Player Discussion Ridly Greig (LW) 28th Overall

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
He's been suspended multiple times now for objectively dirty plays at different levels.

It's something he has to fix, but thankfully it is fixable.

He should look to Brady as an example of how to play hard-nosed physical hockey without going over the line.
Yes he has and my point is that even with that he was a 1st round pick and is on the radar for Team Canada...no doubt they talk about playing the right way and I have no doubt he can be smart on the international stage.

We basically agree here.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
I definitely want more of the violence

4k85q0lihqfy.gif

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Gotta say, if calculated, kid knows how to get his name on the map. Good or bad, this makes us look at him closer for his physicality which we know this coaching staff loves (besides the glowing endorsemenr he received).

If all he has done was score his fancy goal, he probably gets demoted quickly to develop

Don't see anyone talking about Jaeventie, or Kastelic, or Thomson...etc.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Gotta say, if calculated, kid knows how to get his name on the map. Good or bad, this makes us look at him closer for his physicality which we know this coaching staff loves (besides the glowing endorsemenr he received).

If all he has done was score his fancy goal, he probably gets demoted quickly.

Don't see anyone talking about Jaeventie, or Kastelic, or Thomson...etc.

Nah he is just making sure people don’t be running up on him every time he pisses everyone off

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Greig looks like he has the offensive & defensive skillset to be an excellent 3rd line centre if that is where he ends up playing in the NHL. We have enough big bodies on the wings to suppliment his lack of size, but hopefully he becomes as good as Pageau if not better. Good to see him named captain that in itself says something about his character & hopefully he makes Team Canada & has a great WJC.

Tap on the Ankle

Jun 9, 2004
Ottawa
Had a bit of a slow start (compared to his big production last season) but he just had 5pts and a hatty tonight putting him above the ppg he finished last season with (1.64 vs 1.52). Averaging well over 5 shots per game (~4 last season and his draft year). Great production and clearly done with juniors, will for sure finish the season in the AHL and if we're lucky we'll get to see him in some NHL games.

Oddly the WHL site lists him as being drafted in 2021 instead of 2020

WHL Network

Last edited:

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
With his last few games he is now 2nd in points per game in the WHL and well within striking range of 1st.

With his motor and mean streak I am very happy with this level of production. He may turn out to be something special.

Reactions: Frank8 and Sicko

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Lol, there's no way he aint making the team. Higher chance of him being Canada's best player than not making the team.

Man, slowly but surely Greig continues his brilliant play. He can be the perfect LW to Tim Stutzle. Yall have no idea how ecstatic I been for this guy.

Greig-Stutzle-Miro
Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Formenton-Pinto-Sokolov

Last edited:

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
even if he doesnt play on a skilled line, he plays the exact kind of game Canada targets for their 4th line. I'd be disappointed if he doesn't make it, but Canada has made some odd choices in the past. I think he's on the team tho.

Alfie11

Feb 23, 2018
even if he doesnt play on a skilled line, he plays the exact kind of game Canada targets for their 4th line. I'd be disappointed if he doesn't make it, but Canada has made some odd choices in the past. I think he's on the team tho.

I agree, he's the type that Canada likes to bring to these events - gritty enough to play down the lineup but skilled enough to play higher if needed. Kind of what the Sens get out of Connor Brown.

He could start on the 4th line or an extra and end up on one of the top 2 lines by the end of the tourney.

Reactions: cudi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad