Prospect Info: Riley Kidney, LHC, Gatineau Olympiques (QMJHL ), 63rd overall

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Addik04

Sep 15, 2010
But people here are saying that he looks skinny. I don't understand what you're arguing, because it would make sense if someone mentioned that he looked bigger on the ice.

You can look bigger with bigger equipment, but if the guy looks skinny, it's generally not just the equipment.

You are right! Just went back to the initial post, I misread what he said!

Reactions: montreal and abo9

RealityHurts

Feb 24, 2020
Suzuki ? Obviously not now but in a year or 2
Bergeron is a player that has been able to reach close to or even better than 1 point per game on many separate campaigns while also being given Selke consideration for his defensive play.

There is no other Bergeron. It'd be a miracle if Suzuki hits that. I love Suzuki and all, but that's a lot of expectation from you!

cbtitan

Oct 3, 2017
Bergeron was always a good skater and was significantly bigger and stronger than Kidney at the same age
When drafted at 16 YO, Bergeron was 5'8" and 150 lbs.
He went to play midget at 16 and came to the Titan at 17 around 5'11" and 170 lbs.
When he got to the NHL camp in the next summer , he was 6"0" and 180 lbs.

Compared to Riley today:
12 Kidney, RileyMTLCR5'11"173
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

So it is not far fetched to believe that Riley will be in a couple of years a : 5"11"- 6'0" and 190 lbs if you look at Bergeron now at 6'1" and 195 lbs.

That is to say that he will also be more physical and quicker skater.

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
Bergeron is a player that has been able to reach close to or even better than 1 point per game on many separate campaigns while also being given Selke consideration for his defensive play.

There is no other Bergeron. It'd be a miracle if Suzuki hits that. I love Suzuki and all, but that's a lot of expectation from you!
also helps when you're playing with 2 elite wingers,doubt Suzuki sees that hopefully he gets one in Caufield

but yea hopefully Nick becomes as good or better

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
When drafted at 16 YO, Bergeron was 5'8" and 150 lbs.
He went to play midget at 16 and came to the Titan at 17 around 5'11" and 170 lbs.
When he got to the NHL camp in the next summer , he was 6"0" and 180 lbs.

Compared to Riley today:
12Kidney, RileyMTLCR5'11"173
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
So it is not far fetched to believe that Riley will be in a couple of years a : 5"11"- 6'0" and 190 lbs if you look at Bergeron now at 6'1" and 195 lbs.

That is to say that he will also be more physical and quicker skater.

Your stats are likely wrong as these height/weight listings are often just old data that has not been updated. Bergeron was NHL ready as far as size and strength go at this exact point in Kidney's development......there is no comparison to be made.

I'd be interested where you even found these stats or did you just extrapolate a linear growth path from his midget listing to his current listing...?

Reactions: jaffy27

cbtitan

Oct 3, 2017
Your stats are likely wrong as these height/weight listings are often just old data that has not been updated. Bergeron was NHL ready as far as size and strength go at this exact point in Kidney's development......there is no comparison to be made.

I'd be interested where you even found these stats or did you just extrapolate a linear growth path from his midget listing to his current listing...?
Well my memory very seldom fails me and I do remember Bergeron in his first camp and I reviewed articles written then in local papers....to speak frankly, I am astounded to be put in doubt by somebody who never knew him when he was a junior....
Just check his size at 16 YO playing midget in Quebec City and speak to witnesses of that time and then go on to speak to people like me who saw him facing Petr Vrana as a rookie in Junior and be stolen the Rookie of the Year Trophy by the latter.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He got tools to become a top 6C for sure.

Needs the hunger to keep improving each level he reaches and usually the ones who develop well, are the ones who are obsessed with hockey and improving. Weber quote "You will get what you get from the work you put into it".

Right now, it's early but there are things to like with is early development resume. Solid 2nd round stab at 63 overall. Seems like a big hit or bust type. I like this pick and we are going to find out more from him this year.

Anybody know why he was not on the U18 roster? He was on the team Canada white U17.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Needs the hunger to keep improving each level he reaches and usually the ones who develop well, are the ones who are obsessed with hockey and improving. Weber quote "You will get what you get from the work you put into it".

Right now, it's early but there are things to like with is early development resume. Solid 2nd round stab at 63 overall. Seems like a big hit or bust type. I like this pick and we are going to find out more from him this year.

Anybody know why he was not on the U18 roster? He was on the team Canada white U17.
No QMJHL player where at the U18 because they where playing there season

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Well my memory very seldom fails me and I do remember Bergeron in his first camp and I reviewed articles written then in local papers....to speak frankly, I am astounded to be put in doubt by somebody who never knew him when he was a junior....
Just check his size at 16 YO playing midget in Quebec City and speak to witnesses of that time and then go on to speak to people like me who saw him facing Petr Vrana as a rookie in Junior and be stolen the Rookie of the Year Trophy by the latter.

So as I suspected you don't have anything to back up your highly unlikely statement.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Yes it's one 1 team and it's a good question because they where a couple of good Q player that could make the team to

He seems like the type to take advantage of his opportunities from the small sample sizes I have seen so far. I like his growth from age 13-17 so far. Both goal and point totals move up the more he gets comfortable in each league he filters through. Only thing I would criticize is his lack of games played. Most so far is 59 games in 19/20.

I think a full Q season and 1.5 pts/game would be a good jump up in his 3rd Q year at age 18.

Reactions: Vachon23

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad