RD Tristan Luneau - Gatineau Olympiques, QMJHL (2022, 53rd, ANA)

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
No I'm definitely not wrong. They will be in the AHL because they are clearly are ready for it, but both are in their age 19 season and eligible for junior again next year as OAs.

He's referring to them as though they are OAs already.
Gotcha, I guess I was missing the context.

But you’re going off a technicality, when kids are as talented as they are, with ELC’s alreafy signed - They won’t be returning to the CHL as overagers. it has never happened before.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
The number of U21 players is limited to 3 per team. They are second rate players. U21 players drafted by an NHL franchise are usually assigned to a senior team.

Well aware of that thanks. You referred to them as 20 year olds in their final season of junior.

Mintyukov and Zellweger are both 19 and playing out their age 19 season. Luneau is in his age 18 season and just turned 19 in the new year.

Just pointing out that it was yet another terrible argument on your part.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
No I'm definitely not wrong. They will be in the AHL because they are clearly are ready for it, but both are in their age 19 season and eligible for junior again next year as OAs.

He's referring to them as though they are OAs already.

Limited to 3 per team. Players who have not signed a contract with an NHL franchise. Mintyukov and Zellweger can't play in CHL next year.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Gotcha, I guess I was missing the context.

But both most definitely won’t be back as O/A’s.

I'm not even sure how long we will be keeping Mintyukov down in the AHL next year. They'll let him decide with his play, but I don't know that it will be long before he shows he's ready for the best league in the world. He's a stud

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Well aware of that thanks. You referred to them as 20 year olds in their final season of junior.

Mintyukov and Zellweger are both 19 and playing out their age 19 season. Luneau is in his age 18 season and just turned 19 in the new year.

Just pointing out that it was yet another terrible argument on your part.
Zellweger and Mintyukov will be 20 in a few months and have played against players who may be 16-17 years old born in 2005-2006... They even played against guys who were born in 2007 when they were born in 2003. It doesn't change anything basically.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Youtube is full of matches in full dude.
im sure everyone here will admit your boy Hutson had a GREAT season this year... anyone that doesnt admit that is wrong. Just unsure why you are so vocal about those Ducks prospects not being overly impressive. Its very bizzare to see.

Its ok to admit other teams prospects are impressive.

You may be the only person in the hockey world that is dead set against some of these players

Reactions: Eegs

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Limited to 3 per team. Players who have not signed a contract with an NHL franchise.

You referred to a group of prospects as 20 year olds playing their final year of junior. That would imply being an overage. None of them are 20 and all of them are eligible for at least one more year of junior. I'm well aware of how the overage rules work.

You were clearly reaching to try and make your stupid point (one that wasn't relevant here to begin with) and posted flat out false info.

Zellweger and Mintyukov will be 20 in a few months and have played against players who may be 16-17 years old born in 2005-2006... They even played against guys who were born in 2007 when they were born in 2003. It doesn't change anything basically.

So they are not 20 now, nor will they be at any point this season. Luneau won't be for another year. So you were reaching to try and make your stupid point, let's call it what it was.

Reactions: Vipers31

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
im sure everyone here will admit your boy Hutson had a GREAT season this year... anyone that doesnt admit that is wrong. Just unsure why you are so vocal about those Ducks prospects not being overly impressive. Its very bizzare to see.

Its ok to admit other teams prospects are impressive.

You may be the only person in the hockey world that is dead set against some of these players
You say I've never seen Hutson play, except on Youtube. I am replying to you. Accept it.

You referred to a group of prospects as 20 year olds playing their final year of junior. That would imply being an overage. None of them are 20 and all of them are eligible for at least one more year of junior. I'm well aware of how the overage rules work.

You were clearly reaching to try and make your stupid point (one that wasn't relevant here to begin with) and posted flat out false info.

So they are not 20 now, nor will they be at any point this season. Luneau won't be for another year. So you were reaching to try and make your stupid point, let's call it what it was.
Ok so if I say that they are 19 year old players who dominate in a junior league where the vast majority of players are between 15 and 18 years old, what does that change as a reasoning ?

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
You say I've never seen Hutson play, except on Youtube. I am replying to you. Accept it.

Ok so if I say that it is 19 year old players who dominate in a junior league where the vast majority of players are between 15 and 18 years old, what does that change as a reasoning ?

Well at least at that point you aren't lying to try and make your point. I still don't think anyone here would deem anything you've said in this thread to be necessary, informative or remotely insightful.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Well at least at that point you aren't lying to try and make your point. I still don't think anyone here would deem anything you've said in this thread to be necessary, informative or remotely insightful.
You knew very well what I meant by 20 years. U20. They are.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
What do you think the U stands for?
Do not insist. Players born in 2003 are not eligible for the next Junior World Championship and players signed by an NHL franchise are in their final CHL year.

Your zeal is ridiculous because Zellweger and Mintyukov turn 20 in a few months. So they are U20 in a league with U16 to U19 players.

you said he’d never be top 10 in a redraft, quick google top one had him 11

Well that's the case, isn't it? If I thought he wasn't worth top 15, I would have said top 15.

Last edited:

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Do not insist. Players born in 2003 are not eligible for the next Junior World Championship and players signed by an NHL franchise are in their final CHL year.

Your zeal is ridiculous because Zellweger and Mintyukov turn 20 in a few months.

They turn 20 next season. They just turned 19 this season. Stick to speaking in facts instead of reaching.

Anyway, it wasn't just this one point. Your entire argument in this thread has been completely pointless. You can go on about your little pet prospect and why you think he's better than everyone on your own board. No one cares here.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Your zeal is ridiculous because Zellweger and Mintyukov turn 20 in a few months.

Well that's the case, isn't it? If I thought he wasn't worth top 15, I would have said top 15.
Hey look everyone he’s moving goal posts again

Reactions: Vipers31

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012

Ok so if I say that they are 19 year old players who dominate in a junior league where the vast majority of players are between 15 and 18 years old, what does that change as a reasoning ?
relax man.. i meant youtube clips

anyways, you are looking extremely foolish in this thread so i suggest you just stop

JT3

May 27, 2013
You guys gotta stop feeding the troll. I don't even think I've seen him on the Habs board before. If anything a bunch of us over there are jealous we didn't pick up Luneau and have been talking about how great a year he's had.

Both teams have great D pools. Anaheim probably has slightly better high end, Habs more depth. Neither group has proven much of anything yet.

Luneau looks like a good one though. Glad he seems to broke out of that 'vanilla' description placed on him last season.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
You guys gotta stop feeding the troll. I don't even think I've seen him on the Habs board before. If anything a bunch of us over there are jealous we didn't pick up Luneau and have been talking about how great a year he's had.

Both teams have great D pools. Anaheim probably has slightly better high end, Habs more depth. Neither group has proven much of anything yet.

Luneau looks like a good one though. Glad he seems to broke out of that 'vanilla' description placed on him last season.
agreed!!!.. its crazy how one delusional person on here can derail a thread and put a sour taste in peoples mouths towards a fanbase

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
The guys who harass a user because he think Anaheim doesn't have the best young defense in the NHL and can't stand that person not giving in to their bullying process...

The worst part is that as a French speaker, I probably have a lot more love for this player than I have for years and will follow his entire career. Whereas when he is no longer in Anaheim, you will have forgotten him.

Big love for Luneau.

Very good season this year - profile of a top 4 in the making. I hope for more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad