Salary Cap: RFA Marner - Silence until solution to the matter one way or the other

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Lost in all the pomp and circumstance of this negotiation process is the fact the player is the biggest winner of the all.
1. Let's wait until the actual contract numbers are released before we proclaim winners.
2. Marner has gone from being the most beloved Leaf in a long time to having most of the fanbase turn on him. He's only a winner if the only thing he cared about was money.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
So it's either going to get done or not. I'm hearing the same thing. Although it's from a homeless man on Bay St. He seems legit.
So this could happen quickly.....or not, according to this nitwit.

You'll notice pretty much every tweet he does, or whatever he says, he'll backtrack at the end with that caveat.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
also this was mitch's plan (ferris et al) all along, put out ridiculous numbers in the media so that 10.5M actually seems reasonable.

Reactions: kb

desperateblue

Jun 17, 2004
1. Let's wait until the actual contract numbers are released before we proclaim winners.
2. Marner has gone from being the most beloved Leaf in a long time to having most of the fanbase turn on him. He's only a winner if the only thing he cared about was money.
Hasn’t he shown that the only thing he cares about is money?
Couldn’t he have gone to the leafs and said I want this team to be great for a long time so I’ll gladly take a little less and solidify the back end and other holes for the next 7-8years?

You can’t claim anything else matters if your willing to sit out to get as much as someone else that you claim is a friend.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Acting against both parties’ best interests in order to settle personal scores resulting from pride and arrogance? Looks like it to me.

(Again, this is predicated on believing the rumours being floated... hard to know whether or not they’re corroborated)

There’s been no evidence of bad faith negotiation on anyone’s part.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Couldn’t he have gone to the leafs and said I want this team to be great for a long time so I’ll gladly take a little less and solidify the back end and other holes for the next 7-8years?

You can’t claim anything else matters if your willing to sit out to get as much as someone else that you claim is a friend.
Don't you mean, Mitch should settle for a vast overpay instead of an astronomical one? :sarcasm:

Reactions: ToneDog

desperateblue

Jun 17, 2004
Don't you mean, Mitch should settle for a vast overpay instead of an astronomical one? :sarcasm:
Every player in the league claims they just love playing the game!
None of them have ever had real jobs and stress.
If you get offered millions of dollars to do something you claim you love you should consider that already winning.
Being a greedy pig to get money that you can’t even spend does nothing but make your team worse in the years to come.
If he signs for 10plus that almost guarantees that mo, Barrie and muzzin are all gone.
Being on a winning team and having a chance every year has value imo and the kids these days have no idea

Reactions: kb

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Please! Right from the get-go with ferris coming out right after AM was signed saying Marner had been low-balled, o/s threats, overseas threats, "own comparables", "disrespected" ...... it's been a ****-show from day 1.

And how just how is bad faith negotiating?

Reactions: Bomber0104

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON

His love for the team is huge. Unfortunately it seems his ego is bigger. The Shannaclan should have been stroking it the moment they drafted him.

Matthews34

Oct 9, 2009
Uxbridge
6 x $10.5 would be a great deal. Disappointed though that none of the big three were signed for max term, which I thought would have been a no-brainer and foregone conclusion (from both sides).

Matthews and Nylander and then Marner and Tavares coming up as UFAs in back-to-back summers is not ideal. But guess just gotta cross that bridge when the time comes at this point.

Tavares will 35 so it won't matter. He'll either retire or take a one year Thornton deal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad