RD Jakub Chromiak - Kingston Frontenacs, OHL (2024 Draft)

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
I don't think Jakub is still considered a top prospect today. He's more likely to be a middle rounder. We'll see what kind of season he'll have, I expect progress in movement, positional play and a better defensive game. But it's good that he went to Sudbury last season, at least he found out where his weaknesses are and what he needs to work on.

Reactions: Antiillafire

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
My main problem with Chromiak’s game is that he’s 6 foot, 180 pounds but plays like he’s 5 foot 9 and 150 pounds. His production was actually decent for a dman in the OHL in his DY-1. Better than Beau Akey’s who just went in the second round. I can’t completely fault him for his performance at the U18’s as he was supposedly very sick and playing through it. I can see anywhere from rounds 2-5 for him.

In the offensive zone he can make plays with the puck at the blue line very well.

He’s also a good passer but has a pretty weak shot.

His defensive game needs to be more physical, right now he’s really only effective with his stick and positioning.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
When did he got traded? how much was they pay?

Well, played his first game for the Fronts, scored an assist, was +2
his team won 5-2, at home. (had 1 sog)

Bigger role perhaps?, can anyone who saw Frontenacs game how he played
or how much he played.

Had 1 sog through first 7 games for Wolves.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
When did he got traded? how much was they pay?

Well, played his first game for the Fronts, scored an assist, was +2
his team won 5-2, at home. (had 1 sog)

Bigger role perhaps?, can anyone who saw Frontenacs game how he played
or how much he played.

Had 1 sog through first 7 games for Wolves.
Sudbury brought in Dvorsky so they had to move an import since their other is their starting goalie. Chromiak was the odd man out. Kingstron didn’t pay much, a second and some change. He should get more playing time there.

Safe to say he isn‘t as good as you once thoight? Given you were at one point comparing him to Bedard and Wright?

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Sudbury brought in Dvorsky so they had to move an import since their other is their starting goalie. Chromiak was the odd man out. Kingstron didn’t pay much, a second and some change. He should get more playing time there.

Safe to say he isn‘t as good as you once thoight? Given you were at one point comparing him to Bedard and Wright?

Well, time will tell i suppose, but maybe he isn't that good.
And no, i don't think i did that.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Well, time will tell i suppose, but maybe he isn't that good.
And no, i don't think i did that.
Yes, you were.

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
Since that great game where he had a big night, he had only 1 secondary assist in the next 9 games. This really isn't a promising look for a two-way defenseman who should be more offensive-minded towards the draft. Like Ondrej Molnar, there is also stagnation, but here the stagnation is even more noticeable. However, compared to Ondrej Molnar, I still see Jakub Chromiak as a late bloomer in his own way.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
IMG_2163.png

His advanced stats look pretty solid. Again it seems like a less then 50% chance he will be drafted but who knows maybe someone takes him in 6th-7th round.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad