Confirmed with Link: RIP Johnny & Matthew Gaudreau

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
CBJ fan just stopping by to send condolences. He was one of you before he was one of us.

And same to you guys as well. I'm sorry that this adds to the list of tragedies for the CBJ clan.

This is devastating news for us. I can't imagine how much worse it is for y'all.

Reactions: Boomstick

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
lnFgPEZ.jpeg

CF Magic

Jan 30, 2022
Calgary
Such an enormously sad day for the hockey world no matter what team you cheer for. Thoughts go out to his entire family, no words can describe what they must be going through.

As a Flames fan and also being the same age as Johnny, I followed him all the way from being an exciting young prospect to being the face of a franchise and heartbeat for the entire city during his time here. I felt like we grew into adulthood together even though I obviously didnt know him personally, and he ushered in an entire era of exciting Flames hockey for me. It's unthinkable and devastating to know he's gone in such a tragic circumstance and way too early. Life is f**kin' short wow.

Thanks for all the great memories Johnny, rest in peace forever with your brother. ❤️

GreeningOil

Yarpmeister
Jun 22, 2016
Saskatoon
This genuinely breaks my heart. Gaudreau was such a wonderful player to watch. He always brought a competitive edge to the Battle of Alberta.

He was also an upstanding family man. He made sacrifices to be closer to the ones he loved.

I’m sorry Calgary. I understand how much these players can mean to us. They bring hope, and to many, joy and escape from the large issues in the world.

Rest in peace, Johnny & Matthew Gaudreau.

Aug 3, 2010
I don't post on HFFlames subforum anymore really... just lurk most of the time and woke up late to the horrible news and I had to come back here.

So, so sad. I worked for the league in Calgary during his time there. Just an electric talent and a good personality. Always liked seeing him with his father and mother when they flew in for games or Father's Trip shenanigans. Just awful reading what happened to him and his brother.

I feel for his young family, his parents, his children... Monahan and Gudbranson must be in shambles. The hockey world lost a brilliant one today.

Take care of each other, everyone. It's all we can do and it's enough.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
He cut through the Kings way too often when you guys played them so I naturally couldn’t stand how talented he was.

You guys are the original fans who saw this kid grow. It hurts a shit ton for me as a Kings fan and I can’t imagine how you guys are feeling. Unbelievable and tragic. I was hoping it wasn’t true. Take care of yourselves and stay safe out there.

Figgy44

Dec 15, 2014
If there’s one consolation, I’m glad monahan is there for the family. I think he’s going to be a very important figure in those kids lives

Gonna go home and hug the kids a little tighter this evening.

Dropped some flowers off at the dome. The six pack of Gatorade and skittles was a nice touch.

I don't know why reading this hits harder, but it somehow hits harder. I'll certainly buy some purple gato and skittles to share with others when possible. It hurts a little losing so many (even one is too many) close to the org in such short succession (ie: Snowy then Gaudreaus).

Figgy44

Dec 15, 2014
With the new event centre being built, wonder if they can name the arena/rink portion after him.
Very big part of this team since being drafted.

Not sure how the rink naming stuff could work. I wonder if some type of tributes embedded in sections ending in 13 would be a better idea.

Master Bill

Rest in peace, Johnny Hockey
Nov 9, 2014
Still trying to process this and I just can't. After seeing him get drafted by this team and reading an article about how he plays like the next Wayne Gretzky, I couldn't help but follow his post draft years at BC every week on hockeydb checking how many points he would rack up, and ultimately witness the most exciting Flame to play for this team since Jarome.

I can't imagine what his family - parents, sister, wife, and friends are going through. Heartbroken especially for their two kids will grow up without their dad and uncle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad