Pre-Game Talk: Return of the Rat - Stanley Cup Finals '24: Edmonton vs. Florida

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Predict the Final

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
The biggest shock for me is seeing how $15 Fanatics NHL ball caps have gone up to $55+ "after inflation" this season. I paid $40 a few years back for my far superior '47 x Carrhart Oilers cap which might as well be made out of Kevlar and will last decades.

Crazy how much this stuff has gone up.

Yes but when you consider the quality of these products has gone way down, the price increase makes sense. Wait, what?

Yeah tbh I'm kind of disappointed by the reaction to all of it. We're ruining it for everyone - if we weren't so weird about it there'd be way more boobs being flashed and everyone would be having a better time - the ladies would get their two seconds of rebellion and freedom without having to be a permanent sex object, and we'd all get to see more boobs.

But since we're all weird about it - it'll just be her and she'll have to spend the rest of her life wearing the Scarlett letter of "the Oilers boob girl" and no other girls will flash at the games and none of the ladies get to have fun and we don't get to see any more boobs.

Kind of sucks just all around.
artworks-zSnvSweiJy3Qf6bm-sstlpA-t500x500.jpg

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Not sure if security is doing a great job or not?
But I for one am a bit surprised at the lack of steaks thrown on the ice,

That said, I don't blame you all.

One inch thick top sirloin, S&P heavily, grill at 400 Four minutes, Flip each minute to get teh good grill marks, let sit for 2 minutes. Down the hatch.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Hope this goes the distance. It would suck for everything edm has been doing right to suddenly drop off and they get smoked and ran out of the building in 4 straight. Lol. Out if everything they are doing well, skinner and the team need elite goaltending. I hope he can fight through all the crashing of the net Fla will be doing.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
I don't mind debating with someone that can acknowledge both sides of an issue, but that poster refuses to acknowledge the possibility of any opinion outside of his own. I have attempted engaging in debate with that poster and his response is a) a repetition of his previous assertion without any acknowledgement of my points; b) a joke or feeble attempt at one; c) or, when all else fails, a laughing emoji.
Sounds like flat earther lol

• Haha
Reactions: Duke74 and PuckG

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Hope this goes the distance. It would suck for everything edm has been doing right to suddenly drop off and they get smoked and ran out of the building in 4 straight. Lol. Out if everything they are doing well, skinner and the team need elite goaltending. I hope he can fight through all the crashing of the net Fla will be doing.

I'm far from Skinner's biggest fan on these boards, but I think it's okay to give him the benefit of the doubt since he was good to great all but one game in the Dallas series and sublime in the series clincher. He was also good vs LA, so it could be he's actually improved these playoffs and the Canucks series was an outlier (a series which the entire team was in their own head vs that team since puck drop game 1 of the regular season).

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
I'm far from Skinner's biggest fan on these boards, but I think it's okay to give him the benefit of the doubt since he was good to great all but one game in the Dallas series and sublime in the series clincher. He was also good vs LA, so it could be he's actually improved these playoffs and the Canucks series was an outlier (a series which the entire team was in their own head vs that team since puck drop game 1 of the regular season).
I agree.

In our pursuit of the Cup, I think many of us are quick to forget that this is only Skinner's 2nd season as a full-time starter in the NHL. Traditionally, many goalies would at least gradually increase the number of games played over a few seasons but due to the Campbell signing, he was forced to start long before he should have and with no insulation.

He's certainly prone to errors and it's not always comfortable watching him in net - but he's been a solid goalie for the Oilers. I think he'll get more consistent with time and maturity.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006

And here I am hoping the Oilers win in 4 or 5 games, but you do you.

Last edited:

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
It makes the mains WAY less cumbersome to read. Half of his posts are trying to bait Oilers fans into a fight while the other half are inside jokes with other posters.

Weird. Three on Zero and Artemi Panarin both stopped posting at the same time. Same day. Almost like it's time for one of his pals on the main boards to check the IP. :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
I get the whole quality of competition narrative about the Panthers having an apparent harder path to the Cup Final.

However interesting enough when you add up regular season points of their respective playoff opponents Panther opposition had 321 total regular season points and Oiler opponents had 321 total regular season points.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I get the whole quality of competition narrative about the Panthers having an apparent harder path to the Cup Final.

However interesting enough when you add up regular season points of their respective playoff opponents Panther opposition had 321 total regular season points and Oiler opponents had 321 total regular season points.
Yeah, it's kind of a false narrative based solely on the fact that the Panthers likely have faced better goaltending than Edmonton has, but in terms of the quality of teams and those team's ability to win games it's a coin toss.

Reactions: bellagiobob

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Interesting that Barkov's +/- is even in the playoffs despite scoring at a PPG. He's been a (-) more games than he's been a (+) this playoff.

I know a few players that happen to wear blue uniforms that would likely be getting eviscerated with a similar stat line by basically everyone in the world other than here.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Not sure if security is doing a great job or not?
But I for one am a bit surprised at the lack of steaks thrown on the ice,

That said, I don't blame you all.

One inch thick top sirloin, S&P heavily, grill at 400 Four minutes, Flip each minute to get teh good grill marks, let sit for 2 minutes. Down the hatch.

What do you mean? It was a 5 steak night on Game 6!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad