Reimer to Request Trade in Summer?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Anth93

Jul 2, 2012
Who cares? He's not being treated well, he's not playing well, he's not going to be a backup.

You expect him to stay? Not a chance, trade him for a 3rd rounder and call it a day.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
Lol

I wouldn't be able to hold in the laughter enough if Reimer came to Nonis demanding a trade.

He plays on the same team as Bernier. has significantly worse stats while facing fewer shots per game.

But yeah feel free to come in strong demanding a trade.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Lol

I wouldn't be able to hold in the laughter enough if Reimer came to Nonis demanding a trade.

He plays on the same team as Bernier. has significantly worse stats while facing fewer shots per game.

But yeah feel free to come in strong demanding a trade.

You are correct....it will not be high on Nonis to do list.....he is a RFA and has no control....maybe a team will sign him to an offer sheet....not going to happen. He will be traded on our time line and not his.

HamiltonNHL

Resigning Marner == Running it back
Jan 4, 2012
....definitely seems like something he'd ask for when the season ended not right now. *shrugs*
Agreed.

David Shoalts ✔ @dshoalts
Well, Randy Carlyle has really done it now. @DarrenDreger says James Reimer will "respectfully request a trade" this summer.
9:01 PM - 19 Mar 2014
Obviously Carlyle wants Reimer gone.

Whoever leaked Reimer's future plans Re: requesting a trade is just going to make the rest of the season even more painful. This is could get even uglier.

Trade Reimer to Winnipeg ? (his home town ?)

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on...-will-respectfully-ask-for-trade-after-season

I also think Reimer is playing cards he doesn't really have.

Carlyle and Reimer should refrain from discussing anything about each other. STAT !

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Agreed.

Obviously Carlyle wants Reimer gone.

Whoever leaked Reimer's future plans Re: requesting a trade is just going to make the rest of the season even more painful. This is could get even uglier.

Trade Reimer to Winnipeg ? (his home town ?)

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on...-will-respectfully-ask-for-trade-after-season

I also think Reimer is playing cards he doesn't really have.

Carlyle and Reimer should refrain from discussing anything about each other. STAT !

How do you know?

Nothing was "leaked". Dreger was speculating.

There's been nothing to prove otherwise. You guys get sucked into this stuff way too easily.

HamiltonNHL

Jan 4, 2012
How do you know?
welll
Nothing was "leaked". Dreger was speculating.
Ouch.

Well ... someone needs an ass whooping then. Either Dreger or Shoalts.

@DarrenDreger says James Reimer will "respectfully request a trade" this summer.
Misleading.
@DarrenDreger thinks James Reimer will "respectfully request a trade" this summer.
Fair.

It's Shoalts that needs the ass whooping.

Very misleading.

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
He shouldn't need to request a trade. Nonis should trade him as soon as possible. He's capable of playing at a high level but you can't count on him when you need him the most.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Realistically ... what team could he be a starter for ?
Winnipeg ?

Over Pavalec? I'm not a fan of Pavs, but that's debatable at best.

Calgary is the really only place I can see where he goes in as the starter. Everywhere else he would have to win a goalie battle with likely a better goalie, which he failed in doing against Bernier.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
The writing was on the wall the moment Nonis dealt for Bernier. Bernier is his guy, Reimer isn't. It's only a matter before Reimer is moved. Deal him and grab a vet backup who knows his role so there's no debate moving forward. Elliot,Vokoun(if healthy),Emery etc there's always tons of options on the open market.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
Realistically ... what team could he be a starter for ?
Winnipeg ?

Winnipeg, Pheonix(mike smith is nothing special), Edmonton, Washington if Halak leaves, Buffalo, Florida(although doubtful with luongo but he's aging), Pittsburgh for extra help, Philly if they dont like Mason.

lots of options, not every team has a top-end #1 G

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON

Calgary is the really only place I can see where he goes in as the starter. Everywhere else he would have to win a goalie battle with likely a better goalie, which he failed in doing against Bernier.
How is that debatable? I don't know why Pavelec gets so much rope. He SUCKS. Reimer is so much better and has put up better numbers than Pavelec ever has.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
James Reimer is a good guy. Obviously anyone can see that. And he's a pretty good goalie.

I just, how can I put this...don't care about his feelings. All I care about is the Leafs winning and ultimately winning the cup.

Reimer is a goalie for the Toronto Maple Leafs. Makes millions and his girlfiend is a model so it's getting increasingly difficult to feel bad for this guy.

Somebody will trade for him. He has value.

Bernier is better in every way and deserves to be the starter.

We need a quality veteran to back up Bernier that knows his place. I'm sick of the two young starters thing it just creates conflict.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012

Calgary is one

who would he be battling with in Buffalo?
What if Halak leaves Washington as well?
Florida might want to ease him in while Luongo gets older(guy is 35 in 2 weeks)
Philly only has mason, I'd take Reimer over Mason but it'd be toronto 2.0
Dallas?

Calgary makes the most sense though for sure, no real starter, just a bunch of prospects.

HamiltonNHL

Jan 4, 2012
Winnipeg,
Maybe.
Phoenix(mike smith is nothing special),
Maybe
Edmonton,
Good chance
Washington if Halak leaves,
Dunno
Possibly.
Florida(although doubtful with luongo but he's aging),
Doubtful.
Pittsburgh for extra help,
Not the starter.
Philly if they dont like Mason.
Unlikely
Probably.

I guess there are options.

but David Shoalts still sucks.

marquee

Apr 7, 2011
Calgary is one

who would he be battling with in Buffalo?
What if Halak leaves Washington as well?
Florida might want to ease him in while Luongo gets older(guy is 35 in 2 weeks)
Philly only has mason, I'd take Reimer over Mason but it'd be toronto 2.0
Dallas?

Calgary makes the most sense though for sure, no real starter, just a bunch of prospects.

dallas?

:laugh:

Lets take kari out the picture. in a year or two reimer would have campbell over his head. Calgary has rammo locked for another year and hes played well dont see them needing an immediate upgrade. Philly just resigned mason why would they spend more money.

Theres a dude named Neuvirth in buffalo im sure yall havent heard of. Realistically i can only see winnipeg and calgary calling for this guys services.

The people naming Phx are just clowns look at how long smith is locked up for. Zaktoff has performed admirably in pittsburgh and fleury is a workhorse.

marquee

Apr 7, 2011
The attitude in here is crazy. Dude has a bad half season (he was great until December) and all of a sudden the fan base is ready to run him out of town for a bag of pucks.

half a season? December is 2 months into the season and he was splitting starts. He's started 27 games so far however..only 4 short of the games started last season.

marquee

Apr 7, 2011
are you serious? Reimer has already proven himself time and time again, also his career stats back everything up, no need to even debate this

back what up exactly? All hes proven is that hes an nhl goaltender. Going into this year he still has to prove he can be relied upon as a number one goaltender. So far hes had the work load of a 1b/backup and has been inconsistent for his entire career. He has not proved a thing.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
back what up exactly? All hes proven is that hes an nhl goaltender. Going into this year he still has to prove he can be relied upon as a number one goaltender. So far hes had the work load of a 1b/backup and has been inconsistent for his entire career. He has not proved a thing.

last season, Reimer's stats were very similar to Price's that is a FACT, this year maybe not, but it's true he has proven he can be one of the better goalies in the NHL.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
For half a season

At the half way point of this marathon I ran, I was 1st! So I stopped and went to get my trophy. Jealous ******** wouldn't give it to me

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
dallas?

:laugh:

Lets take kari out the picture. in a year or two reimer would have campbell over his head. Calgary has rammo locked for another year and hes played well dont see them needing an immediate upgrade. Philly just resigned mason why would they spend more money.

Theres a dude named Neuvirth in buffalo im sure yall havent heard of. Realistically i can only see winnipeg and calgary calling for this guys services.

The people naming Phx are just clowns look at how long smith is locked up for. Zaktoff has performed admirably in pittsburgh and fleury is a workhorse.

How the heck is neuvirth a better goalie than Reimer? He's done nothing.

Philly does silly things, and may not like Mason at all(he's been really shakey).

Calgary and Edmonton are very possible, and the price would be cheap anyway(2nd-3rd pick)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad