RD Jakub Chromiak - Kingston Frontenacs, OHL (2024 Draft)

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Jakub is regarded as one of the top defencemen in the import draft. He has a late birthday and is projected to be a high 1st round pick in the 2024 NHL draft.

" We are very excited to select a high-end defenceman with his skill and ability. He is a strong skater and is a very mobile defenceman with a lot of poise. He can play in any type of situation and has excellent vision. Chromiak is a strong puck moving defenseman who moves well in transition. He is very adept in all three zones and was also a member of the U18 WJC (D1A) Gold Medal Slovakian Team this past April "

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
Quite likely he will be a part of Sudbury next season. Dukla Trencin has Nemcik, Ozols, Pietroniro, Starosta, Ulrych and young Petrovicky in defense and from what I heard another youngster Stacha is about to sign. There will be no space for Chromiak. Sudbury will probably be the best for him at the moment.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I thought he was the best of the Slovak defensemen, and close to best player, although I would put his performance more in the adequate category than very good.

He looks like a real solid two-way defenseman. I hadn't seen him play before. My concern would be that I don't see huge offensive skills and he's 5'11. His brother is 6'0. The way the draft goes, it's a mark against you if you are 5'11 and you don't have huge offensive skills. I think he's good and is trending to be a top two rounds pick in 2024, but it'd help him if he grows an inch or two between now and the draft. That could solidify first round status.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I thought he was the best of the Slovak defensemen, and close to best player, although I would put his performance more in the adequate category than very good.

He looks like a real solid two-way defenseman. I hadn't seen him play before. My concern would be that I don't see huge offensive skills and he's 5'11. His brother is 6'0. The way the draft goes, it's a mark against you if you are 5'11 and you don't have huge offensive skills. I think he's good and is trending to be a top two rounds pick in 2024, but it'd help him if he grows an inch or two between now and the draft. That could solidify first round status.
he is close to 6 foot 0 and also, his draft year is 2024.

i would bet he is still growing, the younger brothers
usually are the shorter ones, not always but usually.

He will go in the top 10

Takurcitee

Apr 22, 2022
I saw him at u18 and he was best dman there and generating a lot of offense i see him as top 20 pick in draft but lot could change

Reactions: degustator

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Rough start for his OHL career, no idea what kind of role, but finally scored his first point,
stole the puck in the blue line, passed the puck to Konyen, who scored on half a breakaway.

He was all giddy but nonchalantly grabbed the puck and put it inside of his glove :)

badfish

Habs fan in ON
Sponsor
Nov 12, 2005
ON
I've saw a few Wolves games this year and thought he looked good. His goal tonight was a funny play that led to him basically doing a flick shot top shelf. I also like Kieron Walton on the Wolves. His confidence seems to be growing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad