Pre-Game Talk: Return of the Rat - Stanley Cup Finals '24: Edmonton vs. Florida

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Predict the Final

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
The rangers were only there because of Shesterkin. thats it, thats all. They would have clearly lost to the Canes without him saving their bacon almost every game.

The Canes were by miles the better club in that series and I have no horse in this race, I prefer the rangers entertainment wise, but they weren't bringing it.
Get real, Rangers we’re 7-0 to start the playoffs. Carolina was reeling, facing elimination before they knew what hit them

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Looks like it. Seriously Vancouver- ruining a man’s career is something.
Not gonna play homer on this. Gazdik had a hand in that himself. I mean theres a line and he stomped over that reacting like a fanboy complaining about the Awful treatment he received at hands of Nucks fans. Do we all complain about what dicks some Nucks fans can be? sure. But we're not doing that in professional capacity. Gazdik was blatantly unprofessional.

Reactions: foshizzle

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Get real, Rangers were 7-0 to start the playoffs. Carolina was reeling, facing elimination before they knew what hit them
Rangers were frauds
Should’ve lost to Carolina but found a way in OT a few times
They were outshot and outchanced in most games but goaltending saved their bacon
Oh well, it caught up with them in the end

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Get real, Rangers we’re 7-0 to start the playoffs. Carolina was reeling, facing elimination before they knew what hit them
Carolina outplayed the Rangers by a significant margin every game but game 1. Shesterkin was fantastic. Must be nice for your goalie to nab 55saves to get a Double OT W and also have the NHL call 4 consecutive penalties on Canes in OT and 3rd period for Rangers to even be in the game.

Reactions: Biltmore

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
Rangers were frauds
Should’ve lost to Carolina but found a way in OT a few times
They were outshot and outchanced in most games but goaltending saved their bacon
Oh well, it caught up with them in the end
What a load of shit. The best team won that series, deal with it

Reactions: Duke74

Gordy Elbows

Keep off my lawn
Oct 31, 2019
One thing that I feel like I have to get off of my chest, everyone is talking about how physical Florida is and how they are going to run our show. Well do people forget how physical Calgary was? How they had monsters like Lucic, Gudbranson and Zadorov? Yes we lack a guy like Kostin for this series, but I don't see our guys not being willing to give it their all out there because of guys like Tkachuk and Bennett.
Agree. Apart from Ryan and McLeod, the rest of the team seem able to give and take with anyone.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
Carolina outplayed the Rangers by a significant margin every game but game 1. Shesterkin was fantastic. Must be nice for your goalie to nab 55saves to get a Double OT W and also have the NHL call 4 consecutive penalties on Canes in OT and 3rd period for Rangers to even be in the game.
Oh I see blame them for having a good goalie and now whine about reffing, weak.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
Rangers are sitting at home now too because the playoffs eventually expose fraud teams
Deal with it
Fraud teams? You have no clue what you’re talking about. A team with a short rebuild, 2 final 4’s in two years and a presidents trophy. A fraud is Carolina with their euro lineup year after year.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
You haven't heard Gazdik lately. There goes his fledgling job in a puff of smoke. Oh well, he can do podcasts or something now.

tbh I never go on TSN or Snet website. If I want to go over games just go on NHL site or ESPN or some such site. i don't even have Snet or TSN bookmarked, actually never have.

Yeah, Spector would be an argument against. Didn't know he had any affiliation. lol
Pal, that comment wasnt directed at you. Just a general missive on the pathetic quality of SN contributors.

Man , this game can’t come fast enough, I’m pissing off friends just from my general observations and comments..

;)

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Well you knew I’m a Rangers fan of sorts, but I’m saying Shesterkin had a great playoff.
Florida was all over them, we all know that, the post I responded to thought Keumper level goaltending is good enough, it’s not.
Shesterkin was amazing.
You kinda have to be when all your forwards go ghost for an entire series. None of the players on that team are all that memorable for playoff hockey.

if you needed anymore reason to be jacked for tomorrow.

What a load of shit. The best team won that series, deal with it
Every game was like 38 shots Carolina 23 shot Rangers the best goalie won that series.

Reactions: Biltmore

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
Not gonna play homer on this. Gazdik had a hand in that himself. I mean theres a line and he stomped over that reacting like a fanboy complaining about the Awful treatment he received at hands of Nucks fans. Do we all complain about what dicks some Nucks fans can be? sure. But we're not doing that in professional capacity. Gazdik was blatantly unprofessional.
He really was. He just got the biggest break of his life then did something really stupid.

Read the room Luke.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
You kinda have to be when all your forwards go ghost for an entire series. None of the players on that team are all that memorable for playoff hockey.

if you needed anymore reason to be jacked for tomorrow.

Every game was like 38 shots Carolina 23 shot Rangers the best goalie won that series.

Who cares what the shots were? Shots could’ve all been muffins, hell, Oilers won with 10 shots, are they a bad team too?

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Pal, that comment wasnt directed at you. Just a general missive on the pathetic quality of SN contributors.

Man , this game can’t come fast enough, I’m pissing off friends just from my general observations and comments..

;)
Not at all. Apparently I have a poor taste in broadcasters and content but then again I even like whats on Roku. I'm pretty easily pleased. haha.

I remember a moment where my parents became less selective in what they watched. I think I've arrived there.

Basically just show me the games. its all I want. The broadcasters, the panels don't make a big difference to me. What does is being able to see every game which for younger fans they don't know what privilege that actually is and how shortlived, relatively, that actually is.

Remember the 3 channel Universe and one was in French? Fortunately one didn't need a lot of french to watch the Habs play on CBC French back in the day instead of watching the Shitty leafs.

He really was. He just got the biggest break of his life then did something really stupid.

Read the room Luke.
Some people are just dumb. He was handed a golden opportunity and a lot of people initially liked him. I sensed he wasn't much from the outset. Maybe I am selective, lol.

I think what Gazdik got lost in the room where he was in they were applauding his on air stupidity. Doesn't mean you should keep doing it. its about having a clue what will be acceptable on air or will not be and that he can't just be in some podcast or blog and think nobody is seeing it. I mean really how dumb is that?

Reactions: brentashton

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Oh I see blame them for having a good goalie and now whine about reffing, weak.
I'm sensing some weird Rangers defence mechanism at work here. heh. Man, I'm not even critical of the Rangers, I like the team, I wanted to play them for the selfish reason it would be the most entertaining SC final and we probably win it too.

Panthers are another club that I just would prefer not be getting to finals. Would far rather be facing off against a Classic original 6 franchise and of course the NHL should as well. I think for awhile the NHL was trying hard to make the Rangers happen.

Reactions: Messrules11

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
Not at all. Apparently I have a poor taste in broadcasters and content but then again I even like whats on Roku. I'm pretty easily pleased. haha.

I remember a moment where my parents became less selective in what they watched. I think I've arrived there.

Basically just show me the games. its all I want. The broadcasters, the panels don't make a big difference to me. What does is being able to see every game which for younger fans they don't know what privilege that actually is and how shortlived, relatively, that actually is.

Remember the 3 channel Universe and one was in French? Fortunately one didn't need a lot of french to watch the Habs play on CBC French back in the day instead of watching the Shitty leafs.

Some people are just dumb. He was handed a golden opportunity and a lot of people initially liked him. I sensed he wasn't much from the outset. Maybe I am selective, lol.

I think what Gazdik got lost in the room where he was in they were applauding his on air stupidity. Doesn't mean you should keep doing it. its about having a clue what will be acceptable on air or will not be and that he can't just be in some podcast or blog and think nobody is seeing it. I mean really how dumb is that?
Will be interested to see if he was just sidelined for the finals or if he is done.

Guaranteed he had a ' don't make us look stupid' clause in his contract.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
I'm sensing some weird Rangers defence mechanism at work here. heh. Man, I'm not even critical of the Rangers, I like the team, I wanted to play them for the selfish reason it would be the most entertaining SC final and we probably win it too.

Panthers are another club that I just would prefer not be getting to finals. Would far rather be facing off against a Classic original 6 franchise and of course the NHL should as well. I think for awhile the NHL was trying hard to make the Rangers happen.
No worries, I’m still pissed they lost to Florida but I don’t agree with your last sentence. This league is not fixed, just incompetent

Reactions: Drivesaitl
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad