Pre-Game Talk: Return of the Rat - Stanley Cup Finals '24: Edmonton vs. Florida

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Predict the Final

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Wonder what Gary Boobman has in mind to promote this series.

Sanchez

Jan 18, 2006
https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/greg-cote/article288962840.html

Screenshot 2024-06-04 153643.png

Dumbass reporter! If I'm McDavid, this gets posted in his locker stall!

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton

As if Connor needed any more motivation reminds me of Dallas DJ playing Labamba after game 2. Connor and Leon will be flying come Saturday especially with things like this being said.

I think we need to bring Kassian back into Rogers for games 3 and 4 and give him a seat right behind FLA bench..
Do it :nod:

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
I think we need to bring Kassian back into Rogers for games 3 and 4 and give him a seat right behind FLA bench..
When I hear this, the Happy Gilmore scene where the guy in crowd with the nail in his head comes to mind.

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
Not to mention, Gretzky wasn't there for the 90 cup so greeeaaaat piece of writing there. Maybe he might want to see how many cups Ovechkin and some other generational players won in their first 10 years too. It takes a lot more than one great player to win a cup, what a douche whoever wrote that 🙄

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
I got my tickets for game 1 already and looking for game 2. Flying from Toronto to MIA with AC wasn’t bad. $700 RT and I was able to use eUpgrade credits to upgrade to biz, although it’s a Rouge flight so nothing special.
game 1 tickets, I found on stubhub for 500 usd for upper bowl, 4th row.
I might splurge for game 2 and go lower bowl.
Another family I know is doing the same, so hopefully there will be lots of Oilers in the crowd.
Wow, 500USD for upper bowl, so its not much cheaper to go to Florida than Edmonton

Have fun and enjoy, kill some rats while you're at it too.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Just saw that they quadrupled the watch party ticket prices.

Could Katz stop f***ing us for five minutes?

All the after cost proceeds go to the charity. I think it’s a great way to raise funds for those less fortunate and for needy causes. It’s $20 which is pretty reasonable for the Final IMO?

Last edited:

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
Because he died during the Covid shutdown and never got a chance to play in the playoffs
No disrespect to Colby, but he was a minor leaguer for most of his short career. There are rules by the NHL for the Stanley Cup and they should be honored. Maybe you could petition that the Oilers give his kids a ring or something. I'm sure Ben's family will get something as well.

Reactions: JordanGalhanth

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
I can’t see the NHL allowing a name to be engraved that never wore an Oilers sweater this season.
They did it for the Boston player in 2011 that had his career ended by a dirty hit. Can’t for the life of me remember his name just know he was clocked by cook and never played again. Either way I was just explaining why they might request it. I know Emily keeps close contact with the team for sure.

No disrespect to Colby, but he was a minor leaguer for most of his short career. There are rules by the NHL for the Stanley Cup and they should be honored. Maybe you could petition that the Oilers give his kids a ring or something. I'm sure Ben's family will get something as well.
See my response above

Pass the Saitl Sauce

Apr 30, 2015
Listening to the cam and strick podcast it’s CLEAR to me Andy Strickland hasn’t watched a single oilers playoff game. When cam asked Andy Draisaitl or tkachuk? Andy goes on to say Draisaitl is a 100 foot player and tkachuk plays 200 feet.

Also they’re saying Edmonton has no depth still

I enjoy listening to cam Janssen but Andy makes me shake my head. I think this bias goes for most of the hockey media still, they’re underrating us still.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Listening to the cam and strick podcast it’s CLEAR to me Andy Strickland hasn’t watched a single oilers playoff game. When cam asked Andy Draisaitl or tkachuk? Andy goes on to say Draisaitl is a 100 foot player and tkachuk plays 200 feet.

I enjoy listening to cam Janssen but Andy makes me shake my head. I think this bias goes for most of the hockey media still, they’re underrating us still.
It's like they're reading a script from 4 years ago.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Tell me you don’t watch Oilers hockey without telling me you don’t watch Oilers hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad