Speculation: realistic leaf deals at deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
That might very well give you the right skill and depth to put you guys over the top. What’s up for grabs from a Jets perspective

I'm not sure because I don't think Copp or Stasny get you 1st round picks or top prospects what would you want

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I really think Copp could get a 1st. Hell, they are taking ChiaPet getting a 1st and he’s a depth guy on a contender without a guy carrying him.
Stas would garner a later 2nd or B prospect

Really? you think Copp gets a 1st? when I think of guys getting 1sts this year I think of Giroux, possibly Kessel, maybe Rakell if the Ducks stumble or Rielly Smith if Vegas continues to struggle I don't think of Copp

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
G was brought up in other post no need to rehash
cheap rentals
Brassard as 4th liner would be upgrade
Braun as a 5/6 dman team don't see as Toronto's need but who knows

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
I can see the Leafs going for Statsny because his price won't be as steep and we've always loved old vet rentals.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Really? you think Copp gets a 1st? when I think of guys getting 1sts this year I think of Giroux, possibly Kessel, maybe Rakell if the Ducks stumble or Rielly Smith if Vegas continues to struggle I don't think of Copp
Giroux is costing u a 1st and ur top prospect not just that late 1st. Same with Rakell.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
First of all, if you guys want an RD you guys can have Hamonic (down to trade straight up for Holl).
That being said, is Robertson going to be any better than even Nic Petan (whom we signed)? Smaller tweener guys are hit and miss.
Lastly, Engvall has size and can score some but is ultimately still just depth and so (presuming we don't want Robertson) Toronto will have to add (don't think you guys have any blue chip center prospects available? One of our biggest needs is RH centers or big defensive RHD and it doesn't seem like the Leafs have what we need for us to trade Miller to you, since we don't want to tank).
Robertson is a great young prospect. Petan is a tweener. There's a pretty massive difference between them. Its head-scratching that you'd even compare them.

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Robertson is a great young prospect. Petan is a tweener. There's a pretty massive difference between them. Its head-scratching that you'd even compare them.

I get that his brother is doing well with Dallas, but Jason seems to have gotten all the hockey player build at 6'3", while Nick is with the Marlies and standing at 5'9", 164 lbs. Admittedly being based out west I haven't followed him very closely and it'd be great if he proves himself to belong in the NHL, but smaller players like him don't always make it and so I wouldn't want a big chunk of the return to be built on a smaller player, in a position where we' don't have need (and I referenced Petan since AHL stat wise he's very similar, at 0.9 points/ game which is higher than Robertson's).

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I get that his brother is doing well with Dallas, but Jason seems to have gotten all the hockey player build at 6'3", while Nick is with the Marlies and standing at 5'9", 164 lbs. Admittedly being based out west I haven't followed him very closely and it'd be great if he proves himself to belong in the NHL, but smaller players like him don't always make it and so I wouldn't want a big chunk of the return to be built on a smaller player, in a position where we' don't have need (and I referenced Petan since AHL stat wise he's very similar, at 0.9 points/ game which is higher than Robertson's).
It makes more sense now. You have no idea who Nick Robertson is. You just went to his hockeydb page.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
There’s 3 young number 5’s who all need ice time and an established veteran top 4. There’s no minutes left on the blue line.
Top 6/9 LW is the only hole they need to fill going into the post season.
if there’s a guy who’s comfortable being a 7-8 that can come in and sit until maybe injuries happen that’s another thing.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Nothing major, I don't think they want to make a splash while the team consistently underperforms in the playoffs

I'd target one middle 6 winger and that's about it. We'll know closer to the TDL who the options are

That's really not how the management thinks. They'll want to give the team the best chance possible if they're going to keep performing well.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
It makes more sense now. You have no idea who Nick Robertson is. You just went to his hockeydb page.

Elaborate about his current value and future potential then without exaggeration and hyping up.

In Vancouver we've had small hyped prospects who've flamed out before (Hunter Shinkaruk for instance was a small winger taken in the 1st round who had similar point totals in junior and the minors but who just couldn't stick after 3 seasons), so I hope it also makes sense now as to why I'm wary about taking on pint-sized hotshot prospects. Even Petan who I compared Robertson to was a 2nd round pick (43rd overall, even earlier than Robertson), and he had higher junior and minors point totals (plus he topped out at around a 0.25 points/ game guy in the NHL) before he "settled" into a tweener role, so I'm genuinely curious what makes you so confident that Robertson will do any better?

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Neither Copp, nor Stastny, will be moved if the Jets are in line for the playoffs.
So you might want to look elsewhere.

I think the Leafs should move just enough cap to fit a retained Kessel in.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
I know leafs fans don't like the guy and probably won't agree, but Ben Chiarot would fit a role for them.

Toffoli after the playoffs said the second Muzzin was out they knew they were going to win the series. Need some more crease clearers and sandpaper.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad