Pre-Game Talk: Return of the Rat - Stanley Cup Finals '24: Edmonton vs. Florida

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Predict the Final

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I’m guessing, much like when we played Anaheim years ago, it’ll probably be cheaper to fly to Florida and go to the game.

He’s great. He’s knowledgeable, and while he clearly loves the Oilers, he’s able to be neutral about things unlike guys like Hrudey. Him and Bieksa should be the go to tandem
I was looking at going to games 1 and 2. The cheapest for tickets for 2 to both games with flights and hotel is around 4K not counting car rental and expenses. I'm guessing for 2 tickets to games 3 and 4 you'll be looking at around 4k as well.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Am I the only one who thinks that the true MVP of this team isn’t 97, 29, nor 74, nor any other skater, but actually Kris Knoblauch? I actually think the guy is a coaching superstar but not many are picking up on just how good of a job he’s doing.
I still think it’s McDavid putting up Gretz numbers but I see what you are saying. I don’t think Woody gets us through Tocchet and the Canucks.

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
I still think it’s McDavid putting up Gretz numbers but I see what you are saying. I don’t think Woody gets us through Tocchet and the Canucks.
EDIT: I'm a dumb-dumb. Let me salvage this...

With all due respect to Woody, he might not even get us through LA either TBH. Game 4 is probably a loss with a 2-2 series tie going back to Edmonton.

Last edited:
Reactions: TopShelfGloveSide

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Mcleaod seems to panic in big moment games. Hopefully he gets better during these moments as he matures.

There were a couple of times he did the opposite of panic that didn't work either.

There were two times I remember where he tried to make a cute play on a zone clear that just wasn't there resulting in turnovers. One of them was on the PK.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Lol fill his Twitter with hate and then claim victim when he claps back.
lol kind of amusing seeing these Media people like Gazdic and Frank get into it with other fanbases and other local media. I'm not surprised about Gazdic since he was a former Oiler... but I'm a bit surprised to see how much Frank gets into it with people from Van and Calgary lol. Frank is an American from Philly but I always get the impression he likes Edmonton and the Oilers.

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
There were a couple of times he did the opposite of panic that didn't work either.

There were two times I remember where he tried to make a cute play on a zone clear that just wasn't there resulting in turnovers. One of them was on the PK.
And one of them was definitely in Game 7 against Vancouver.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
And one of them was definitely in Game 7 against Vancouver.

I'm just taking Game 6 against the Stars alone - but yes that one too. He likes that play - soft chip about 6-8 feet off the wall at the D zone blue line despite it being possibly the most dangerous play you can make.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I’m guessing, much like when we played Anaheim years ago, it’ll probably be cheaper to fly to Florida and go to the game.

He’s great. He’s knowledgeable, and while he clearly loves the Oilers, he’s able to be neutral about things unlike guys like Hrudey. Him and Bieksa should be the go to tandem
100%
Dont like Hrudey
I do like Gadz and Bieska

Reactions: gretzkyoilers

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
I was looking at going to games 1 and 2. The cheapest for tickets for 2 to both games with flights and hotel is around 4K not counting car rental and expenses. I'm guessing for 2 tickets to games 3 and 4 you'll be looking at around 4k as well.
I looked into it from Ontario, stubhub cheapest Canadian dollars $1300 for 2 tickets plus flights hotel food.... PASS....couch it is

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
lol kind of amusing seeing these Media people like Gazdic and Frank get into it with other fanbases and other local media. I'm not surprised about Gazdic since he was a former Oiler... but I'm a bit surprised to see how much Frank gets into it with people from Van and Calgary lol. Frank is an American from Philly but I always get the impression he likes Edmonton and the Oilers.

I got about 2 mins into that Flame podcast before I had to turn it off.

Started laughing when they STILL chose to defend the Huberdeau trade.

Seravalli - "Flames got fleeced in that trade"

Flame idiot - "Actually they didn't get fleeced, they just mishandled the assets."

These morons still can't let it go. You probably can't blame Frank with the level of absolute idiocy that those two fanbases display.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
This will be the Oiler organization’s 8th trip to Finals in their history.

Truly blessed as fans.

1717525820357.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad