Pre-Game Talk: Return of the Rat - Stanley Cup Finals '24: Edmonton vs. Florida

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Predict the Final

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Only the second time in some of our lives (and the first time since I’ve hit adulthood haha).

I know the average age of this forum is like 50 but we haven’t all been so blessed!
I understand Tyler. I’m also a DRW fan and I wish I could have seen the Detroit teams in the 1950s winning Cups. Born just a bit too late for those.

That’s said , enjoy each one of these occasions, they happen seldom and before we all know it, the series will be over.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Should be an excellent final with two close teams. I don't like the Panthers cheap, greasy play but the Oil are a big team and should be fine with it. Think at the heart is a battle of goaltenders and how Skinner does with net front traffic and a team likely far more willing to shoot than Dallas was last series.

Lineup wise, wonder if Draisaitl gets Holloway and Kane back as wingers and if Foegele gets a redemption card on line 3 with 3C Henrique and McLeod. Desharnais or Broberg?

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
I understand Tyler. I’m also a DRW fan and I wish I could have seen the Detroit teams in the 1950s winning Cups. Born just a bit too late for those.

That’s said , enjoy each one of these occasions, they happen seldom and before we all know it, the series will be over.

I barely remember the 90 cup and was too young to enjoy the 80s l. This is almost a once in a lifetime event and I’m gonna soak it all in. As we learned in 06 close is only good in horseshoes and hand grenades let’s finish the job this time because the chances are only so many.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
So glad I don't have to be a nervous wreck right now thinking about a Game 7 in Dallas tonight. I know Saturday seems a long time away... but this small break was much needed to reset, sober up, and get ready for the Finals lol.
And hopefully rest some bruises. Everyone gets banged up in playoffs

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
u win a cup in Canada , u will never have to buy a drink again in that city and do no wrong
u win a cup in Merica, will they even know you won a Cup?
Something something “if a tree falls in the forest”

Maybe in a select few US markets. Boston and NY. Maybe

Side note- Frick ya!!! Good chance I’m going to game four and making the drive up from Calgary!!!

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Any updates on Kane?

Edit - sounds like they’re expecting him to be ready for game 1
1717530740600.png

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
Should be an excellent final with two close teams. I don't like the Panthers cheap, greasy play but the Oil are a big team and should be fine with it. Think at the heart is a battle of goaltenders and how Skinner does with net front traffic and a team likely far more willing to shoot than Dallas was last series.

Lineup wise, wonder if Draisaitl gets Holloway and Kane back as wingers and if Foegele gets a redemption card on line 3 with 3C Henrique and McLeod. Desharnais or Broberg?
I would consider bumping McLeod out of the lineup for Foegele.

Reactions: Duke74

alanschu

Aug 12, 2005
Edmonton, Alberta
I wonder if this happens for basketball, football, and baseball players in some markets in the US?
As the resident "90s basketball fan" who makes analogies to that era, Michael Jordan was 100% the case.

Got to a point where he couldn't even go out in public. One time was trapped inside of a store in a mall and they snuck him out through secret hallways behind every the stores.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
I just don't see them scratching McLeod. Think his defensive game, centre-wing versatility, and support PK work keeps him in. Personally think it might be a rotation of Perry and Foegele, if they want the latter to bring speed and forecheck. But need strong pilot lights and compete from McLeod and Foegele or will be watching.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
I just don't see them scratching McLeod. Think his defensive game, centre-wing versatility, and support PK work keeps him in. Personally think it might be a rotation of Perry and Foegele, if they want the latter to bring speed and forecheck. But need strong pilot lights and compete from McLeod and Foegele or will be watching.
I agree, his Center versatility and PK ability are important.

Reactions: Arty Spooners Bsmnt

commie

Jul 30, 2005
Thats what Im thinking as well. Halifax to Miami direct
I was at a game in Sunrise in Feb 2017. Got my tickets 1 hr before game time, 4 rows of ice for 35$ American. 1/2 Empty .
I got my tickets for game 1 already and looking for game 2. Flying from Toronto to MIA with AC wasn’t bad. $700 RT and I was able to use eUpgrade credits to upgrade to biz, although it’s a Rouge flight so nothing special.
game 1 tickets, I found on stubhub for 500 usd for upper bowl, 4th row.
I might splurge for game 2 and go lower bowl.
Another family I know is doing the same, so hopefully there will be lots of Oilers in the crowd.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
I got my tickets for game 1 already and looking for game 2. Flying from Toronto to MIA with AC wasn’t bad. $700 RT and I was able to use eUpgrade credits to upgrade to biz, although it’s a Rouge flight so nothing special.
game 1 tickets, I found on stubhub for 500 usd for upper bowl, 4th row.
I might splurge for game 2 and go lower bowl.
Another family I know is doing the same, so hopefully there will be lots of Oilers in the crowd.
Cheer hard so jealous lol

Danielle Smith is sexoooooooooooooo
🤢

giphy.gif

you ever heard of a blue waffle?
Don’t google it!

OfCorsiDid

Time is a flat circle.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON

Having a centre in is more valuable than a winger. I think you look at the Panthers bottom 6 (Luostarinen-Lundell-Tarasenko, Lorentz-Stenlund-Okposo) average height is 6'2" and weight is 208. They're a big unit. I think personally, the odd one out for size reasons alone is probably Derek Ryan.

So I'd run the same lineup as last game with Carrick or Gagner in for Ryan. I'd prefer to have the ability to elevate Kane/Holloway without potentially losing a C if we choose to do so.

Reactions: WaitingForUser
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad