RD Dominik Badinka - Malmö Redhawks, SHL (2024, 34th, CAR)

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
This has expanded into Galvas/Badinka now. Cool. Curious who

1. gets drafted first
2. makes U20 at Xmas (could be neither)
3. makes the NHL (if at all)

Go D Go!
The harassing poster has been going on and on about this for a year, but he invented this duel.

The truth is probably elsewhere. Jecho seems to me to be the best chance to play in the NHL and get a selection in the 1st round.

Goodman is for me the worst posture on the site.

I have always supported Czech prospects on the site but his behavior disgusts me. Apart from insulting and provoking, he contributes nothing.
I hope for his sake he is only 15 years old. If he has 20 it's already worrying and if even more, it's over for him. He will never have a wife and children. Very childish.

The 10/12 Round 1 defenders are among : Dickinson, Parekh, Lavoie, Yakemchuk, Hutson, Skahan, Emery, Levshunov, Buium, Silayev, Freij, Vaisanen, Kiviharju.

I have a hard time seeing a Czech defender in the 1st round currently.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Goodman68

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Reports from shows I listen to by very serious guys are devastated by his performance. The guys are unanimous.
Jiricek has it tough, same for Benak. Both Plzen senior team and U20 team sucks this year.

But I havent seen Jiricek drop anywhere. In every article, ranking I have seen/read lately, he is still in top 15 everywhere.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Jiricek has it tough, same for Benak. Both Plzen senior team and U20 team sucks this year.

But I havent seen Jiricek drop anywhere. In every article, ranking I have seen/read lately, he is still in top 15 everywhere.
Rankings are not updated. Demidov is still announced 3rd but this is no longer relevant. Considering the level of the players, I have a hard time seeing how Jiricek can stay in the top 15. In 14, I have Parekh and he is indefinitely superior.

• Haha

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Rankings are not updated. Demidov is still announced 3rd but this is no longer relevant. Considering the level of the players, I have a hard time seeing how Jiricek can stay in the top 15. In 14, I have Parekh and he is indefinitely superior.

Idk, all those rankings and articles are from November, he is in top 15 in all of them. Dont want to start any arguments here, just saying what I see.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019

Idk, all those rankings and articles are from November, he is in top 15 in all of them. Dont want to start any arguments here, just saying what I see.
I don't make up my opinion on the lists. The references you cite do not have much credibility in my eyes because I systematically do better than them in June when it comes to comparing the effectiveness of boards and mocks.

On the other hand, an unknown guy that follow, very knowledgeable, released his entire top 50 at the end of the 2nd round.

The best informed are insiders who have a lot of contacts and significantly modify their list at the end of the year (Wegman, Pronman, Morreale).

I build mine and revise it by listening to 4 other French-speaking guys who are very knowledgeable, invested and passionate.

I'm not buying the Adam Jiricek train, especially considering the other defensemen. He has never done anything in my eyes that deserves such attention. Even last summer, I was already skeptical.

We're not going to act like these things don't happen every year. Podkolzin remained 3rd on the lists for a very long time.

Stutzle had appeared late in the top 3. Players like Lambert and Raty had been moved very high for not much. Wright was kept 1 even though his performances were doubtful, Yager very high in 2023 without me knowing why... It happens every year.

I will tell you when I change my mind but for the moment, clearly not in my top 32. I even hesitate to put the Swiss defender Muggli in 1 of my list of the Alps & Visegrad region

Last edited:
  • Haha

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016

I have to earn my worst user status. Let's do it.
Being you, I stay calm. After Jiříček's absolutely dominant performance at HGC, he wrote that he did not see him as a first-round player, then published a ranking where he was last in the first round (probably under the impression of other evaluations). Meanwhile, other users began posting their guesses, and some reacted disapprovingly to his posts.. Many other users and apparently scouts also had him in the top 10 rankings, so he subsequently adjusted his rankings by swapping Jiříček with Badinka. Suddenly, Jiříček was number 16, he said it doesn't matter.
So maybe something like this.
Of course, Jiříček does not fall out of the first round by chance at the moment, he plays in a disproportionately harder league than the others. He will almost certainly be at the U20 Championship and then we'll see what happens next.

Last edited:

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
I have to earn my worst user status. Let's do it.
Being you, I stay calm. After Jiříček's absolutely dominant performance at HGC, he wrote that he did not see him as a first-round player, then published a ranking where he was last in the first round (probably under the impression of other evaluations). Meanwhile, other users began posting their guesses, and some reacted disapprovingly to his posts.. Many other users and apparently scouts also had him in the top 10 rankings, so he subsequently adjusted his rankings by swapping Jiříček with Badinka. Suddenly, Jiříček was number 16, he said it doesn't matter.
So maybe something like this.
Of course, Jiříček does not fall out of the first round by chance at the moment, he plays in a disproportionately harder league than the others. He will almost certainly be at the U20 Championship and then we'll see what happens next.
I am starting to think that dirtyf1gter is biased towards czech players for some reason :D

• Haha

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
I don't understand, why praise Badinka and devalue Jiricek at the same time? I've been a little busy since HGC and haven't looked at their recent performances, but I hope both of them to have a fantastic draft year.
Badinka is ranked 7th in my Scandinavian rankings and would probably start 3rd round. Jiricek, probably early 2nd round.

Initial expectations are not the same. Badinka has an interesting evolution compared to last year, Jiricek has a disappointing evolution compared to last year.

However, things may change by June.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018

Funny, after reading that comment, I did the same thing.lol

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
So, if I got this straight

Dirtyfighter:

Jiricek.. round 2
Badinka.. round 3
Galvas... get your licence and become an uber driver because you have no future in hockey

Goodman:

Galvas.. round 1 to 3
Jiricek ... round 1
Badinka... get your licence and become an uber driver...

Am I close?

I respect everyones opinions on here but it is amazing how far apart 2 smart posters are on this.

Today I say it goes:

Jiricek .. round 1
Badinka.. round 2
Galvas.. round 4

Time will tell. I don't think there is a big pressure to draft Czech D because they have sucked for so long. If I'm a GM .. probably not looking too closely. Most our first rounders tanked. Spacek went undrafted. Fibigr went undrafted. Hamara went high and tanked.

To me, it looks like Czech D is improving by a lot but I'm not sure if we've turned a corner and will be producing NHL D. And that is what we so desperately need.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019

Dirtyfighter:

Jiricek.. round 2
Badinka.. round 3
Galvas... get your licence and become an uber driver because you have no future in hockey

Goodman:

Galvas.. round 1 to 3
Jiricek ... round 1

Am I close?

I respect everyones opinions on here but it is amazing how far apart 2 smart posters are on this.

Today I say it goes:

Jiricek .. round 1
Badinka.. round 2
Galvas.. round 4

Time will tell. I don't think there is a big pressure to draft Czech D because they have sucked for so long. If I'm a GM .. probably not looking too closely. Most our first rounders tanked. Spacek went undrafted. Fibigr went undrafted. Hamara went high and tanked.

To me, it looks like Czech D is improving by a lot but I'm not sure if we've turned a corner and will be producing NHL D. And that is what we so desperately need.
Galvas round 3-4 for me and can expect on a very good career in Europe

The most convincing profiles are in other positions this year. Jecho, Curran are very popular.

Czech hockey today is just 8-12 guys drafted and it regularly happens that there are no Czechs in the 1st round.

Personally, I have 15 names and since 2018 I have always rated the Czechs higher than the final result.

What makes me support Czechia and Slovakia is the desire to see these nations close to the level they had in the 2000s.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016

Dirtyfighter:

Jiricek.. round 2
Badinka.. round 3

Goodman:

Galvas.. round 1 to 3
Jiricek ... round 1

Am I close?

Today I say it goes:

Jiricek .. round 1
Badinka.. round 2
Galvas.. round 4

I don't think Badinka is bad enough to go undrafted. At the same time, he is nowhere near the first round if his play in the club is similar to that in the national team. And I just don't believe there's that much of a difference in what he performs at both levels.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I should add that Dvorak probably would've been a first rounder without injury. Svozil is clearly a riser today. But I do get the point of no first rounders. Hrabal was damn close too!

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
I don't think Badinka is bad enough to go undrafted. At the same time, he is nowhere near the first round if his play in the club is similar to that in the national team. And I just don't believe there's that much of a difference in what he performs at both levels.
Never talk about Badinka for a 1st round. I put him once at the end of the 1st round on my summer/start of season list because I didn't have enough names and I was putting guys against profiles that usually fall at the end of the 1st round. If you go that way, in 2022, I had Rastislav Elias at the end of the 1st round... I also had Parsons at the end of the 1st round. Lists have little value at this point. I already have a 2025 and 2026 ranking, it is very approximate. I'm struggling to find 32 convincing names before 6 months of the draft.

Who had Silayev at that time for example ? Many names were missing a few months ago compared to today. And there will be other surprises.

But I have already explained all this.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
we have 3 Czechs in the last 2 drafts. Jiricek seems likely this year. Benak seems likely next year. Maybe I'm too optimistic.

Benak, I'm also starting to be skeptical. The physical deficit will be difficult to make up for and some players have proven to be stronger than I imagined. Desnoyers and Guité for example.

2019, 2020, 2021 none too.

I see Jecho more than Jiricek in the 1st round currently.

In 2022, I had David Jiricek 5 and Jiri Kulich 21.
In 2023, I had Eduard Sale 16.

It was just before the draft but I don't remember being late to them and correcting the situation in the last days.

Far below what was expected for Adam since the start of the season. To be continued.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Never talk about Badinka for a 1st round. I put him once at the end of the 1st round on my summer/start of season list because I didn't have enough names and I was putting guys against profiles that usually fall at the end of the 1st round. If you go that way, in 2022, I had Rastislav Elias at the end of the 1st round... I also had Parsons at the end of the 1st round. Lists have little value at this point. I already have a 2025 and 2026 ranking, it is very approximate. I'm struggling to find 32 convincing names before 6 months of the draft.

Who had Silayev at that time for example ? Many names were missing a few months ago compared to today. And there will be other surprises.

But I have already explained all this.
As I already wrote. You ranked Badinka 16th in the first round. And after a lot of people laughed at you when you wrote that Jiříček was not a first-round player, you first ranked him at the end of the first round and then you traded him for Badinka in the same ranking and therefore had him as number sixteen with the fact that this order actually matters.
But I'm tired of these arguments for a long time.

Last edited:

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Benak, I'm also starting to be skeptical. The physical deficit will be difficult to make up for and some players have proven to be stronger than I imagined. Desnoyers and Guité for example.

2019, 2020, 2021 none too.

I see Jecho more than Jiricek in the 1st round currently.

In 2022, I had David Jiricek 5 and Jiri Kulich 21.
In 2023, I had Eduard Sale 16.

It was just before the draft but I don't remember being late to them and correcting the situation in the last days.

Far below what was expected for Adam since the start of the season. To be continued.
Benak was awesome in the final 2 games of the U17 challenge. He really came to play there. I hope he makes U20 to be honest. Time will tell... he is not blessed with size.lol

I agree that there was a 3 year gap... that's why I said the last 2 years. I think we go at least 4 in a row with a first rounder. Our Hlinka and U20 Silvers will draw some eyes back to our players IMO.

Having said that.. this season is a disaster for Czech players.lol

Voodoozz

Czechmate
Feb 22, 2016
Pilsen
www.youtube.com
D.Badinka thread never dissapoints!:laugh:

Only saw a handful of Badinka's games some long time ago, so I can't provide anything of value. I'm getting round 3-5 vibes, just by looking at his overall profile.

Since this is also the unofficial Galvas thread:
- he's been very impressive in Liberec so far, moreso than I expected, his skill level is undeniable
- i'm especially impressed with his ability to deal with the physical contact and tight checking
- in such a D heavy draft, he's not a 1st round prospect, being as undersized as he is (meaning not just his height, but overall size.) Denton Mateychuk (#12OV, 2022) who I think is pretty similar to Galvas as a player was not even 1 inch higher in his DY, however he was 35 pounds heavier. Galvas would have to put up ridiculous point totals to overcome this, which isn't happening in Extraliga.
- anything from round 2 to 4 is my guess

A. Jiricek should be a lock for round 1 - probably in the latter half but he'll be there, too much talent and potential for NHL teams to miss out on. Tough for him since both his men and junior teams aren't having great season thus far, especially scoring-wise. It's gotten better in the last few games for Jiricek - he's looked more confident, got more ice time and made a few nice plays in transition. Hopefully some points will start coming his way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad