Reimer to Request Trade in Summer?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
Who actually cares? the guy acts like he's Luongo and that he has such an amazing pedigree that makes him deserving of the job. Bernier is clearly better in every facet so how can anyone possibly think Reimer deserves a shot? It's as if people have completely forgotten the beginning of the season where they split games and Bernier vastly outplayed him. Get his money off the cap, bring in a cheap veteran backup like every other team with a great starter and use his raise money to keep our impending UFAs.

Bad rebound control, can't catch the puck, flops around for no reason, freezes for 2 seconds after every shot, horrible composure... the team is clearly so much better and more confident with the composed Bernier in net. Reimer putting our team into so many holes with first period goals allowed is a massive problem right now. If Bernier isn't back on Saturday I hope Mac starts.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Who actually cares? the guy acts like he's Luongo and that he has such an amazing pedigree that makes him deserving of the job.

You can criticize his game and all but seriously where is this coming from? Since when does Reimer think he's the **** and the greatest thing since sliced bread? If you don't like him that's fine you don't you have to fabricate things though

daveleaf

#FIREKEEFE #MIGHTBETIMETOFIRESHANNYTOO
Mar 23, 2010
Canada
Who cares. He has a thin skin and lets in too many bad goals. Bernier is the better goalie hands down.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
He's proven time and time again he's inconsistent. I birdied 4 holes last weekend in Florida but still shot a 91.

I demand my tour card!

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
The attitude in here is crazy. Dude has a bad half season (he was great until December) and all of a sudden the fan base is ready to run him out of town for a bag of pucks.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
why are so many people surprised lol

i know, it's like saying "you know - the sun rises in the east." and you react like this

1q4Ba8S.gif

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
There's been a lot of goalies that have moved right around the deadline.

My guess is that any trade that Reimer is involved with, will have those trades used as a standard setter and comparable. I'm not sure he has the same value as many of those guys that moved, to be honest.

I also think the organization was hoping that he would come in, play really well, steer the Leafs into the playoffs and hold down the fort until Bernier came back, and up his value even more.

Instead it's gone the other way for him - not sure how this little stretch effects the overall value he has around the league. Don't forget that he is an RFA this summer, so which will also influence his value.

I Am The Stig

SPACESHIP!!
Oct 19, 2011
The attitude in here is crazy. Dude has a bad half season (he was great until December) and all of a sudden the fan base is ready to run him out of town for a bag of pucks.

I forgot who it was that said it, but really since Reimer came into the league hes just been a lightning rod of negativity. Reimer has a 50 save game against Washington? Well it doesnt really count because there werent enough scoring chances. Team is playing poorly? Well it's probably Reimer's fault even though the team doesn't know how to play in their own zone, regardless if Reimer or Bernier is in the net.

And yeah you're right, he had a good first half of the season, in fact he and Bernier were pretty close in stats, but because he isn't Bernier, automatically means that well he was awful all year. Like I think we forget that in the first half of the season, we probably had the best duo in the NHL.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

I think it's more he's shown that he doesn't have the makings of a backup which is what he is on this Team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad