Pre-Game Talk: Return of the Rat - Stanley Cup Finals '24: Edmonton vs. Florida

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Predict the Final

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Great to be back after a 2 month ban gents!

Wow. After all of the debating I had with Canuck fans all year, we kick them out of the playoffs. That was sweet.

Proud of the team. Went from last place to the finals. 18 long years.
Lol was wondering where HF Oils most adamant Nucks PDO truther went. Thought you’d definitely be back to serve up crow to the most toxic fanbase in hockey. In any case, f*** the nucks and welcome back. Let’s go Oil!

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I will say this, if Rollie didn't get injured, I had all the confidence in the world that we were going to win. The way in which we got to the finals was so freaking impressive. The teams we beat. Pronger and Rollie...with Pisani...it was our year. Then MAB happened...ugh
If Markkenen was the backup in game 1 we still could have won. He played really good for us from games 3 to 7.

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
Lol was wondering where HF Oils most adamant Nucks PDO truther went. Thought you’d definitely be back to serve up crow to the most toxic fanbase in hockey. In any case, f*** the nucks and welcome back. Let’s go Oil!
I had a bunch of family from Vancouver come up here for the last 2 games. That felt nice watching together.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
What you don't want to drop $120 for something that looks like it was a feebie at the Jiffy Lube Staff Annual Golf Tournament?

GPWGV6gXsAAWbWh
I'll buy a hat and Tshirt from the Cup collection if they win as a souvenir.

Reactions: Oilhawks

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
Vancouver still had the highest PDO in the playoffs at 102 lol. Edmonton was sub 100 5 on 5

Reactions: Oilhawks
Jan 13, 2023

Wow. After all of the debating I had with Canuck fans all year, we kick them out of the playoffs. That was sweet.

2 months?? That’s a vacation alright 😂

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Just need the whole week off next week for stress related reasons.
Next two weeks unless we're sweeping or something.

For me for some reason stress evaporated when I started sensing where this is settling.

About 3 signs for me.

McLeod inserted, scores goal.

Broberg inserted scores goal

Oilers get 10shots in a deciding game. Win game, advance to SC final.

Seems like fate and destiny at this point.

Some other things are Stars blowing so many chances while up 2-0 in game 4 including a Hintz breakaway shooting wide. I've seen Dallas implode before so this is the exact moment where the Dallas scoring tap turned off. Happens to them at some point every playoffs.

Haven't been nervous in same way since Vancouver series as much as I hate to admit that.

Stick around awhile. I don't think any Nucks fans still exist not that it matters.

Lmao. Game day I am!!!! If I did that all week I would be fatter than I already am
Save it for days that it counts. I took 3 days off to regroup and be sharp for the final. Now we're practicing posting again and trying to be in game shape in middle of June is hard.

Last edited:

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
A company that does work for us has invited me to game 3, I'm just beaming, would never pay for tickets myself.

Can't wait to hear how loud its going to be.
Nice!
My coworkers all got games in the 2nd and 3rd round. I haven't had one yet, but I don't beg like those guys did. Maybe I should..

Reactions: bellagiobob

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
Nice!
My coworkers all got games in the 2nd and 3rd round. I haven't had one yet, but I don't beg like those guys did. Maybe I should..
No begging here, just organically offered to me, makes a guy feel good.

I don't know where the seats are but someone is spending $1300 minimum to have me there.

Why is her last name still Kane lol
She is so messed up. She probably breaks the Hot/Crazy scale.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Nice!
Must be even more brown nosing going on in your company than places I worked. Perks would be more like free tickets to Drillers games when they existed or Edmonton Energy when they existed or the Eskimos when they existed. Actually there was the rare tickets to Oilers regular season games. But you'd have to be glued to emails for those..

Reactions: ZJuice

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
For us to win I feel like Mcdavid and Drai need to elevate their games even more. Take another step.

Hopefully this time off will benefit them more than anyone else.

Reactions: Duke74

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
You are correct that Draisaitl's line had some problems with the Eichel line but McLeod was not part of that. McLeod played over 17 minutes vs Eichel 5 vs 5 in that series and was only one the ice for 1 GA 5 vs 5. Leon played 28 minutes vs Eichel and was on the ice for 4 GA.

What needs to be noted is that Vegas exploited the Oilers defensive structure, specifically the man to man defense. For what it is worth over the last two regular seasons Leon vs Eichel without McDavid has been solid. GF% is 50% but the possession numbers and scoring chances favoured Leon with a 59% xGF% .
You're right. It wasn't McLeod with him. I think it was Yamamoto and someone else. Maybe Foegele? In any case, my original point was that Draisaitl ideally gets some help from non-bottom six players. If they don't want to give him RNH as a linemate, maybe Henrique?

Reactions: bellagiobob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad