Pre-Game Talk: Return of the Rat - Stanley Cup Finals '24: Edmonton vs. Florida

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Predict the Final

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
Was listening to the rest of GYB this morning and they accurately pointed out that McLeod kid of went back to normal in Game 6 and not in a good way. His bad play kind of flew under the radar, but he was definitely back to throwing pucks away, dumb passes, soft plays, etc.

Him and Foegele seem to be the only two guys left up front that struggle to not manage the puck stupidly and unfortunately they would probably replace each other if one was scratched.

I think I would play McLeod in Game 1, but would have a very short leash if he starts tossing pucks away or not willing to engage in the game. You can get away with that style of play against the Stars, but not in a harder series.
McLeod went back to sucking is how I would summarize.

He just really struggles under pressure. He absolutely needs to be on a short leash

94 Oil Drops

SKINNER(S!)
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
I'm still processing what happened on Sunday night. Part of my brain still can't believe we're actually in the final! I'm surprised that I don't feel as excited as I thought I would. Maybe it's because I'm relieved that we survived Game 6. It's like the complete realization hasn't fully hit me yet. lol.

Dallas was a tough opponent and we handled them very well. They were a true cup contender and I didn't think we'd get past them. I don't know if that Panthers are really that much better than Dallas. They might not even be as good. I could see this going 6-7 games for either side but I give the edge to the Oilers (in 7) now that I've finished feasting on my crow. :P

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
I got about 2 mins into that Flame podcast before I had to turn it off.

Started laughing when they STILL chose to defend the Huberdeau trade.

Seravalli - "Flames got fleeced in that trade"

Flame idiot - "Actually they didn't get fleeced, they just mishandled the assets."

These morons still can't let it go. You probably can't blame Frank with the level of absolute idiocy that those two fanbases display.
Ryan Pinder- the biggest tool of them all. I live in Calgary, so I heard his utter non-sense a lot. You should keep on listening- Frank calls them pricks later on in the interview.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
If you’re at the point where you need security guards or someone else to go to the store for you, then you’re pretty much at the point where you ask yourself if this is the right place for you and your family. I am so pissed off and infuriated at this, hard to put into words. I really hope this is a fairly isolated situation.

Reflects poorly on hockey fans in Canada, absolutely. There are wierdos in every fanbase, and with team success and some bandwagon elements it gets even worse. Hope as well that it is isolated, though there were the creepy couple that took a photo with him in an airport and the douchebags that chirped him in a parking lot years back when the team was sucking, so it's not the only time his boundaries haven't been respected in public.

I wonder if this happens for basketball, football, and baseball players in some markets in the US?

Reactions: ThePhoenixx

JeffSkinner53

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com
Really cool pic. Calm and collected showed a bit of emotion.
GPPIsgnWIAEfVA6.jpeg

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
Reflects poorly on hockey fans in Canada, absolutely. There are wierdos in every fanbase, and with team success and some bandwagon elements it gets even worse. Hope as well that it is isolated, though there were the creepy couple that took a photo with him in an airport and the douchebags that chirped him in a parking lot years back when the team was sucking, so it's not the only time his boundaries haven't been respected in public.

I wonder if this happens for basketball, football, and baseball players in some markets in the US?

Doubt this has anything to do with hockey fans. I think that one guy was saying 'You are McDavid right?'. What hockey fan in the world wouldn't recognize McDavid?

Reactions: Oilhawks

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Like why is there never a true fking fan around when this happens to put these clowns in there place.

Be better people ....
Honestly… almost better that there wasn’t.

Last thing the situation needed was escalation into potential violence.

Reactions: ThePhoenixx

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
So glad I don't have to be a nervous wreck right now thinking about a Game 7 in Dallas tonight. I know Saturday seems a long time away... but this small break was much needed to reset, sober up, and get ready for the Finals lol.

Reactions: Duke74
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad