Pre-Game Talk: Return of the Rat - Stanley Cup Finals '24: Edmonton vs. Florida

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Predict the Final

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
Didn't see any threats or anything and if there are there are other means for dealing with that. You're right in that I don't go on twitter but I don't know Gazdic should be either given what we've seen. Somebody this reactive, maybe not the best thing. Hey, I practice what I preach. I NEVER post on other fanboards or responding much because I know myself. Yeah it can get heated quick. So avoid it.

I seem to only remember TSN dipshits and what they say hehe We all have our bias.

Yeah, jk aside theres a basic level of trolling provinces that goes on in this country that is imo poor form and helps to divide the nation. Alberta gets kicked in the teeth a lot. I wouldn't last long on media either. Trust me. haha
Friedman said he couldn't repeat the stuff he seen. Gadzic went off of the deep end, but Friedman said the stuff sent to him was disgusting

Oc course the van radio and podcast media kept talking about it too. Poor guys

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Yes. Media guys have called us a
Joke in the pass. But even worse they use underhanded biased tactics to advocate for us to do franchise killing trades and stupidity. If the Oilers missed the playoffs this year with McDavid, theyd come after us like a pack of wolves trying to tear our franchise apart. And we’d sit there as a fanbase and take it. The Nucks response to Gazdic is overblown. It’s typical of the riotous Nucks fanbase. The same one who tried to cancel Coffey for being “racist”.
I hardly see us as that. heh. We're pretty rabid ourselves. Myself and present company included.

The Coffey thing was disgusting but probably some teen in a basement stirring shit online.

Anyway you're getting me all riled up hearing about all this. None of us want that. lolol

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I hardly see us as that. heh. We're pretty rabid ourselves. Myself and present company included.

The Coffey thing was disgusting but probably some teen in a basement stirring shit online.

Anyway you're getting me all riled up hearing about all this. None of us want that. lolol
Lol. Well we hardly make a stink in any way that could make tangible changes like getting someone fired. Or even calling out officiating even though we have more than enough evidence to. We take our lumps, make our jokes, then usually take the high road. Shows a security and maturity in our fanbase unlike the unhinged toxic nucks fanbase that wants to see the world burned cause they never won a Cup. Coffey situation included.

Well I don’t mean to get you riled up but we need ya bro, f*** the Nucks and their fanbase, let’s protect our own.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Lol. Well we hardly make a stink in any way that could make tangible changes like getting someone fired. Or even calling out officiating even though we have more than enough evidence to. We take our lumps, make our jokes, then usually take the high road. Shows a security and maturity in our fanbase unlike the unhinged toxic nucks fanbase that wants to see the world burned cause they never won a Cup. Coffey situation included.

Well I don’t mean to get you riled up but we need ya bro, f*** the Nucks and their fanbase, let’s protect our own.
The Nucks are insignificant spittle. Didn't you see my comments on that team and fanbase all year long?

heh. i was as dissing the Nucks as much as I was the Flames the last number of years.

But they're dead and gone and that battle done. Nucks might not even make playoffs next year. Maybe WC

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Yeah, this isn't about cancel culture its strictly business. Gazdic pissed off a whole subscriber fanbase and one that isn't likely to forget it. Thats of huge consequence to Snet as well as like it or lump it thats the largest market that Snet has rightsholding for. Toronto and Mtl are TSN.

I don't think this goes away and I could see why. For sure I don't think Gazdik offered anything to the telecasts. Good to me is about validity. His playoff picks and such are laughable.

Big whoop

His employer posted garbage mocking the Oilers after they got swept by the Avs and they continually act like the team is lucky to be in the league half the time. Hardly any coverage at all

And they just re-signed with that shit network and the worst of the big scumbag telecom monopolies in Canada…for 11 years.

They don’t give a flying f*** about this fanbase, why do they care about that one? Worried they might burn down Rogers’ businesses in the Lower Mainland?

Rogers and Sportsnet can get f***ed from every angle imaginable

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
The Nucks are insignificant spittle. Didn't you see my comments on that team and fanbase all year long?

heh. i was as dissing the Nucks as much as I was the Flames the last number of years.

But they're dead and gone and that battle done. Nucks might not even make playoffs next year. Maybe WC
Truth it’s done. We won. And I did see you shit on them plenty. And for many years they were irrelevant to me so I really didn’t. Had forgotten the Sedin years. But that Nucks-Oil series was eye opening, both on Twitter, and on the mains. Never seen such a classless, toxic fanbase. Then I watched that Riot Documetary on ESPN and it all makes sense. These people are f***ed in the head. They don’t know how to do normal fan chirping. Their brand of chirping is UNCANADIAN. Then the attempted cancels of Coffey and Gazdic cause of their Oilers relation seals it for me. They can get f***ed. They asked for this smoke, they are gonna get it lol.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Big whoop

His employer posted garbage mocking the Oilers after they got swept by the Avs and they continually act like the team is lucky to be in the league half the time. Hardly any coverage at all

And they just re-signed with that shit network and the worst of the big scumbag telecom monopolies in Canada…for 11 years.

They don’t give a flying f*** about this fanbase, why do they care about that one? Worried they might burn down Rogers’ businesses in the Lower Mainland?

You guys get stirred up in this, I'll be focusing my negative energy on the next opponent. lol. Nucks are so nothing and its past. Team isn't worth fretting over that much, agreed,. But not gonna defend a tool like Gazdic either.

All the Canadian sports networks, or well any networks we have are shit. If theres a good Canadian Network anywhere I haven't seen it..

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Yes. Media guys have called us a
Joke in the pass. But even worse they use underhanded biased tactics to advocate for us to do franchise killing trades and stupidity. If the Oilers missed the playoffs this year with McDavid, theyd come after us like a pack of wolves trying to tear our franchise apart. And we’d sit there as a fanbase and take it. The Nucks response to Gazdic is overblown. It’s typical of the riotous Nucks fanbase. The same one who tried to cancel Coffey for being “racist”.
C'mon dude. You're talking about a fanbase and media that runs ppl outta town quick. How many players have been punted and gone on to find better success w/ less scrutiny?

I mean seriously, when the Oilers make something as trivial as a 4th line decision they are brought infront of a tribunal of public opinion and it's dissected to death

This market is no better

Reactions: Drivesaitl

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
C'mon dude. You're talking about a fanbase and media that runs ppl outta town quick. How many players have been punted and gone on to find better success w/ less scrutiny?

I mean seriously, when the Oilers make something as trivial as a 4th line decision they are brought infront of a tribunal of public opinion and it's dissected to death

This market is no better
Nope. Hard disagree. Online fanbases sure, we are all passionate about hockey in Canada and have strong opinions on players, coaches, or management.

Where the markets differ, ours and say Toronto. Is what the media does with those criticisms. That’s the difference. When Nurse has his struggles, I saw an Edmonton Media market look into his plus minus, dig deep, and then ultimately try to defend his play. If that shit happens in Toronto? Get ready for 24/7 shitting on of players and maybe even their DADs, that’s non stop, not informed, and is just raging into the airwaves. We are not the same as toxic markets like Toronto or Vancouver, no matter how much HF boards may make it look like that at times.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Big whoop

Had almost forgotten about that. The SWEEP picture after we just got eliminated in the WCF. Coming straight from SN’s Official Twitter account. Way more of a lack of professionalism than what Gazdic did, which was on an OilersNation podcast with off the cuff remarks.

Never forget the Oilers hating morons we are dealing with at SN.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
There wasn’t really ever a point for me during the series against Dallas that I disliked their team or fans. This series hasn’t even started yet and I already hate FLA’s guts, and we’ve barely played them over the years, and have no historic rivalry. ;)

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
There wasn’t really ever a point for me during the series against Dallas that I disliked their team or fans. This series hasn’t even started yet and I already hate FLA’s guts, and we’ve barely played them over the years, and have no historic rivalry. ;)
That Dallas series was tame compared to what we are about to witness I think. On the ice for sure, the Stars soft “no penalties allowed” game was a coaching fail by Deboer. You got Hyman turning his back in the slot and having all the time and space to make net front passes. No threat of a cross check in sight. I look at McDavids amazing Game 6 goal too and think McDavid has no fear of going to hard areas cause the Stars didn’t make any areas hard. Throughout that series I thought the Oilers should exploit that extra time and space due to their softness.

I think “Florida Mans” have a much higher potential to get unhinged as fanbase too. Right now they are pretty confident and cocky though, but we’ll see what happens when shit hits the fan.

Reactions: bellagiobob

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Bread man seems only about the money. Sure wasn't money on ice.

Zed about as tentative as Mcleod. Scared to mess up his hair or get it sweaty through exertion lol

Rangers were pastry on ice. Somehow the Canes still lost to them.

Its no great shakes in the East. A lot of teams not built for playoffs. Florida only seems physical and stuff in relation to how soft the East lineups are.

Canes are heavy heavy chokers in the playoffs too. Rangers had a pretty easy run. Washington was complete trash. They goalied through the battle of the chokers in round 2. Finally ran into a good playoff team and some of their depth guys almost dragged their chokers to a 3-1 series lead, but the choking was too great.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Matthew Ratchuk is ready to get his ass kicked.

I don't get the florida toughness hype either.

It's like tarasenko and forsling and verhage or something? Unless Lundell is a beast I don't see it.

If they can nuter tkachuk they should be able to beat them physically no?
And Reinhart is a pretty big p***y. Basically Tkachuk and Bennett give them outsized reputation. But it's not like they are a big bad Bruins with Chara, Boichuk, Lucic, Horton, and others.

Reactions: SavoieSeason
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad