RD Tristan Luneau - Gatineau Olympiques, QMJHL (2022, 53rd, ANA)

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Don’t worry about that guy He has had a hate boner for Luneau aince last year he is very biased towards Habs prospects as you can tell.

definitely not someone whos opinion I would take seriously
Last year I just said on Luneau that he would not be selected in the 1st round. Thing that was. Stop.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
6A430200-ADB4-40C3-B3C7-850D68245D6B.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: slumpy43 and Kalv

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
You have the explanation. Montreal's rookie defensemen outperformed Anaheim's veteran defensemen.
Ah, so a few of Montreal's rookie defensemen outperformed Dimitry Kulikov and Kevin Shatternkirk. Wow, I can just see the Norris trophies raining now.

Quantity but not so much quality. Many won't have much NHL value, if any.

No Anaheim U21 defenseman is as advanced as Lane Hutson (U19).

NJ with Luke Hughes and Simon Nemec on top. Not to forget Buffalo with Rasmus Dahlin and Owen Power who are still very young.

What makes the difference are the players who stand out.

If you have 6 average defenders - ok for depth but not competitive.

Montreal has a complete top 6 for the coming decade (Guhle, Barron, Mailloux, Hutson, Xhekaj, Harris)... Maybe Reinbacher soon... So no Anaheim is not necessarily better armed. It will depend on the elite quality of the best. The best are rather in Montreal (Hutson, Guhle). Mintyukov can be a game changer. Drysdale... incomplete.
Ah I see I could have just stopped taking this guy seriously from his second sentence.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
popped over to the prospects board to see who people were talking about and what was going on and i gotta say i was completely unprepared for whatever is going on here
Haven't you learned that Anaheim's defenseman prospects are dogshit, with Mintyukov the only one with potential to make it? Never too late to learn new things.

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
Haven't you learned that Anaheim's defenseman prospects are dogshit, with Mintyukov the only one with potential to make it? Never too late to learn new things.
Minty is the same level as Kyrou. Didn’t you hear?

Anyways. Let’s move on. The Ducks have great prospects that are generally praised by all media and most posters. Let’s not get baited by a few.

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014

hah i'm lucky if i know much of anything about half our prospects unless they play ncaa or make world juniors outside of what i come across here or linked articles occasionally. tell you what though i'm quite high on minty here solely because thats an awesome name. dont need to know anything else about him to know he wheels

Anarchynate

Feb 28, 2023
Orange County
Drysdale 6 behind Sanderson and worries a lot defensively. A year with a serious injury.
Mintyukov : best prospect but still in OHL.
Zellweger... We'll see in a senior league. He plays in a league being the oldest. Hutson plays in a league being the youngest.
Lacombe and Helleson... LOL

Luneau was disappointing last year. Not a matter of injury. He had a very good season. I think he will be a good top 4 defender. But will he be better than Guhle, Hutson, Barron and potentially Reinbacher (tipped to be selected 6th by Montreal)

Never Zellweger comes out top 10 of a 2021 redraft.
Yikes. Your takes are trash. Also, this is a Luneau thread. Take your slander somewhere else

Reactions: lwvs84 and Vipers31

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
You have the explanation. Montreal's rookie defensemen outperformed Anaheim's veteran defensemen.
Sort of weird argument when one team decided to go full rebuild and trade away Lindholm and Manson, while the other does not. I do also thin Cam is better than what the Habs has on the roster.

Pretty premature discussion over the last sites, can we please com back and talk about Luneau again? Thank you.

Reactions: Kalv

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Let that guy have whatever moral victory he wants and just move on :laugh:

I just looked up... we got Luneau's pick along with Clang in the Rakell trade. Nice one. I hope Luneau gets to play in the WJC next season, he's certainly on a steep trajectory this season.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Sort of weird argument when one team decided to go full rebuild and trade away Lindholm and Manson, while the other does not. I do also thin Cam is better than what the Habs has on the roster.

Pretty premature discussion over the last sites, can we please com back and talk about Luneau again? Thank you.
13 years difference between Fowler and Luneau. Fowler will not belong to the team that will play for the win with Bedard/Fantilli/Carlsson, Zegras, McTavish, Luneau, Mintyukov, etc...

Yikes. Your takes are trash. Also, this is a Luneau thread. Take your slander somewhere else

The discussion was about which team had the best prospect group, I wasn't off topic. Not my fault.

Very happy with the Luneau season. I would have preferred Montreal to select him instead of Mesar.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Ah, so a few of Montreal's rookie defensemen outperformed Dimitry Kulikov and Kevin Shatternkirk. Wow, I can just see the Norris trophies raining now.

Ah I see I could have just stopped taking this guy seriously from his second sentence.
The site will improve its reputation only when the useless mockery, scorn and denigration disappear. THANKS.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad