RD Jakub Chromiak - Kingston Frontenacs, OHL (2024 Draft)

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Sometimes i forget, this young dude is only 15 and the players he faces in every game are way older, way stronger what he is.
Sure the level, quality, isn't probably par with...what ever, but i don't think that is relevant right now, the relevant part is what above.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Sometimes i forget, this young dude is only 15 and the players he faces in every game are way older, way stronger what he is.
Sure the level, quality, isn't probably par with...what ever, but i don't think that is relevant right now, the relevant part is what above.
Slovakia2 is obviously not extremely strong but looking at players coming over from junior leagues in Canada and USA shows it is at the level of those junior leagues. Tag Bertuzzi had 23 pts in 22 games in slovakia2 last season after having 47 pts in 57 games in the OHL the previous year. Jakub right now only lacks the physical parameters but his puck skills are excellent.

Reactions: hellwar9

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Slovakia2 is obviously not extremely strong but looking at players coming over from junior leagues in Canada and USA shows it is at the level of those junior leagues. Tag Bertuzzi had 23 pts in 22 games in slovakia2 last season after having 47 pts in 57 games in the OHL the previous year. Jakub right now only lacks the physical parameters but his puck skills are excellent.

Yeah.

Thanks from this info.

------

Off-topic :

Maybe another one to look at, his Team Slovakia u18 team mate; F Tomas Pobezal, almost 1 year younger what Jakub,
Tomas is 2025 Draft eligible player

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia

Yes, there was also Keean Washkurak who had better statistics in the OHL than Bertuzzi and in the lower slovak men league a bit worse. The comparison that the lower Slovak men's league is at the level of CHL junior leagues is true. So when Chromiak, or other 05's and 06's at that age can score, and adapt, it's only good for them and good for Slovakia.

Reactions: Antiillafire

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Yes, there was also Keean Washkurak who had better statistics in the OHL than Bertuzzi and in the lower slovak men league a bit worse. The comparison that the lower Slovak men's league is at the level of CHL junior leagues is true. So when Chromiak, or other 05's and 06's at that age can score, and adapt, it's only good for them and good for Slovakia.

Thanks!.

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
3 goals, 11 points, in total of 17 games so far.

Jakub has played only 12 matches this season. EP is wrong there. Players who start in Slovakia in more than one club have incorrect stats on Eliteprospects. For example, Jakub, who played 4 matches for the U18 project and 2 matches for Dukla Trencin U20 in the U20 junior league. The official Slovak website counts together those 4 matches with that 2 matches. And the EP does not register it and a mess is forming. It's a long-term affair. The statistics on the EP will therefore probably be fixed at the end of the season.

So, current status:
6 matches, 1 goal and 2 points in the lower men's league (he only starts here in one club at the moment, U18 project)

6 matches 1 goal and 3 points in U20 junior Slovak league

and from that

4 matches, 1 goal and 3 points in the U18 project
2 matches, 0 points in the Dukla Trencin U20

And all statistics together.

Anyway, Jakub plays really well. After the injury he had in the summer, he plays from match to match better and better. There is a real chance that he will make his debut in the top tier men's league this season.

Reactions: kilowatt

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Season totals so far

4 goals (his 4th was a gwg)
13 points
18 penalty minutes
0.60 ppg.

2nd in d-men points for HK Dukla Trencin U20.
1st in d-men points for Team Slovakia U18.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
2+0 today. He’s at 8 points in 10 games now in the U20 league. Quite good for a 15 year old and I’d say the u20 league is actually stronger than last few years. If he could hover around 0.8 ppg in the u20 league, it would be an excellent season. Nemec was still in u18 league at the same age. However, was also much better defensively.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Was selected to some practice tournament 8.11. - 14.11.2021
SR 17 vo Francúzsku pod vedením bývalého trénera Banskej Bystrice: V nominácii s piatimi nováčikmi

Can anyone say more about it?
i know its not this one : VAUJANY HOCKEY CUP NOVEMBER 2021 - Vaujany Station Village – Séjour ski et vacances montagne Isère

- but interesting that he wasn't selected to that one :huh:

U17 team :

Oliver Puškár, Martin Sluka, Damian Slávik, František Dej, Oliver Jurčo, Tomáš Kráľovič, Sebastián Žurek, Adam Beluško, Leo Eperješi, Timotej Varga, Viliam Kurila, Kamil Rohaľ, František Ridzoň, Juraj Pekarčík, Maxim Sakmár, Jakub Chromiak, Ľuboš Stahoň, Stanislav Gron, Adam Cedzo, Tomáš Pilát, Alex Čajkovič, Samuel Sisik.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I know its 2021, 3 years from his draft year and all but...
i think many has yet to notice this great prospect and
who knows how high he might get drafted in the 2024 draft.

Just hope he pans out, i don't want him to be the ones i got wrong :) and who was just over hyped by me and few others, now.
Thou im way on the winning side of my prospect threads. :)

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I know its 2021, 3 years from his draft year and all but...
i think many has yet to notice this great prospect and
who knows how high he might get drafted in the 2024 draft.

Just hope he pans out, i don't want him to be the ones i got wrong :) and who was just over hyped by me and few others, now.
Thou im way on the winning side of my prospect threads. :)

True enough but your thread about the Coyotes being better than Winnipeg this year went worse than expected no doubt eh?

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Hoping he gets an invite to WJC camp, even if it’s just for the next experience. Personally if it’s again larger rosters I wouldn’t mind him taken as an extra

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad