Reimer to Request Trade in Summer?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Beleafer19

Apr 25, 2013
Who cares? Reimer thinks he can play better some where else then let him go. His rebound control is horrid. It's ok to give out rebounds and Bernier give's out a few of his own but notice he doesn't direct them right in the slot ala Felix Potvin where its directed to the corner. I mean he's been a goaltender all his life and he doesn't know how to use a catching glove. He's a great person just not a number 1 goaltender. He should accept it and embrace being a number 2, and being paid a couple of million to sit on the bench. Everyone here would do it.

AINEC*

AINEC
Jul 4, 2011
If I were Reimer I'd request a trade immediately. Get as far away from Randy Carlyle and this defense as possible.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
He's the reason the team scrambles around the net any time the puck is thrown at him. If you don't realize his unrefined play puts the leafs out of position while scrambling constantly, I don't know what else to tell ya.

All the reimer supporters keep complaining the d hangs him out to dry. Not defending or **** d but he assists with that.

Hope he stays in the division.

marquee

Apr 7, 2011
He's the reason the team scrambles around the net any time the puck is thrown at him. If you don't realize his unrefined play puts the leafs out of position while scrambling constantly, I don't know what else to tell ya.

All the reimer supporters keep complaining the d hangs him out to dry. Not defending or **** d but he assists with that.

D did a great job of collapsing in front of him last year. They get no credit for that.

Dude started 35 games? And many her act like he carried a starters load and willed a team into post season. The team put up a lot of goals last year. He was just as inconsistent last year

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka

Reimers scrambling in net sure caused those break aways and two on ones against

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Most 2on1s involve one of those 2 guys getting the goal. Not settng up the goalie :p

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
More nonis wizardry. So moving reims at the deadline would have just been a back breaker if bernier got hurt.....

Oh wait.

This bum should have been sent packing far and before the deadline when there were a couple teams scrambling for a goalie. Well see nothing for him, he vocally wants out and hes awful. That's some good leverage for negotiations. We might get a new zamboni

Good riddance

what negative attitude:pb: he's had a few bad games, but he's way better than most backups in the NHL.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
I've always been anti reim times. Not a negative attitude. Just my assesment of a player. It's just frustrating to watch this go down. It was so obvious this would be the outcome. Nonis isn't doing well with asset management

WhalerBlue

Feb 27, 2013
Detroit
Reimer has been treated like crap by Carlyle for sometime. I attribute some of his bad play to confidence issues. I attribute some of those to Carlyle. Reimer leaving is best for both himself and the Leafs. Best case scenario would be for Nonis to find a new coach before this one alienates the whole roster, loses their confidence and everyone wants out.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I've always been anti reim times. Not a negative attitude. Just my assesment of a player. It's just frustrating to watch this go down. It was so obvious this would be the outcome. Nonis isn't doing well with asset management

Nonis traded a 2nd round pick and scraps for Bernier. Thats fantastic asset management. What else could he have done better regarding our goaltending?

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
Could really care less if he stays or goes. He definitely isn't the only guy I'd trade either. There's so many places for upgrades on this team as it is that while I don't have a problem saying Bernier is a better goaltender, it also isn't all on Reimer the last couple games. Phaneuf, Lupul, and Kadri have played like we're already eliminated. I honestly have no faith any of those 4 can lead us anywhere regardless, but it'd be nice if they at least give 100% until we are actually out

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Oh bernier is this teams saving grace imo. Thumbs up for that.

But knowing reimer was not your guy, he should have been moved. Sitting on him has obviously proved the wrong play. He vocally wants out and his numbers are garbage. We won't see much for him.

Clarkson needs no explaining.

Phaneuf signing was a bad play. You know I'm not a fan

Those are 3 big mess ups that will cost this team for years

leafs in five

Feb 4, 2007
engelland

definitely sounds like you have a lot of wisdom to share

I Am The Stig

SPACESHIP!!
Oct 19, 2011
Oh bernier is this teams saving grace imo. Thumbs up for that.

But knowing reimer was not your guy, he should have been moved. Sitting on him has obviously proved the wrong play. He vocally wants out and his numbers are garbage. We won't see much for him.

Clarkson needs no explaining.

Phaneuf signing was a bad play. You know I'm not a fan

Those are 3 big mess ups that will cost this team for years

Phaneuf would be good with someone who compliments him. I would be a big fan of getting Dan Girardi but the Rangers locked him up and there was no way we probably could've afforded him, but I don't think Phaneuf will be the cause of this team being mediocre.

Clarkson...well yeah he needs no explaining. Just hope he can somehow kick it into gear and stay on his feet.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Phaneuf would be good with someone who compliments him. I would be a big fan of getting Dan Girardi but the Rangers locked him up and there was no way we probably could've afforded him, but I don't think Phaneuf will be the cause of this team being mediocre.

Clarkson...well yeah he needs no explaining. Just hope he can somehow kick it into gear and stay on his feet.

As long as no one blows on him, or for that matter looks at him sternly, he might be able to stay up on his skates! :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad