Pre-Game Talk: Return of the Rat - Stanley Cup Finals '24: Edmonton vs. Florida

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Predict the Final

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Who cares what the shots were? Shots could’ve all been muffins, hell, Oilers won with 10 shots, are they a bad team too?
Yeah., and it was literally our worst played game of the series they got severely outplayed. Its alright to admit that a single player helped propel you in a series you honestly think if the teams switched goalies NYs offence would have took it to 6 games?

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Will be interested to see if he was just sidelined for the finals or if he is done.

Guaranteed he had a ' don't make us look stupid' clause in his contract.
My first take was just for finals but I can't see him coming back after that. Its not just out of who was offended (and it is a whole fanbase for better or worse) Its a member team, an Snet rights team, and its a reflection that if Luke could say all that then as a broadcaster the first thing is thinking how much of a loose cannon is this guy and what other shit could he say.

Reminds me of a coworker once that got fired on the spot. Sup said it wasn't just what he stated, but that he exercised such poor and non existent discretion that he could no longer be trusted. Thats the bigger message in things like that.

Reactions: Heavy Dee

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
Yeah., and it was literally our worst played game of the series they got severely outplayed. Its alright to admit that a single player helped propel you in a series you honestly think if the teams switched goalies NYs offence would have took it to 6 games?
Hypotheticals mean nothing.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Im so tired of fans saying Florida’s forecheck is unstoppable. As long as edm keeps doing what they’ve been doing the panthers will start taking penalties guaranteed. Edm has been getting like 1 or 2 pp’s a game max, if they can get 3-4 that alone could sway things in their favour.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Im so tired of fans saying Florida’s forecheck is unstoppable. As long as edm keeps doing what they’ve been doing the panthers will start taking penalties guaranteed. Edm has been getting like 1 or 2 pp’s a game max, if they can get 3-4 that alone could sway things in their favour.
The forecheck and “they have been there before” are 2 statements that are greatly overused. They got destroyed by Vegas. Not sure there is a whole lot more experience being disposed of that quickly. Florida’s depth- how is Edmonton’s less? Hyman has more goals than Reinhart and Tkachuk combined. The consensus Florida winning in a walk is consuming at best

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
The forecheck and “they have been there before” are 2 statements that are greatly overused. They got destroyed by Vegas. Not sure there is a whole lot more experience being disposed of that quickly. Florida’s depth- how is Edmonton’s less? Hyman has more goals than Reinhart and Tkachuk combined. The consensus Florida winning in a walk is consuming at best
To be fair, Florida had injuries last year but are now healthy this year and far better. That said, I do believe both teams are very similar. It’s just that everyone keeps going back to the panthers “unstoppable” forecheck. I don’t doubt it will be on full display especially early on in game 1. But I truly believe as the periods and games go on things will settle down. I won’t take any stock into the first period tmrw. Edm will get swarmed and adjust. Im not worried. What I am worried about is skinner. As long as edm matches the intensity they will be okay.

Reactions: Biltmore

Mez

Nov 16, 2017

I'm glad this team is keying on that survey. They know people expect them to lose, gives them that little extra edge of motivation.

Reactions: Arty Spooners Bsmnt

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.

I'm glad this team is keying on that survey. They know people expect them to lose, gives them that little extra edge of motivation.

Troll Sports Network is at it again. Oh well, Oilers prefer an underdog role.

Still can't believe Ryan "Oilers should trade Draisaitl while they can" (made comments in 2017) is still doing broadcasts and considered to have any credibility at all. He's somebody that makes Spector and Matheson almost seem pleasant. Rishaug over the years has said any dirt on Drai and been proved wrong every time. Another TSN dirtbag.

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
Then why was he expecting to be on the SC broadcasts and taunting the Van fanbase specifically with that? Something not adding up.
I don't know. He said one dumb thing on a podcast. I'm sure he believes it but regrets it

Snowflakes will have at him. Too bad bc he was good on the panel

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
I don't know. He said one dumb thing on a podcast. I'm sure he believes it but regrets it

Snowflakes will have at him. Too bad bc he was good on the panel
Yeah, this isn't about cancel culture its strictly business. Gazdic pissed off a whole subscriber fanbase and one that isn't likely to forget it. Thats of huge consequence to Snet as well as like it or lump it thats the largest market that Snet has rightsholding for. Toronto and Mtl are TSN.

I don't think this goes away and I could see why. For sure I don't think Gazdik offered anything to the telecasts. Good to me is about validity. His playoff picks and such are laughable.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Rangers were frauds
Should’ve lost to Carolina but found a way in OT a few times
They were outshot and outchanced in most games but goaltending saved their bacon
Oh well, it caught up with them in the end
Yup. Agreed. Rangers are frauds. Bunch of p***yes on that team that gave up cause of a little physicality.

Reactions: mkatcherin00

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Yeah, this isn't about cancel culture its strictly business. Gazdic pissed off a whole subscriber fanbase and one that isn't likely to forget it. Thats of huge consequence to Snet as well as like it or lump it thats the largest market that Snet has rightsholding for. Toronto and Mtl are TSN.

I don't think this goes away and I could see why. For sure I don't think Gazdik offered anything to the telecasts. Good to me is about validity. His playoff picks and such are laughable.
SN pisses off the entire Oilers subscriber base all the time though lol. Nucks are making a big stink over nothing. If Bieksa has said the “Oilers are a joke”. We’d be pissed, make some jokes about him being an idiot, then move on with our lives.

You are underestimating the toxicity and classlessness of the Nucks fanbase. Remember, this is the same fanbase who tried to cancel Coffey for being “racist”.

If Gazdic is canned for this, it would be a travesty. A win for the Nucks fanbase and a loss for the Oilers fanbase. Whether or not you like his analysis. This is the Nucks taking out one of our own.

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023

In the end he made a mistake. We know that fanbase and their media will never let it go. Victim mentality 24/7

Luke has to accept his fate

I Remeber odawg on tsn said something about Kane's daughter and Kane half threatened him in that snet interview.

Don't Remeber anything coming out of that

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
In the end he made a mistake. We know that fanbase and their media will never let it go. Victim mentality 24/7

Luke has to accept his fate

I Remeber odawg on tsn said something about Kane's daughter and Kane half threatened him in that snet interview.

Don't Remeber anything coming out of that
I cited that one today. O Dog is a piece of shit that shouldn't be on the air.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
SN pisses off the entire Oilers subscriber base all the time though lol. Nucks are making a big stink over nothing. If Bieksa has said the “Oilers are a joke”. We’d be pissed, make some jokes about him being an idiot, then move on with our lives.

You are underestimating the toxicity and classlessness of the Nucks fanbase. Remember, this is the same fanbase who tried to cancel Coffey for being “racist”.

If Gazdic is canned for this, it would be a travesty. A win for the Nucks fanbase and a loss for the Oilers fanbase. Whether or not you like his analysis. This is the Nucks taking out one of our own.
I'm trying to look at it objectively.

Like I said before one thing doesn't justify the other and Gazdic is held to professional standard. Or should be. He succumbed to basic online trolling and failed in doing so, spectacularly. Even his "hope you guys enjoy my SC coverage with Oilers in it" taunts are cringeworthy. Basically an idiot that tried to use a platform as if he owned it until it became a trapdoor. His taunting was juvenile. For sure most of us can be like that online but again not held to professional standard.

Guy like Gazdic being our broadcaster makes us all look bad. jmo

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
TRust me i feel dirty for even trying to defend the Nucks reaction but rying to look at it objectively.

Like I said before one thing doesn't justify the other and Gazdik is held to professional standard. Or should be. He succumbed to basic online trolling and failed in doing so, spectacularly. Even his "hope you guys enjoy my SC coverage with Oilers in it" taunts are cringeworthy. Basically an idiot that tried to use a platform until it became a trapdoor.

You are right if we look at it from a neutral pov, but I Remeber alot of the Nucks media like Thomas drance and Ontario media and more who said Edmonton was a joke when we won the McDavid lottery. Edmonton should be relegated etc.

I was trying to search for them. Probably deleted. Different times now

Reactions: Drivesaitl

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I'm trying to look at it objectively.

Like I said before one thing doesn't justify the other and Gazdic is held to professional standard. Or should be. He succumbed to basic online trolling and failed in doing so, spectacularly. Even his "hope you guys enjoy my SC coverage with Oilers in it" taunts are cringeworthy. Basically an idiot that tried to use a platform as if he owned it until it became a trapdoor. His taunting was juvenile. For sure most of us can be like that online but again not held to professional standard.

See I think you are underestimating the Nucks fanbase. “Basic online trolling” is NOT what they were doing. I DO basic online trolling. I don’t go after people’s families. I don’t send threats. I don’t advocate for cancelling careers. The toxicity of the Nucks fanbase was at an extreme level. You had to be on Twitter to see it, it was worse than any flame wars between Oilers and Flames fans.

In that sense, I see exactly where Gazdic was coming from.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
You are right if we look at it from a neutral pov, but I Remeber alot of the Nucks media like Thomas drance and Ontario media and more who said Edmonton was a joke when we won the McDavid lottery. Edmonton should be relegated etc.

Yes. Media guys have called us a
Joke in the pass. But even worse they use underhanded biased tactics to advocate for us to do franchise killing trades and stupidity. If the Oilers missed the playoffs this year with McDavid, theyd come after us like a pack of wolves trying to tear our franchise apart. And we’d sit there as a fanbase and take it. The Nucks response to Gazdic is overblown. It’s typical of the riotous Nucks fanbase. The same one who tried to cancel Coffey for being “racist”.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
See I think you are underestimating the Nucks fanbase. “Basic online trolling” is NOT what they were doing. I DO basic online trolling. I don’t go after people’s families. I don’t send threats. I don’t advocate for cancelling careers. The toxicity of the Nucks fanbase was at an extreme level. You had to be on Twitter to see it, it was worse than any flame wars between Oilers and Flames fans.

In that sense, I see exactly where Gazdic was coming from.
Didn't see any threats or anything and if there are there are other means for dealing with that. You're right in that I don't go on twitter but I don't know Gazdic should be either given what we've seen. Somebody this reactive, maybe not the best thing. Hey, I practice what I preach. I NEVER post on other fanboards or responding much because I know myself. Yeah it can get heated quick. So avoid it.

I seem to only remember TSN and eastern dipshits and what they say hehe We all have our bias.

Yeah, jk aside theres a basic level of trolling provinces that goes on in this country that is imo poor form and helps to divide the nation. Alberta gets kicked in the teeth a lot. I wouldn't last long on media either. Trust me. haha

Reactions: mkatcherin00
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad