OT: Relationship Advice Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
So my girlfriend and I recently-ish broke up after about 2.5 years together, and having moved in together last April. I had posted a few months back about my goings-on and was too depressed to even read through the responses. I appreciate the effort and time people did take to respond, I'll probably actually read through those one day when I'm in a little better space.

But anyway. A lot of our problems stemmed (consciously and subconsciously) from me not wanting/being indecisive about kids. The holidays were a little lonely. Separate Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years since we had essentially broke up at the beginning of December. Glad I had my family and some friends around to vent and provide some much needed company.

It's been a relatively quick turnaround for me thankfully. Definitely not what I expected since I'm usually doom and gloom. I've accepted things ending because I wasn't being truthful with myself 1) about how I really feel/felt about having children, and 2) knowing that, what it meant I probably should have done sooner regarding the relationship. I was holding on to hope that if I kept improving on the things she said were bothering her and we just stuck together and went through with having kids, that I wouldn't have a choice but to go forward and handle things. And I think things would have been fine all said and done, but again not truthful to myself and my own feelings.

While being back on dating apps has been slightly depressing, it has been surprisingly rejuvenating looking through a potential dating pool where one of the biggest deal-breakers is more or less decided on before even speaking.
Just coming from another perspective and experience....having and raising children favorite part of my life..I am 63

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Only if you have a chain to attach it to your JNCO jeans.

Works every time, trust me bro.
colt45WEB_450_361_int.jpg

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
We weren’t invited??

Congratulations man!

Thank you. It was just the civil wedding, still a formal wedding coming. Space is availble for enough money. :laugh:

Oh come on we all know that this is 100% a fetish of his.

She can wear a Lundqvist jersey and it'll fulfill my fantasy of making love to that beautiful man.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
So I’ve been texting this girl for a few months. We hung out a few times but we text pretty much every day. She’s a photographer, so she’s obviously broke. She also has some medical issues; nothing life-threatening but just some quality of life issues with her knees and a couple other things.

The thing is that she always pushes off hanging out. Like wtf, just put me out of my misery already. I said “if money is an issue, I’d happily pay.” And then she got back to me saying how she got bad news from her knee surgeon and needs space.

When she’s done with her space, what’s the best way to phrase how it’s like I’m listening and talking to her about all her issues as if we’re going out, but she never wants to hang out? I think I got the hint that she’s not interested, but I kind of want to word it in a way where I don’t really want to be friends. Or if we are friends, I don’t want to talk to her every day.

@SnowblindNYR you’re the expert

• Wow
Reactions: will1066

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
So I’ve been texting this girl for a few months. We hung out a few times but we text pretty much every day. She’s a photographer, so she’s obviously broke. She also has some medical issues; nothing life-threatening but just some quality of life issues with her knees and a couple other things.

The thing is that she always pushes off hanging out. Like wtf, just put me out of my misery already. I said “if money is an issue, I’d happily pay.” And then she got back to me saying how she got bad news from her knee surgeon and needs space.

When she’s done with her space, what’s the best way to phrase how it’s like I’m listening and talking to her about all her issues as if we’re going out, but she never wants to hang out? I think I got the hint that she’s not interested, but I kind of want to word it in a way where I don’t really want to be friends. Or if we are friends, I don’t want to talk to her every day.

@SnowblindNYR you’re the expert

I know the heart wants what it wants and you like this girl so far and thus want a way to make it work, but as I’ve gotten older the truth is I’ve realized more than anything how often and how many red flags we ignore because our feelings override our brain. If she “needs space” because she got bad news from her knee surgeon - and that bad news isn’t you have knee cancer or were amputating your leg - unfortunately the truth is she’s just one of those people where things will never be easy. So you either have to know that going in and be prepared for mood swings and drama and shit, or you just are too old to have time for it and it will tire you out quickly.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad