OT: Relationship Advice Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RosensRug

Oct 1, 2020
damn pass em my way i'd love to pump a baby into some chick rn doesn't really matter who

maxresdefault.jpeg

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Update on my trip. I won't overshare, but you guys were dead wrong is all I'm going to say.

I think I should share more because I've been on this thread complaining about my life love for years. I ended up going to the DR and now we're dating. We're both pretty smitten with each other. It was one of the best decisions of my life.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
I think I should share more because I've been on this thread complaining about my life love for years. I ended up going to the DR and now we're dating. We're both pretty smitten with each other. It was one of the best decisions of my life.
I don't believe I posted saying what you should do regarding that decision if you should go to the DR to see her or not, but I likely would have said to follow your heart and what you believe you feel and what to do. Glad to see that it appeared your decision to go see her in DR worked out!

• Love
Reactions: SnowblindNYR

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Great to hear you found someone...but be careful,long distance relationships can be a major pain in the ass.Either way,i hope it works out for you.

• Love

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Congrats buddy. Glad you finally ended the drought! I'm personally a big fan of long distance relationships that are casual. It works well when both people are secure in their own lives & jealousy isn't an issue. Not everyone can handle it, however.

I still think the work thing is a bad idea, but oh well. At this point you've crossed the Rubicon, so the hell with it, ride the wave as long as you can.

• Love

hackeyman

Jun 26, 2018
This off season Kakko & Snowblind are both asserting their manhood...Coincidence?

Wonder how this bodes for the upcoming season. Will Kakko start to take over games? Will Snowblind mellow out & take it easy on the goalies? @will1066 GDTs may never be the same.
I guess it would be too much to ask that he go easy on the coach and GM.

Reactions: Vaheh

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY

I'm glad it worked out for you bro and something I'm going to take ownership of and be fair and say I WAS WRONG.

Now, there's the honeymoon phase. Just enjoy the peaks and valleys and the long distance thing and remember you have a life outside of it. Stay hungry and focused and chasing your dreams.

• Love

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I'm glad it worked out for you bro and something I'm going to take ownership of and be fair and say I WAS WRONG.

Now, there's the honeymoon phase. Just enjoy the peaks and valleys and the long distance thing and remember you have a life outside of it. Stay hungry and focused and chasing your dreams.

Thank you! I understand why people are worried about possibly going to see a coworker in a romantic setting because sometimes that ends up hurting your career. The cost benefit analysis for me favored taking the risk though. I have a WAY better chance of finding another job than a girlfriend I connect with. It was worth the risk. I really like her and she seems to really like me and it looks like we're both interested in something serious.

Reactions: LokiDog

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
I was going through this thread and it rings true. I won't go into all of the details because some of them are personal but I ended up confessing to my girlfriend on the trip (fields weird to say) that I'm inexperienced at dating. It was a big thing for me because I've always been self conscious about it. And she told me she liked me even more now for being honest. That said I have been told not to play all of my cards right away and I'm trying to reel it in a bit.
Anyone know a librarian? There's an open book that needs to be checked back.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Anyone know a librarian? There's an open book that needs to be checked back.

Point taken, I wasn't trying to overshare. Was just agreeing with the post and thought I'd corroborate it. I'll delete the post if you can delete your own. I'll stop posting here, I don't want to go into too many personal details.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad