Reimer to Request Trade in Summer?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
This fan base has absolutely no patience.

Half of you wanted Kadri gone at some point.
i remember that

everyone wanted to trade this Kadri guy who hasnt done much but a highly regarded prospect

u cant blame the foolish
its natural for people to have no patience
i never gave up on Kadri, same for Reims

stand by your Leafs

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
He has yet to play one full good season, but thinks he's a legit starter.

Whatever, his trade value is shot at this point with both his 'request' and his play, but at least this drama will be over.

He should emulate his role model a little more and practice some humility.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Let's not forget that our current starter pulled the same stunt in Los Angelas.

He is good enough to be a 1B starter, he's not going to get the chance here where Bernier who is clearly the better goalie is ahead of him. Then throw the obvious head clashing going on between him and Randy, I cannot say I blame Reimer for asking for a trade.

Yeah but, Bernier is actually good.. :naughty:

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Did you just put Reimer in the same sentence with Belfour?

I'll try to pretend I didn't see that

Yeah no ****, I think a lot of fans were desperate for good goaltending and they latched onto anything that "looked" like it.

HamiltonNHL

Resigning Marner == Running it back
Jan 4, 2012
If Reimer stays, and Bernier is healthy ... Bernier will play 75 games (Brodeur numbers) and Reimer will play 8.

The Tryouts for Goalie of the Leafs are over.
And Bernier got the job.

dsf

Dec 7, 2009
Brampton
See ya later James.

To quote his namesake Optimus Prime: "At the end of this day, one shall stand, one shall fall!"

frankthetank91

Jul 30, 2011
Reimer will not play good because he wants to be a starter and can't swallow that he lost the opportunity here.

He can be a starter on a rebuilding team and play better. He will not regain his form here his confidence is shattered. No hard feelings he needs a change of scenery, it happens.

Bring in a solid goalie who is ok being a back up and knows his role.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
James has chafed under the scrutiny that comes with being a Leaf kicker. He needs to move on if he hopes to re establish himself. This team is nowhere good enough to have an average goaltender playing for them. They need top shelf goaltending to win every night. It is a thin, overpaid and fairly poorly constructed roster with a coach that happens to be an *******. He just rubs most people the wrong way and that can work for a while but it has an end date - there is a shelf life to people like Randy.

frankthetank91

Jul 30, 2011
I wish we kept Giguere. Don't know why we booted him out of town so fast. He'd be the PERFECT back up for Bernier.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
I wish we kept Giguere. Don't know why we booted him out of town so fast. He'd be the PERFECT back up for Bernier.

Giguere will most likely be retiring after this season, if not then MAYBE one more season, he's heavily in decline now and has very little mobility.

Tim thomas was a better option imo, guy is perfect as a backup role but doubtful he'd join us.

happyaccident

May 14, 2013
The guy had an amazing rookie season, was the pivotal player to bring them to game 7 last spring and played like an all-star for a good chunk of this season. He just turned 26, what a laugh people writing off his entire career because he goes into a temporary slump and a confidence crisis playing in front of one of the worst defensive teams, probably of the decade, probably in any sport, and playing for an idiot coach who would probably sell his own grandkids if they failed a math test.
Hey Bernier, you getting a taste of what the future holds playing here?
All of this Reimer hate dribble should get archived and go into the same category as all the Clarkhole savior hype that so many of the experts got caught up in.
clarkson buyout.jpg
Prophetic.

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
Most likely destinations for James Reimer are NY Islanders, Calgary, Winnipeg or Carolina (if they trade Cam Ward).

I see him ending up in New York as an Islander.

Ideal return would be a couple 2nd round picks but it'll likely be close to a 2nd and 3rd.

As of right now, it'd probably be pick #53 and one of #64 or #77.

Last edited:

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Total speculation.

The tryouts are over and Bernier may not be able to handle the full load.He still hasn't proven himself a number one goalie and still may fold in the playoffs. We still have no number 2 goalie and if Bernier is injury prone when over worked, we still have a problem. We still don't play defense well enough and when it gets tough our offense (Lupul etc.) cant carry us.

Reimer can request a trade, doesn't mean we sell him at a song,why? Let's say we get a 2nd rounder, solves nothing for us. This is just more drama like the Kadri trade, or the Luongo trade.

Total speculation. He is an RFA.The truth we aren't winning because of more than one player, where are our stars now?

Dugath

Jan 9, 2014
Disclaimer: When I say Leaf fans I do not mean all of them..

Leafs fans are really hard of players, it does not take much for them to turn on a player.

Last year it was Reimer is the best!
Now Reimer is a bum.

This year Bernier is he Best!
What happens next year if for some reason he has a off year?
I can tell you what will happen, Bernier sucks!! Trade him!

There is no middle ground usually.
Even Lupul people want him gone, for the life of me I have no idea why.

I am not defending Reimer, but this team has played like garbage and has gotten by just people of the goal production, other wise this team would be saying hello to a lottery pick.

Players are not perfect and the grass is always greener in someone else's lawn.

HamiltonNHL

Resigning Marner == Running it back
Jan 4, 2012
Reimer gets a bad rap
I agree that Reimer gets a bad rap.
Moreso than he deserves.

But at the end of the day he's
(1) an awkward-style goalie
(2) 2nd best goalie on the Leafs
(3) not making the best of his starts
(4) the book is out on him .... get pucks on net and score on the rebound.
(5) disliked by his coach
(6) not in the Leafs plans (they acquired Bernier)

Hounsy

Dec 28, 2003
A wonderful location
Visit site
He should want a trade and don't see why people would have a problem with that as career wise he likely can not move forward behind Bernier in Toronto. Playing somewhere else would be a good career choice for Reimer and no need for it to be personal thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad