Pre-Game Talk: Return of the Rat - Stanley Cup Finals '24: Edmonton vs. Florida

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Predict the Final

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

McHelpus

Jan 16, 2021
Lots of emphasis on Florida having experience in the finals.

Is finals experience versus playoff experience that significantly different?
Yup, I think its totally different. But we have guys have been to the finals, it'll help out the group alot.
I predict the first game is going be very chaotic

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
What you don't want to drop $120 for something that looks like it was a feebie at the Jiffy Lube Staff Annual Golf Tournament?

GPWGV6gXsAAWbWh
What did Jiffy Lube do to you to get some much hate?! Lol.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I don't know about you guys but this layoff which is 4 days but feels more like 4 weeks makes the Saturday game feel like a new season. I'm usually in summer mode by now in terms of sports and even though I still follow the finals I just haven't been invested so now that I'm invested it almost feels like opening night in a way.

I don't know, it's just a very different feeling as I was in a much different part of my life the last time the Oilers made the SCF so it's weird, a very good weird mind you. It's almost like I have to reignite the competitive juices, I wonder if the players are going through this too,

Last edited:
Reactions: PuckG

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Must be even more brown nosing going on in your company than places I worked. Perks would be more like free tickets to Drillers games when they existed or Edmonton Energy when they existed or the Eskimos when they existed. Actually there was the rare tickets to Oilers regular season games. But you'd have to be glued to emails for those..
We have a ton of vendors, large and small, schmoozing us with hockey tickets and lunches/dinners. I'm the young buck with the company so I am low on the vendors priority lists lol

Reactions: bellagiobob

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
It makes the mains WAY less cumbersome to read. Half of his posts are trying to bait Oilers fans into a fight while the other half are inside jokes with other posters.
His flirting with the mods is why he hasn’t been banned or flagged for trolling. :laugh:

To be honest though, I enjoy our back and forth banter. It’s very easy to dismantle someone who makes arguments based on their feelings.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Yeah tbh I'm kind of disappointed by the reaction to all of it. We're ruining it for everyone - if we weren't so weird about it there'd be way more boobs being flashed and everyone would be having a better time - the ladies would get their two seconds of rebellion and freedom without having to be a permanent sex object, and we'd all get to see more boobs.

But since we're all weird about it - it'll just be her and she'll have to spend the rest of her life wearing the Scarlett letter of "the Oilers boob girl" and no other girls will flash at the games and none of the ladies get to have fun and we don't get to see any more boobs.

Kind of sucks just all around.
Spend any time on a nude beach or camping spot or Woodstock 99 and you'll rid yourself of ever wanting to see abundance of boobs around. This Oiler gal got em. Most, you want to tell them to stuff it back inside. Sunburned tattaas look like fried spoiled pork, still on the hoof. No wonder that nude commune attendees don't get particularly excited given the cattle that end up wanting to keep it off.

Nude communes= fat and fugly or looking like they've eaten only alfalfa for 20yrs. They'll be no titillation in this post, pun intended.

1717701235790.png

oh what the hell...

Weird comment of the day but your post elicited it. haha

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: iCanada

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
His flirting with the mods is why he hasn’t been banned or flagged for trolling. :laugh:

To be honest though, I enjoy our back and forth banter. It’s very easy to dismantle someone who makes arguments based on their feelings.
I don't mind debating with someone that can acknowledge both sides of an issue, but that poster refuses to acknowledge the possibility of any opinion outside of his own. I have attempted engaging in debate with that poster and his response is a) a repetition of his previous assertion without any acknowledgement of my points; b) a joke or feeble attempt at one; c) or, when all else fails, a laughing emoji.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
What you don't want to drop $120 for something that looks like it was a feebie at the Jiffy Lube Staff Annual Golf Tournament?

GPWGV6gXsAAWbWh

The biggest shock for me is seeing how $15 Fanatics NHL ball caps have gone up to $55+ "after inflation" this season. I paid $40 a few years back for my far superior '47 x Carrhart Oilers cap which might as well be made out of Kevlar and will last decades.

Crazy how much this stuff has gone up.

Reactions: ZJuice

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Spend any time on a nude beach or camping spot or Woodstock 99 and you'll rid yourself of ever wanting to see abundance of boobs around. This Oiler gal got em. Most, you want to tell them to stuff it back inside. Sunburned tattaas look like fried spoiled pork, still on the hoof. No wonder that nude commune attendees don't get particularly excited given the cattle that end up wanting to keep it off.

Nude communes= fat and fugly or looking like they've eaten only alfalfa for 20yrs. They'll be no titillation in this post, pun intended.

View attachment 880086

oh what the hell...

Weird comment of the day but your post elicited it. haha

Well you know what they say.... There is give, take, and please good lord put it away. 😂

I guess I'm just trying to say that maybe there's a reason why currently there's a "male loneliness epidemic" and why in 2006 every other lass on Whyte was participating in "shirts off for horcoff."

... And I don't think it was Horc's dashing looks.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad