Pre-Game Talk: Return of the Rat - Stanley Cup Finals '24: Edmonton vs. Florida

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Predict the Final

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I got my tickets for game 1 already and looking for game 2. Flying from Toronto to MIA with AC wasn’t bad. $700 RT and I was able to use eUpgrade credits to upgrade to biz, although it’s a Rouge flight so nothing special.
game 1 tickets, I found on stubhub for 500 usd for upper bowl, 4th row.
I might splurge for game 2 and go lower bowl.
Another family I know is doing the same, so hopefully there will be lots of Oilers in the crowd.
awesome.
Flying outta Halifax adds 1000$ to it probably. I think Oilersnation will be well represented
GO OILERS

Something something “if a tree falls in the forest”

Maybe in a select few US markets. Boston and NY. Maybe

Side note- Frick ya!!! Good chance I’m going to game four and making the drive up from Calgary!!!
GM 4 could be pricey

I friggen hate the Panthers. I was cheering for the Rangers. i felt they let me down a bit. haha

But man. Shesterkin was god in net. Would love to have that guy.
Rangers played very soft. Some changes needed there in offseason

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
One thing that I feel like I have to get off of my chest, everyone is talking about how physical Florida is and how they are going to run our show. Well do people forget how physical Calgary was? How they had monsters like Lucic, Gudbranson and Zadorov? Yes we lack a guy like Kostin for this series, but I don't see our guys not being willing to give it their all out there because of guys like Tkachuk and Bennett.

Yeah I find the physicality aspect to be a little laughable.

It's a lazy narrative from Eastern Conference Sport writers who haven't watched a single Western Conference game and are just relying on several seasons old narratives and cliches from the decade of darkness.

Half of these reporters said the same thing about the Oilers against Dallas for Christ's sake.

The Tkachuk and Bennett thing is funny though because literally McDavid and Draisaitl schooled then for years in Calgary though while they were backed up by kind you said - Looch, Gudbranson, Zadorov, etc - legit heavyweights.

Sheikyerbouti

ShakeyerMcBooty
Nov 4, 2006
Van isle
Nurse-Ceci is just wild. Hopefully these lines are Knoblauch trolling the panthers ;p

Top three forward lines are perfection though. Good matchup against Florida's second and the third line is the best we can roll to match theirs.

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021
Im so tired of fans saying Florida’s forecheck is unstoppable. As long as edm keeps doing what they’ve been doing the panthers will start taking penalties guaranteed. Edm has been getting like 1 or 2 pp’s a game max, if they can get 3-4 that alone could sway things in their favour.
The lead up to the finals made me further realize how much I despise the hockey media and other fans… just toxic and ignorant

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
From 2006 to the doldrums of 1st liner Ryan Potulney, Chris VanVelde and Mean Dean Arsene... let's make this a cup final to f***ing remember as goddamn champions

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

Game 8

Mar 8, 2003
Hi guys - just dropped by to say hello to the old timers at hfboards and wish everyone a fun week watching the SCF. Been a long long road and hopefully we get the outcome we all hope for. Go Oilers!
Hi Asia
How lucky are we that the team we hope for has been to the finals 8 times!

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Nurse-Ceci is just wild. Hopefully these lines are Knoblauch trolling the panthers ;p

Top three forward lines are perfection though. Good matchup against Florida's second and the third line is the best we can roll to match theirs.
Agreed. Iove the forward lines.

Plus I like McLeod and McLovin as 4th liners. Even if they do jack s**t offensively, they do the same job as Janmark and Brown pressuring the opponent and forcing them to earn every inch of ice they advance. Imo lines like that are going to be key to breaking up the flow of FLA's forecheck.

I could see the defence being a bit of misdirection too.
Broberg-Kulak, while not bad. doesn't make a ton of sense. Why have one of them on their off side when VInny's a great 3rd pairing option? That's not where their weakspot is.

Because the most obvious point about the Oilers defence is: YOU CANNOT RUN NURSE-CECI VS. A HYPER AGGRESSIVE FORECHECK.

Though I get the feeling the Nurse-Kulak pairing has flown under the radar for how much it turned Darnell's game around, even if Kulak is in slightly over his head in that role. So I wonder if the plan is to hide (or at least obscure) that from pre-series scouting.

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
Holy forking shirts and pants, it's SCF gameday. I could not be more excited (and nervous).

LFG Oil!!!!

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
I'm trying to look at it objectively.

Like I said before one thing doesn't justify the other and Gazdic is held to professional standard. Or should be. He succumbed to basic online trolling and failed in doing so, spectacularly. Even his "hope you guys enjoy my SC coverage with Oilers in it" taunts are cringeworthy. Basically an idiot that tried to use a platform as if he owned it until it became a trapdoor. His taunting was juvenile. For sure most of us can be like that online but again not held to professional standard.

Guy like Gazdic being our broadcaster makes us all look bad. jmo
He may have been reading his own press clippings as well thinking he was untouchable.

Teachable moment as we say at corporate lol.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
$25 for a microwaved sandwich??? Idk
There is only so much money to go around.

This was the first Boston Pizza.

1717852462248.png

It's kind of what happened to most really good food joints. Went corporate and now look like this..

1717852775198.png

The food is still pretty good and the atmosphere is better.

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
Not sure where this belongs, but how in the world did Pisani put up 14 goals in 24 playoff games when his regular season best was 18 goals in 80 games????

I was watching the run in 06, but that stat is unbelievable.

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
There is only so much money to go around.

This was the first Boston Pizza.

View attachment 880470

It's kind of what happened to most really good food joints. Went corporate and now look like this..

View attachment 880471

The food is still pretty good and the atmosphere is better.

the food is pretty good? i haven't been in like 5 years but you could pretty much get Michelin star food for the prices there and I'm pretty sure most of it comes out of the deep freeze and giant jugs

to be fair even McDonald's is insanely expensive now though so if BPs hasn't accelerated recently it might feel less obnoxious

Reactions: Lay Z Boy GM

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
Not sure where this belongs, but how in the world did Pisani put up 14 goals in 24 playoff games when his regular season best was 18 goals in 80 games????

Italian Power:) from his Mama's playoffs' cooking

Reactions: elmeroil

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013

He was a man on a mission and it got him paid at the time too!

Reactions: Zguy370
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad