Prospect Info: Riley Kidney, LHC, Gatineau Olympiques (QMJHL ), 63rd overall

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
So... none.

Gotcha

You have to open your eyes to see the obvious.......conveniently filing everything into "It's MB's fault" takes some serious blinders and and a truly stubborn bias.

Perhaps you are familiar with Occam's Razor. If not I would suggest that you become acquainted.....

Reactions: dralaf

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
I suspect the MB haters will put on their hatred goggles and find some way to bend reality.
You don't have to put on "hatred goggles" to find fault with Bergevin; plenty of the hate is justified. Honestly, MB's tenure has been such a mixed bag. The last few years have really been better than his first few here, but he dug that hole himself. Imo, he has now just barely rectified the mess he made in his first years here, but that doesn't necessarily make him a good GM. He still has plenty of flaws, and still not much to show for his years here. I'm more open to him sticking around a few more years now, but still, he's basically only clawed his way back to neutral in terms of impact on the franchise.

Edit: I'm not arguing about the Timmins thing though; TT does basically have full autonomy. However, I think Timmins should have been gone a long time ago, and it is MB who decides whether Timmins is employed or not. So by extension, TT's failures (and successes) are on Bergevin.

Last edited:
Reactions: WeThreeKings

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
You have to open your eyes to see the obvious.......conveniently filing everything into "It's MB's fault" takes some serious blinders and and a truly stubborn bias.

Perhaps you are familiar with Occam's Razor. If not I would suggest that you become acquainted.....

it was a simple question. you answered it. all the self-aggrandizing posting that follows really isn't necessary and only highlights the silliness of an opinion being presented as fact.

perhaps acquaint yourself with confirmation bias, or any of a long list of logical fallacies your post suffers from... unless, of course, it's rather the simple challenge of reading comprehension that led to your reply :dunno:

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Imagine trying to defend MB by putting the blame on Timmins, his employee who he has only promoted for his performance in the last 9 years.

Any personnel fault is on MB. If he wasn't content with Timmins he would still not be here. But he is.

Reactions: EXPOS123

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Imagine trying to defend MB by putting the blame on Timmins, his employee who he has only promoted for his performance in the last 9 years.

Any personnel fault is on MB. If he wasn't content with Timmins he would still not be here. But he is.

if you want to be objective about is as possible it's really hard to find a magic blame bullet.

If we want to talk 1st rounders, Timmins deserves some blame. But again, in the first round he rarely made bizarre picks that you can really get too upset over.

Leblanc was very underwhelming at the time but even he started to look pretty promising at a point to be at least a 3rd/2nd liner.

McCarron went a bit early but people were getting high on him in his D+2/D+3 years.

People fume taking Tinordi over Kuznetsov NOW but at the time Russian players splitting to go to the KHL was absolutely a thing.

Everyone loved the Galchenyuk and Scherbak picks. The KK revisionism is hilarious. I can't recall anyone being upset at the time. There were a very small minority who wanted Tkachuk but even there wasn't much a stink about it.

Sly might be a bit better to blame but even them it's hard to say. He certainly didn't do us any favours but many of these guys were moved early enough where they easily could've reclaimed their careers. many stagnated and even regressed under him but how many of them really put the work into mature physically that you can really point the blame on a coach? Not absolving him but again if you want to really be objective you can never really know the impact of an AHL coach on your prospects with any degree of certainty if your being honest.

People will hate this answer but I think a lot of it may very well have just been bad luck. So much of it really is throwing darts at a dartboard. Not all of it but enough. TT should've went for higher upside players many times and I think that seems to be something he's getting better at. Sly didn't help but we don't really know how much he could've hurt either.

It's clear MB holds TT in pretty high regard or he very well would've been canned. Maybe there was infrastructural problems beyond TT among the lower level scouts. Who knows. I do think there's been an about face since 2017 but it's still too early to tell. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Reactions: ZUKI and bopeep

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
it was a simple question. you answered it. all the self-aggrandizing posting that follows really isn't necessary and only highlights the silliness of an opinion being presented as fact.

perhaps acquaint yourself with confirmation bias, or any of a long list of logical fallacies your post suffers from... unless, of course, it's rather the simple challenge of reading comprehension that led to your reply :dunno:

Jesus.......You are the one with confirmation bias.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
As most Q teams have held their rookie camps and have made cuts, the regular camps are about to begin.

Today, Acadie-Bathurst begin their main camp where all the vets/regulars start. Kidney is among them. He will be part of the red squad, wearing #12:

Reactions: Redux91

Jul 6, 2016
As most Q teams have held their rookie camps and have made cuts, the regular camps are about to begin.

Today, Acadie-Bathurst begin their main camp where all the vets/regulars start. Kidney is among them. He will be part of the red squad, wearing #12:

I was not aware that Lapierre had been traded to Bathurst. Could help Kidney a lot.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Today at 3PM ET, Acadie-Bathurst will have a preseason game against the Sea Dogs. Kidney is in the line-up. It will be his first preseason game since the earlier ones were more about evaluating the rookies.

Kidney is line-up at 2C.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Any footage of the 3 apples?

OIP.4ArK1-0ecO7VHiV1LIFzdQHaE8

:sarcasm:

cbtitan

Oct 3, 2017
I would say that he has a fair crack at the main camp.
I hope he does not make like Bergeron did in 2003.
But really it would be a dream come through for him....

Locks

May 28, 2005
I would say that he has a fair crack at the main camp.
I hope he does not make like Bergeron did in 2003.
But really it would be a dream come through for him....
Can you elaborate a little? Do you really think he has a chance to make the big team? Never mind the roster openings, I am just curious about your thoughts on his game?

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Can you elaborate a little? Do you really think he has a chance to make the big team? Never mind the roster openings, I am just curious about your thoughts on his game?

If he made the team it would be the shock of all shocks.. he's nowhere near physically ready.

There's a lot to like about his game but he'll need to develop his skating, get physically stronger.. there are a lot of things to like though, his coach raves about his compete and his ability to make the right play all over the ice. He has very good hands and very good playmaking. There's a chance for a really good player here but most limitations are physical and the way he attacks the game, as what he does in junior might not translate to the pros so he will need to learn how to produce at the next level.

Reactions: Vachon23 and Locks

Locks

May 28, 2005
If he made the team it would be the shock of all shocks.. he's nowhere near physically ready.

There's a lot to like about his game but he'll need to develop his skating, get physically stronger.. there are a lot of things to like though, his coach raves about his compete and his ability to make the right play all over the ice. He has very good hands and very good playmaking. There's a chance for a really good player here but most limitations are physical and the way he attacks the game, as what he does in junior might not translate to the pros so he will need to learn how to produce at the next level.

Yeah, that's in line with what I've read about Kidney and him making the team would indeed be a shock of shocks. But the upside is enticing I am looking forward to see him in camp.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad