RD Dominik Badinka - Malmö Redhawks, SHL (2024, 34th, CAR)

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
tbh i thought they would consider Badinka or Rocak after Adam injured, now they don't have even one RHD. I love all boys, but I don't buy the decision that Koci over them. I didn't see Badinka's club performance, but I saw a lot Blazers games.
I have to say that I envy Augusta at all. For example, the Cech already played badly in the preliminaries and it continues here, Badinka was even worse and now he misses all the RD. Maybe if those players aren't even among the substitutes, he can't call them..., I don't know...

Last edited:

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022
I have to say that I envy Augusta at all. For example, the Cech already played badly in the preliminaries and it continues here, Badinka was even worse and now he misses all the RD. Maybe if those players aren't even among the substitutes, he can't call them..., I don't know...
I just don't know what my boy Rocak could do to get love from junior national team, played well in the summer friendly tournament, scored some highlights goals in the WHL, then didn't make the U18 team, didn't make the U20 camp😞

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
I understand that it was a big blow for you when they didn't nominate him and your world collapsed (especially in my case, when I experienced it here repeatedly), when you try to discredit the other debaters here. But the truth is that I wrote here about Badink, that after his performances in the national team, I will not be surprised at all if the coach does not nominate him for the championship. So it was no surprise to me.
Do you have a link to back up your overblown imagination, comedian?:laugh:
Bad matches, the others too. Jiricek has seen a lot and so have the other weak Czech defenders. Against Slovakia it was catastrophic.

A physical defender with a right side playing in the SHL at 18 years old next to Joakim Ryan is extremely rare for Czech hockey.

Actually, he is the Czech U20 defender who plays at the highest level of competition. Among all Czech U20 players, only Kulich plays at a higher competitive level. So it is very likely that he declined the selection to keep his place in the SHL.

Now interpret the coach's choices as you wish. Considering the interpretation you made of my translation, I gave up on you.

I think you are 15 years old. If you have more, it becomes worrying.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Bad matches, the others too. Jiricek has seen a lot and so have the other weak Czech defenders. Against Slovakia it was catastrophic.

A physical defender with a right side playing in the SHL at 18 years old next to Joakim Ryan is extremely rare for Czech hockey.

Actually, he is the Czech U20 defender who plays at the highest level of competition. Among all Czech U20 players, only Kulich plays at a higher competitive level. So it is very likely that he declined the selection to keep his place in the SHL.

Now interpret the coach's choices as you wish. Considering the interpretation you made of my translation, I gave up on you.

I think you are 15 years old. If you have more, it becomes worrying.
Of course, Jiříček played excellently in the first period and was injured during the second period. Just a fact. That you're making up again that the first period was not much better from our side than the rest of the match... I'm not even surprised anymore.
Physical defender and blah blah.. I don't care what he is. He was bad in the national team and the coach evaluated it by not nominating him. And that it was so and that I was right and you were making up those clowns again and trying to pass off your fantasies as reality here..
18-åringen belönas: "En av Europas största talanger"
You can probably use a translator.
And again, feel free to be smart :laugh:

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Of course, Jiříček played excellently in the first period and was injured during the second period. Just a fact. That you're making up again that the first period was not much better from our side than the rest of the match... I'm not even surprised anymore.
Physical defender and blah blah.. I don't care what he is. He was bad in the national team and the coach evaluated it by not nominating him. And that it was so and that I was right and you were making up those clowns again and trying to pass off your fantasies as reality here..
18-åringen belönas: "En av Europas största talanger"
You can probably use a translator.
And again, feel free to be smart :laugh:
The laudatory article only says that he was not selected for the U20 tournament but we already know that.

You make people say, what they didn't say and again, I never said that Adam Jiricek was bad against Slovakia. It's always like this with you.

Considering the number of SHL meetings during preparation and the tournament, the appearance bonuses in SHL and the tendency of senior players to denigrate junior tournaments, this is the most likely hypothesis.

Last year, you got excited in the same way because he was not selected for the U18 tournament, supposedly due to lack of level. At no point did you consider the idea that the player did not want to participate in the tournament.

Who is the strongest team ? Malmo or Czechia U20 ? Who is the strongest competition ? The SHL or the WJC ? What interest does Badinka have in playing the U20 tournament rather than in the SHL ?

Last edited:

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
The laudatory article only says that he was not selected for the U20 tournament but we already know that.

You make people say, what they didn't say and again, I never said that Adam Jiricek was bad against Slovakia. It's always like this with you.

Considering the number of SHL meetings during preparation and the tournament, the appearance bonuses in SHL and the tendency of senior players to denigrate junior tournaments, this is the most likely hypothesis.

Last year, you got excited in the same way because he was not selected for the U18 tournament, supposedly due to lack of level. At no point did you consider the idea that the player did not want to participate in the tournament.

Who is the strongest team ? Malmo or Czechia U20 ? Who is the strongest competition? The SHL or the WJC ? What interest does Badinka have in playing the U20 tournament rather than in the SHL ?
He says he is playing well but he was not selected. But nothing about the fact that he turned down the nomination, on the contrary, says that he needs to become a better player. It is clear from the context how it was. And that you lied. Give it a rest:joker:

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
He says he is playing well but he was not selected. But nothing about the fact that he turned down the nomination, on the contrary, says that he needs to become a better player. It is clear from the context how it was. And that you lied. Give it a rest:joker:
The journalist only says that he is not selected for the U20 tournament. Badinka is only saying that he will work harder in training (banal phrase) but you are cross-referencing that the player will work harder in training with Malmo to earn his place in the Czech U20 team . Nothing explains the motivation of the player and the coach. He was not there at the U18 tournament. He just played preparatory matches in August.

A player of his level is very rare for Czech hockey so I very much doubt that the coach will throw him away just after a missed match.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
tbh i thought they would consider Badinka or Rocak after Adam injured, now they don't have even one RHD. I love all boys, but I don't buy the decision that Koci over them. I didn't see Badinka's club performance, but I saw a lot Blazers games.
I was honestly expecting a tweet saying he was coming in to replace Jiricek given he is right handed and not too far away.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
The journalist only says that he is not selected for the U20 tournament. Badinka is only saying that he will work harder in training (banal phrase) but you are cross-referencing that the player will work harder in training with Malmo to earn his place in the Czech U20 team . Nothing explains the motivation of the player and the coach. He was not there at the U18 tournament. He just played preparatory matches in August.

A player of his level is very rare for Czech hockey so I very much doubt that the coach will throw him away just after a missed match.
Please, please, put your fantasies about Badinka to rest. From now.

Last edited:

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Please, please, put your fantasies about Badinka to rest. From now.

He's not sure. Nothing peremptory. A general journalist from Malmo therefore very far from the source and very little specialized on the issue. Maybe the coach got into a conflict... Nobody understands this non-selection from a sporting point of view.

I am simply putting another possibility which seems more probable to me, that the player asked to stay and play with Malmo. He had already not played in the U18 tournament last year and yet he had been very good in international games.

Obviously, Badinka is more than up to the task. In terms of level of play, he is the most competitive Czech U20 defender currently.

This may be an Eric Cantona case. This is also perhaps a very common situation in junior hockey, with players preferring to play for their senior club. It doesn't change anything at the player level.

We are far from the bad player dismissed for lack of performance. You don't know this player anyway. When you deny his status as a physical defender, sorry but one of the roughest defenders in the draft.

Last edited:

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
So I have to admit, everything points to the fact that Badinka refused to represent. Even Augusta just said something to that effect at a press conference👍
🥴

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018

Found the first comment in this tweet hillarious.. my loose translation:

If he keeps this up they will have to change his name to Dominik Goodinka.lmao

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
So I have to admit, everything points to the fact that Badinka refused to represent. Even Augusta just said something to that effect at a press conference👍
🥴
Link?
I am not a huge fan, but Badinka is talented and definitely better than multiple defensemen on the Czech WJC squad. Him refusing is the only reasonable explanation for him to be left out completely.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018

Another list that has him going in 1st round..
That one has 3 Czechs going in round 1... I like it!lol

What is funny is that no Galvas here but Badinka is a first rounder. No one ever agrees about our Czech D and who is the first rounder.haha

I am officially worried we don't have one this year with Jiricek out. Badinka, Galvas and Jecho bounce around the rankings a lot. I am hoping I'm wrong of course and Jiricek has done enough to keep his round 1 status. That Badinka is indeed a big, RHD that goes in Round 1 (everyone could use one of those) and Galvas did enough to get in the chat. Same with Jecho who has also been hurt but has a very good toolbox. Could be 4 in round 1.. could be 0 too!lol Scouts seem to not look at our Czechs as closely as I'd like OR I'm overvaluting our Czechs which is also very possible.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
That one has 3 Czechs going in round 1... I like it!lol

What is funny is that no Galvas here but Badinka is a first rounder. No one ever agrees about our Czech D and who is the first rounder.haha

I am officially worried we don't have one this year with Jiricek out. Badinka, Galvas and Jecho bounce around the rankings a lot. I am hoping I'm wrong of course and Jiricek has done enough to keep his round 1 status. That Badinka is indeed a big, RHD that goes in Round 1 (everyone could use one of those) and Galvas did enough to get in the chat. Same with Jecho who has also been hurt but has a very good toolbox. Could be 4 in round 1.. could be 0 too!lol Scouts seem to not look at our Czechs as closely as I'd like OR I'm overvaluting our Czechs which is also very possible.
Jiricek will be a first rounder. An injury isn't dropping a player that much.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Curious where you see the other 3 Czechs going as of today? Jecho, Galvas and Badinka?
I think Jecho and Badinka are likely second rounders. Outside chance for 1st or 3rd round. Galvas will probably be 3rd or 4th round, but it's always possible a team has him higher than most and picks him earlier.

Reactions: Czechboy

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022
I think Jecho and Badinka are likely second rounders. Outside chance for 1st or 3rd round. Galvas will probably be 3rd or 4th round, but it's always possible a team has him higher than most and picks him earlier.
I think Jecho has a good chance to make first round

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Below 1PPG and skating issues? I think it's more likely he gets picked in the second round.
Thats what I am worried about too. Dont want to make this assumption based just on ppg, but the CHL forwards around him just produce much more.

Galvas still not there that pisses me off lol. But it doesnt matter after all when he gets drafted. I have high hopes for this guy, and I believe He will show everyone how great he is in a couple of years and be a big steal of this draft.

Reactions: Goodman68

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Oil Kings isn't good, I think his situation is similar to Honzek.
He's not even their highest scoring draft-eligible.

Thats what I am worried about too. Dont want to make this assumption based just on ppg, but the CHL forwards around him just produce much more.

Galvas still not there that pisses me off lol. But it doesnt matter after all when he gets drafted. I have high hopes for this guy, and I believe He will show everyone how great he is in a couple of years and be a big steal of this draft.
All it takes is one team to view Galvas as you do, and he'll be picked higher. However, there are a lot of defensemen with his profile, and most of them aren't late first or second rounders. The odds are better that he'll be picked 3rd or 4th round.

Reactions: PerryTurnbullfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad