RD Tristan Luneau - Gatineau Olympiques, QMJHL (2022, 53rd, ANA)

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Gross.

Couple of these kids have to be moved for some help ip front, no?

Not anytime soon. They're just prospects, not NHL established players today. Helleson is having a rough go this season in the AHL.

As for help up front, we have more forward prospects already at the NHL level and we'll be getting at least a top-6 prospect in this year's draft.

Forward youths/prospects in NHL
xxx-Zegras-Terry​
xxx-McTavish-xxx​
xxx-Lundestrom-xxx​
Jones-xxx-xxx​

Defensive youths/prospects in NHL
xxx-xxx​
xxx-Drysdale​
xxx-xxx​

Anarchynate

Feb 28, 2023
Orange County
Not anytime soon. They're just prospects, not NHL established players today. Helleson is having a rough go this season in the AHL.

As for help up front, we have more forward prospects already at the NHL level and we'll be getting at least a top-6 prospect in this year's draft.

Forward youths/prospects in NHL
xxx-Zegras-Terry​
xxx-McTavish-xxx​
xxx-Lundestrom-xxx​
Jones-xxx-xxx​

Defensive youths/prospects in NHL
xxx-xxx​
xxx-Drysdale​
xxx-xxx​
Nesterenko to that forward group

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Nesterenko to that forward group

Too soon, three games does not equate to NHL established. Comtois looked good when he started out too in his first 10 NHL games. So I'd rather wait and let Nestrenko get a longer burn.

Back to the Luneau. Luneau will spend another season in the CHL and then make their way to the pro side. Luneau will continue to work on his skating burst. Depending on his team roster, I hope Luneau breaks his record next year.

Reactions: Kalv

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Too soon, three games does not equate to NHL established. Comtois looked good when he started out too in his first 10 NHL games. So I'd rather wait and let Nestrenko get a longer burn.

Back to the Luneau. Luneau will spend another season in the CHL and then make their way to the pro side. Luneau will continue to work on his skating burst. Depending on his team roster, I hope Luneau breaks his record next year.

Would be nice, but gotta remember he is likely to go to the WJC which will decrease his played games amount making it that much harder but who knows.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
No they don't. They and the Canadiens are the top 2 though.
Guess it depends on who you consider in their pool.

Are we putting Barron/Guhle/harris as prospects?

Or we just going Mailoux, Hutson, Norlinder, Engstrom

I think the Devils might have the best d-group prospects

LD Luke Hughes
RD Simon Nemec
RD Seamus Casey
LD Shakir Mukhamadullin
LD Kevin Bahl
Devils pool is probaly the best high end d prospects.... but as others have said Mukhamadullin is in San jose now, and bahl is prob graduated.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Guess it depends on who you consider in their pool.

Are we putting Barron/Guhle/harris as prospects?

Or we just going Mailoux, Hutson, Norlinder, Engstrom

Devils pool is probaly the best high end d prospects.... but as others have said Mukhamadullin is in San jose now, and bahl is prob graduated.
Barron I think you include. Guhle is graduated, so is Xhekaj and Harris you can throw in there just to give them a fighting chance.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
Ducks by far have the best group of prospect defencemen. And frankly it isn’t close.

Their defenders are about to win defencemen of the year in the WHL, OHL and QMJHL.
And our best defensive defenseman, Hinds, isn't even one of the three that will win that award, which is insane.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad