Redo One Move From Your Team In The Last 20 Years

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Who needs Makar when youll have Luke Hughes and Simon Nemec; id take those two over Makar and any other defenseman on Colorado

Hischier-Hughes is critical to New Jersey
I like Nico but Makar is the best defenceman in the league, if given the opportunity you take him. I'm not trying to dig too deep into this thing and predict what would have happened after the Makar draft.

Reactions: Voight

Bond

May 10, 2012
What was Carolina's offer? Huberdeau didn't work out but Weegar is probably better than anyone they would've offered
Necas++ with arguments on what the +s were. Yeah, but Huberdeau and Weegar is much worse. Or if they just flipped both

Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Redo 2014 draft first round pick for the Avs and choose David Pastrnak (25th pick) over Conner Bleackley(23rd pick). One could only wish that happened, oh well

If that happened, does the team still draft Rantanen in 2015? Do they still implode in 2016-17 leading to drafting Makar? Does Duchene still request a trade? If everything doesn't happen the same way, do they still win the Cup?

To me, the safe choice is to just not trade for RyJo, even though he cost nothing.

Moist ReadOnly

Jun 7, 2024
I like Nico but Makar is the best defenceman in the league, if given the opportunity you take him. I'm not trying to dig too deep into this thing and predict what would have happened after the Makar draft.
Thats fair about not predicting; and Makar is an incredible talent

But hes simply the first of a large wave of in incredible defenseman; he wont be seen as this elite standout talent a few seasons from now once the competition has caught up

Most of the players hell be going against the next decade either cant legally drink yet or are just turning 21; outside names like Quinn, Heiskanen, etc..

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Buffalo
1. Matching the Vanek offer sheet from Edmonton
2. Rushing the ROR trade based on his bonus
3. Not letting Eichel get the surgery and trade him for a better return

Mario Lemieux fan 66

Nov 2, 2012
Easiest path for the Habs to win the Stanley Cup and most team is to draft Kucherov instead of Beaulieu.

After that is to draft Giroux instead of Fisher, don't trade Sergachev for Drouin, don't trade McDonagh for Gomez, draft Kreider instead of Leblanc and draft Hughes or tkachuk instead of Kotkaniemi.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Giving Jonathan Huberdeau Johnny Gaudreau’s money.

Didn't JG want to leave tho and play in the US? Wanted to be closer to his family no?

Who needs Makar when youll have Luke Hughes and Simon Nemec; id take those two over Makar and any other defenseman on Colorado

Hischier-Hughes is critical to New Jersey

Not for anything but that's quit eat hot take. Nemec may end up being a helluva defensemen but I would take Toews over him right now. One is a proven, steady NHL defensemen, the other is not.

Reactions: HarrySPlinkett

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
I don’t disagree, but to be fair: the Canucks never got to see what they had on their hands with the guy they drafted (RIP). Maybe as another D-man on that 2011 team, Bourdon helps that depth and they win.
Naw.. I was so happy happy he fell.. I vividly remember the punch gut watching them pass... Was such a no brainer at the time.. not retrospect - at the time. Kopitar was ranked and predicted to go top 5.. in a huge position of need at the time to boot. .. and he falls to.. 6.. then 7, 8 then 9... Then they pass on him at 9! We got him! At 10!
Punch gut.

He already had 50 goals and a 30 goal season under his belt while Luc was still getting a sip of coffee... He was likely on route to be a top 3/4 dman... But Kopitar was bonafide..

I can't think of one singular move that could completely change the trajectory of our franchise more than that one the last 20 yrs. Ah well. Kings got 2 cups outta it.

Reactions: SillyRabbit

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
Don’t let the scouts/management decide the 2015 first round picks, instead just take the top 3 available forwards from Bob MacKenzie’s list: Barzal, Connor, Konecny

Moist ReadOnly

Jun 7, 2024
Didn't JG want to leave tho and play in the US? Wanted to be closer to his family no?

Not for anything but that's quit eat hot take. Nemec may end up being a helluva defensemen but I would take Toews over him right now. One is a proven, steady NHL defensemen, the other is not.
We shall see - my feelings on Makar and the defense in today's NHL is unique in that I feel all positions are in waves; and the defenses' wave is coming IMO

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Necas++ with arguments on what the +s were. Yeah, but Huberdeau and Weegar is much worse. Or if they just flipped both
Yea I'd take Weegar on his contract quite easily over Necas. He's become a top 20 d-man and one of the best values in the league

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad