Pre-Game Talk: Return of the Rat - Stanley Cup Finals '24: Edmonton vs. Florida

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Predict the Final

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
You are correct that Draisaitl's line had some problems with the Eichel line but McLeod was not part of that. McLeod played over 17 minutes vs Eichel 5 vs 5 in that series and was only one the ice for 1 GA 5 vs 5. Leon played 28 minutes vs Eichel and was on the ice for 4 GA.

What needs to be noted is that Vegas exploited the Oilers defensive structure, specifically the man to man defense. For what it is worth over the last two regular seasons Leon vs Eichel without McDavid has been solid. GF% is 50% but the possession numbers and scoring chances favoured Leon with a 59% xGF% .

I bet Drai's struggles against the Eichel line had plenty to do with the Ceci-Nurse shitshow.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I bet Drai's struggles against the Eichel line had plenty to do with the Ceci-Nurse shitshow.

Yamamoto was getting decimated on the d zone wall as well. We basically couldn't break out up his wing and Vegas kept pushing the play there.

Reactions: Duke74

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
head-down-sleepy.gif

Hey yeah. Change it to The PantherOil or The OilyPanther or The Large Kitty with Large Teeth Who Loves The Oilers.

nally

When you have something to say, silence is a lie
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2004
London, Ontario
www.Directdial.com
Funny enough, I joined HFBoards right after the Stanley Cup run in 2006, because I wanted to be part of a Hockey Forum where we talk all about Hockey. And now, we are BACK in the Stanley Cup Finals. Difference is, I feel WAY more confident with this team than in 2006.
I will say this, if Rollie didn't get injured, I had all the confidence in the world that we were going to win. The way in which we got to the finals was so freaking impressive. The teams we beat. Pronger and Rollie...with Pisani...it was our year. Then MAB happened...ugh

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Great to be back after a 2 month ban gents!

Wow. After all of the debating I had with Canuck fans all year, we kick them out of the playoffs. That was sweet.

Proud of the team. Went from last place to the finals. 18 long years.

I think my longest was 3 months after going to the Caps forum and dumping on Ovie. I miiiiiight have had one or two adult beverages beforehand which clouded my already piss poor judgement and thus the ban was well deserved.

Welcome back, play nice!

commie

Jul 30, 2005
Arena question for the group here. How are the seats in section 230 row 3?
Thinking about getting tickets in that section for game 3. Its at the ends where Oilers shoot once. And looks like its end of the 'concourse'?
I have tickets for game 4 in section 207, so might not be bad to watch another game at the other side of the arena.

Also, is the Fanfirst site a good and reliable site to purchase resale tickets?

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
What you don't want to drop $120 for something that looks like it was a feebie at the Jiffy Lube Staff Annual Golf Tournament?

Only Stanley Cup Champs merch for me. I’m not happy just to be there.

Thinking about getting tickets in that section for game 3. Its at the ends where Oilers shoot once. And looks like its end of the 'concourse'?
I have tickets for game 4 in section 207, so might not be bad to watch another game at the other side of the arena.

Can’t say how the seats are but I imagine it’s no better or worse than the opposite side where you’re sitting now.

As for Fans First there’s a discussion on them in the Anyone Got A Ticketmaster Presale Code thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bryanbryoil

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..

Here's the view..

missy-20161008184030.jpg

McJC

May 2, 2010
Edmonton

Honestly, there's not a bad seat in the house
And Fansfirst is legit

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
I hope the team is ready to be fined for calling out the biased officiating.

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
I am dreading the refs this series. They don’t get dirtier and muddier than the panthers. They get away with too much crap.
I am very interested in it.

Dallas was said to be the least penalized team and we were getting jobbed for half of the series.

FLA is the most penalized.....I want to see how they try to manage it.

Edmonton has matured though. Against LA last year, we started retaliating, etc. Then after a few games we stopped. Now we will just let guys do stuff after the whistle hoping the refs call something.

Reactions: Oilhawks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad