Player Discussion Ridly Greig (LW) 28th Overall

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
On a different note.

Last night on the broadcast they kept talking about how Greig assisted on G's goal and how cool that was but aren't Sandy and the Riddler besties from way back due to their dads playing together?

His first point was a pass from one of his oldest friends that he then passed to his idol. Pretty wild turn of events for him to have that happen.
Technically he didn't really pass it to G, Giroux scored off the rebound.

Reactions: Cosmix

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
On a different note.

Last night on the broadcast they kept talking about how Greig assisted on G's goal and how cool that was but aren't Sandy and the Riddler besties from way back due to their dads playing together?

His first point was a pass from one of his oldest friends that he then passed to his idol. Pretty wild turn of events for him to have that happen.

They didn't play together while the kids were alive so I don't see why lol

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Isn’t it nice to have a player like that, someone whose skill set is lacking on this team. Honestly a breath of fresh air
If that is his ability game in and game out we have just revitalized the second line. Man Norris being out sucks, he’s also a superior defensive conscience on the team, and I had forgotten how good he is a ripping the puck.

Our centre depth is young but pretty stellar.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Just watched the game. Wow, great showing… Ever since I saw him play for Belleville as an underager during exceptional circumstances in the covid year, I was convinced this guy would be big time for us.

So aware both on O and on D, gritty as **** and a relentless motor. I hope he has a long healthy career because he can be huge for us.

Having Stutzle, Norris, Greig and Pinto as center options is just bonkers when everyone is healthy.

I have a feeling Greig will force the team to keep
him up this year

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Isn’t it nice to have a player like that, someone whose skill set is lacking on this team. Honestly a breath of fresh air
It'll be awesome to have him on Pinto's wing next season when we're hopefully healthy. Add Joseph to that and we're finally going to have what we all hoped we'd have - a rock solid top 9.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
If this guy can be a C at the next level, look out. I always had him pegged as a winger, and playing between Giroux and DeBrincat makes for an easier transition, but he looked incredible. Shane Pinto better look out.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Man Norris being out sucks, he’s also a superior defensive conscience on the team, and I had forgotten how good he is a ripping the puck..
The narrative as soon as we trade for the Cat was that Norris was now our second best scorer so that, coupled with his injuries makes that easy to believe.

To me, Norris has been underrated here for a while and I really hope he can bounce back with his shoulder because he is a massive part of our success moving forward.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Honestly I found him kinda invisible today. Noticed him on the PP, but nothing in particular about him stood out. Not a bad thing necessarily, there's going to be games where he has to keep it simple and not be a liability and he wasn't at all. I do wish he was a bit aggressive with the puck the way he was in his first game, but he'll get better

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I know it's a micro sample size but his advanced stats are ridiculous right now. 84.62 HDCF% damn (11-2)

Without question.

He's the definition of a hockey player. Only thing that could stop him is injuries.

So it's becoming more clear as to why we have been raving about this guy for a while?

I thought you would have voted him second in Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #2

Shane Pinto Votes: 71 89.9%

Ridly Greig Votes: 5 6.3%
But can't go wrong as Pinto is going to be damn good himself as well

The previous year, we were 9 to vote for him (11.8%) at Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2021 #3 and he finally ended up #6

Reactions: Sens With Benefits

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
Mike Fisher vibes for me in terms of board play, net front, and right place right time. Not sure about the two way game yet. Exciting. What a draft for us 2020 was.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
I know it's a micro sample size but his advanced stats are ridiculous right now. 84.62 HDCF% damn (11-2)

So it's becoming more clear as to why we have been raving about this guy for a while?

I thought you would have voted him second in Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #2

Shane Pinto Votes: 71 89.9%

Ridly Greig Votes: 5 6.3%
But can't go wrong as Pinto is going to be damn good himself as well

The previous year, we were 9 to vote for him (11.8%) at Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2021 #3 and he finally ended up #6

I’d still take Pinto over him. The biggest concern with Ridly isn’t play it’s inability to stay healthy.

Great start. I love his compete level. Seems like a guy who has that inner drive cranked to a higher level. Hopefully as he gains man strength the injuries become fewer and further apart.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Adding pinto and Greig is a pretty big boost.
Once Norris is back we should be well on our way to having th forwards all sorted out.
Need to focus on the d and goaltending to get them both at the same level.
Just need one excellent dman really and one excellent starting goalie.
So two pieces away.

Psycroptic86

Oct 5, 2019
Missed both games over the weekend(work). How did Grieg look? I did watch that sweet pass to Giroux in last night's game though.

Reactions: NB613

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad