heart and grit and Johnny was one of the main reason for that. First time I’m admitting this ever as I have a fan code I run by of never changing teams no matter what, but that season was probably the closes I been to buying another jersey of another team. I would watch the flames and just be jealous and say, “Damn why can’t we be a team that shows heart and have a player electrifying like Johnny”.

My sister was never a hockey fan growing up. She didn’t know much about it, could maybe name a couple commonly known players like Gretzky off the top of her head. I guess maybe in a way she made a smart choice not getting into hockey at a young age in a family of leaf fans lol.

During that 2014-15 season, my sister got into hockey and fell in love with Johnny. She even had a massive crush on him that would annoy the hell out of her boyfriends LOL. My nephews got into hockey due to her new found hobby and loved Johnny as well. My sister even got them to play hockey eventually. They were sadden when he left but my sister also let my nephews know he made a decision based on family and that comes first before hockey. They still remained fans of him after.

I owe it to Johnny because in a way, he’s a reason that gave me a connection to have with a sibling and nephews on hockey since I don’t live in same city as them and my fandom probably wouldn’t have influenced them as much as Johnny did. They probably would have just ended up playing soccer or baseball instead. I now enjoy coming into town and visiting and watching hockey, playing ice/street hockey and having friendly hockey talk banter and roast.

I don’t normally post on other teams boards and sorry for long rambling post as I think I’m just to got really gutted over this the more I digest this and still complete shock over this. I talked to my sister annd nephew and they are devastated over this news. Just mostly wanted to let this fanbase know I’m terribly sorry you’ve lost a iconic player that was the face on your franchise and that even though I wasn’t a flames fan, you guys had that kind of player that could effect other different fans of different teams positivity as well.

RIP Johnny Gaudreau and thank you

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
I’ve been shellshocked all day. It feels like just yesterday we were watching this tiny rookie dynamo, with a nickname 3x his size, electrify the crowd every night.. I truly hope the Flames do something to honour him and his brother.

Hug your loved ones, you just never know, and life is just so damn unfair sometimes..

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
This is terrifyingly shocking and sad. Johnny was my favorite player since he ioined the league and probably my favorite player of all time going back to my earliest days watching hockey on the late 70s early 80s.

The tragedy is immeasurable. I can't imagine how devastating this is to Johnny's wife and kids, his parents and his sister who was to be married the next day with Johnny and his brother as groomsmen. All I can do is pray. So so horrific.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
The amount of speed required to kill hitting a cyclist from the rear... And not just kill one person, but two.

It really makes me sick.

Reactions: Tofveve

Youngguns1380

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
CBJ fan here thought you would appreciate this pic as well from Nationwide Arena. We all mourn the loss of Johnny Gaudreau.

IMG_8186.jpeg

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
Absolutely awful news, I hope whoever did this ends up in jail. All because the idiot didn't want to call a cab.

My condolences to his friends and family, I can't imagine what his sister is feeling right now on what was supposed to be the happiest day in her life. RIP.

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
It ruined my day and it still guts me rn. He was my favorite player growing up and really revitalized the franchise with excitement during the post iginla era. To me he was the face of the franchise during hes tenure, even when he left i couldnt bring myself to hate him. Absolute tragedy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad