RD Moritz Seider (2019, 6th, DET) Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
... that's exactly what I said. "I would not put Seider in Dahlin's tier" is my way of saying I would not rank Seider on the same level as Dahlin. That's the overall package of the player. There's generational, and there's a tier below that. Dahlin's in one, Seider the other.

Well you actually said "I would not put Seider in quite that tier of young prospect.". Reads to me that hes not quite there but hes really close. Theres already another poster in here saying hes going to be right there with Dahlin in this thread. It might just be the wording is weird so it came across like that but it also sounds like 2 wings fans thinking he compares somewhat or equal to Dahlin to me. Thats over the top for sure.

Youre right though, Seider is special defensively and is one of the best defenders to come out in a long time.

OiledUp

Sep 17, 2011
One thing that has always impressed me about Seider is his ability to hold the puck in the blueline. This Twitter video doesn't demonstrate what I am talking about, but think how savvy Duncan Keith was holding the blue line, I see that with Mo.
Similar level of flow as well as demonstrated in the gif above.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
One thing that has always impressed me about Seider is his ability to hold the puck in the blueline. This Twitter video doesn't demonstrate what I am talking about, but think how savvy Duncan Keith was holding the blue line, I see that with Mo.

He makes the simple smart plays at a consistently great level already. The kid would be Detroit's 1st or 2nd best defenseman already, and that isn't hyperbole.

Now Detroit just needs to draft Owen Power in 21 so we can have our Towers of Power! (tm) on defense.

Johansson (who is also looking pretty filthy this season, as well.) / Seider
Power / Hronek
DDK / McIsaac (If he can stay healthy) or someone else as a hardnosed stay at home #6 isn't a bad defense.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

I would argue that twitter level actually did show some of it. The way he slides to the middle of the ice as the jam up happens in the slot by the net and away from the wall is a read. That they are likely to scramble that puck straight forward. Mo makes that read slides into the right place and blocks the clearing attempt, then quickly re-fires the PP while the D is scrambling. That all speaks to a higher offensive ceiling. We are all getting pretty confident in his defensive and physical abilities those look special. He adds the offense and his ceiling is humongous.

Dahlin is a better player with a higher ceiling, calm down Wings fans that one isn't a good luck for us. I really hope Mo can make that a conversation, that means we have a top 5 D-man at some point because I think Dahlin is getting there.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I would argue that twitter level actually did show some of it. The way he slides to the middle of the ice as the jam up happens in the slot by the net and away from the wall is a read. That they are likely to scramble that puck straight forward. Mo makes that read slides into the right place and blocks the clearing attempt, then quickly re-fires the PP while the D is scrambling. That all speaks to a higher offensive ceiling. We are all getting pretty confident in his defensive and physical abilities those look special. He adds the offense and his ceiling is humongous.

Dahlin is a better player with a higher ceiling, calm down Wings fans that one isn't a good luck for us. I really hope Mo can make that a conversation, that means we have a top 5 D-man at some point because I think Dahlin is getting there.

One person has said this for the record. The rest of us have been making fun of it since then.

Although Seider does have better flow.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
At this point in a re-draft, where does Seider go? 1st overall?

That's way too hard to say, mainly because the guys playing in the NHL this year looked like shit, and the guys playing in junior looked great.

There's still a very good chance Hughes is the best of the group, but he sure as shit didn't look like it this year. 1 year ain't gonna be good enough for us to figure it out.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
At this point in a re-draft, where does Seider go? 1st overall?

Way too early to say that. I would be surprised if he wasnt the first D off the board though at this point knowing what we know now

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Really excited to see this player in the NHL. I think he could do it next year if he was eased in. I'm most excited about the physical aspect of his game but I feel like he's gonna be a real "#1D" kind of player in a handful of seasons. I think he does have the offensive instincts and puck skill to bring offense at the NHL level.

I'm an Avs fan and I'm still ecstatic with Byram at 4, but Seider looks like he could definitely be the best Dman from the draft. He's a righty though and we have Makar, so I feel zero 'regret' not having my team take him. We don't really take those "reach" picks this high (not that I think it was a bad pick, just off the board a tad). I was actually hoping we'd pick Seider at 16.

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
My top 5 2019 redraft after their D+1 would like :

Dach
Kakko
Hughes
Seider
Zegras

Seider could easily surpass the top 3 if he continues to play lights out. He has real potential to be a 6'4 smooth skating #1 RHD with good defense. If he can become more offensively inclined, he could reach 65+ points in his prime logging 20 + min per game that can play PK and PP. Not to mention that absolute cannon on a shot from the point. He can be setting up Raymond, Rassmussen, Zadina, Larkin, and Mantha on the PP for many years to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad