RD Dominik Badinka - Malmö Redhawks, SHL (2024, 34th, CAR)

Voodoozz

Czechmate
Feb 22, 2016
Pilsen
www.youtube.com
Just to elaborate on this:

- there are at max 4 forwards on his team who are confident enough to sustain offensive pressure for more than a few seconds, so Jiricek gets very few opportunities to create in the O-zone 5v5
- also, the team's MVP is another RD who logs in 30 min/night on regular basis and runs PP1 with the rest of the talented guys, so Adam gets to play on PP2 (1:50 per game on average) with the struggling players.
- on the PP, he's very good at distributing the puck at the top of the umbrella, but he isn't getting ANY "free" assists because the forwards will simply not score on their shot attempts. On top of that, he's struggling a lot with getting his blueline shots through the block (by far the weakest part of his game imo), so that doesn't help his numbers either.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Just to elaborate on this:

- there are at max 4 forwards on his team who are confident enough to sustain offensive pressure for more than a few seconds, so Jiricek gets very few opportunities to create in the O-zone 5v5
- also, the team's MVP is another RD who logs in 30 min/night on regular basis and runs PP1 with the rest of the talented guys, so Adam gets to play on PP2 (1:50 per game on average) with the struggling players.
- on the PP, he's very good at distributing the puck at the top of the umbrella, but he isn't getting ANY "free" assists because the forwards will simply not score on their shot attempts. On top of that, he's struggling a lot with getting his blueline shots through the block (by far the weakest part of his game imo), so that doesn't help his numbers either.
My only criticism of him in summer was that shot. It's not very good yet. Either needs to be more accurate or harder. I think he will figure it out but not sure when.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Reactions: Czechboy

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
He won't rest.
And then there are many others where everything is different, right? Calm, especially calm.
No, it's just to show that I'm not the only one. Here he is truly a very dedicated enthusiast. This guy made the 2nd best mock in 2022 after Pronman among those that I had taken note of.

His ranking is very different from mine but it's just an example of a guy who doesn't view Jiricek that highly and views Badinka as a very credible prospect.

He makes the effort and honesty to explain all his visions without pretending to be a scout.

It's something other than you, who only provokes, insults, without having arguments and without tolerating different opinions.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
No, it's just to show that I'm not the only one. Here he is truly a very dedicated enthusiast. This guy made the 2nd best mock in 2022 after Pronman among those that I had taken note of.

His ranking is very different from mine but it's just an example of a guy who doesn't view Jiricek that highly and views Badinka as a very credible prospect.

He makes the effort and honesty to explain all his visions without pretending to be a scout.

It's something other than you, who only provokes, insults, without having arguments and without tolerating different I'd rather not write anything, right?
I'm just stating, sure, your ranking is the only correct one, the others are wrong, and I'm stopping you from writing anything. That's exactly how it is.
Give me a holiday, it will be the best.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
I'm just stating, sure, your ranking is the only correct one, the others are wrong, and I'm stopping you from writing anything. That's exactly how it is.
Give me a holiday, it will be the best.
What an accusatory inversion. You are the one who systematically repeats my messages.

The link I give involves 4 guys. At the end, I will draw up their ranking and the arguments concerning the Czech prospects.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
To be honest, I'm really happy that both are in first round talks. I will be in shock if Jiricek doesn't go in Round 1. Badinka, I simply don't know enough about him. Haven't seen him enough. Galvas I've seen and really enjoyed.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
The 4 guys from the podcasts are full of praise for Badinka. All of them have him top 32. No Tomas Galvas. Jiricek is very low.

My opinion is therefore not isolated and iconoclastic.

The other two guys I follow probably have a similar opinion.

I will report everyone's explanations.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Goodman68

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Pascal Lapointe

29 A. Jiricek
Against players his age I appreciate his recovery and his skating. Against adult players (8 views), it's a bit pitiful. He discourages me, he has no impact unlike his brother. He lacks vision, is nervous. Probably a player who will come up during junior tournaments.

26 D. Badinka
I really appreciate it a lot. He is wasting his time in U20 Sweden. Really liked his game in the SHL. This is a very good hope. I rate him like Theo Lindstein last year.

Simon Servant

28 D. Badinka
He's not the most spectacular player but he has leadership on the ice. He is mobile, able to be physical, able to restart the attack, has a good throw. He stabilizes a defense. He was comfortable in the last two SHL games. It lacks a little flash.

21 A. Jiricek
He is not having a good season. He's still here because I respect what he did in the past. He was disgusting in the matches I watched. There are still some interesting things but we need to see it more often. I really liked Galvas but he doesn't have the size. Put Galvas' Hockey IQ into Jiricek and you get a top 10 player.

Mathieu Paradis

27 D. Badinka
This guy amuses me. It's a puppet. It's funny to watch but effective. He is good defensively. His recovery is excellent, can support the attack. Will not accumulate points. He can move up because he has the potential to play in a top 4 in a defensive role. I found him very good in the two SHL games. The only bad match I saw was in a match in an U20 tournament.

Sebastien Gagne

T.Galvas
I removed him from my top 32. He is blocked by his physical profile and seems to be programmed to be converted into an forward.

23 A. Jiricek

I really liked him at Hlinka. I didn't like him in the Extraliga. I still enjoyed me in Czech U20. We will get a better opinion in the junior tournaments. I have the impression of seeing his brother's default again: he is well positioned in 1 vs 1 attacks. When he defends in zone, he panics. If I feel like this problem exists in junior games, it will be a red flag about his Hockey IQ. He was in my top 10 at the start of the season. He is not ready for the senior circuit. He was placed there because he skates well. The Czech U20 level sucks too. He would be better in U20 Finland or U20 Sweden.
I preferred Tomas Galvas who manages his positioning better. He is very intelligent. But is he a winger? A defender?

19 D. Badinka
I wouldn't have thought that we would have all 4 Badinka in the first round. We don't talk to each other about our choices. I haven't seen him in any list in the 1st round. I think Reinbacher has more offensive potential but the two players are comparable. The same kind of defenders. A more physical aspect in favor of Reinbacher.

Last edited:

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Pascal Lapointe

29 A. Jiricek
Against players his age I appreciate his recovery and his skating. Against adult players (8 views), it's a bit pitiful. He discourages me, he has no impact unlike his brother. He lacks vision, is nervous. Probably a player who will come up during junior tournaments.

26 D. Badinka
I really appreciate it a lot. He is wasting his time in U20 Sweden. Really liked his game in the SHL. This is a very good hope. I rate him like Theo Lindstein last year.

Simon Servant

28 D. Badinka
He's not the most spectacular player but he has leadership on the ice. He is mobile, able to be physical, able to restart the attack, has a good throw. He stabilizes a defense. He was comfortable in the last two SHL games. It lacks a little flash.

21 A. Jiricek
He is not having a good season. He's still here because I respect what he did in the past. He was disgusting in the matches I watched. There are still some interesting things but we need to see it more often. I really liked Galvas but he doesn't have the size. Put Galvas' Hockey IQ into Jiricek and you get a top 10 player.

Mathieu Paradis

27 D. Badinka
This guy amuses me. It's a puppet. It's funny to watch but effective. He is good defensively. His recovery is excellent, can support the attack. Will not accumulate points. He can move up because he has the potential to play in a top 4 in a defensive role. I found him very good in the two SHL games. The only bad match I saw was in a match in an U20 tournament.

Sebastien Gagne

T.Galvas
I removed him from my top 32. He is blocked by his physical profile and seems to be programmed to be converted into an forward.

23 A. Jiricek

I really liked him at Hlinka. I didn't like him in the Extraliga. I still enjoyed me in Czech U20. We will get a better opinion in the junior tournaments. I have the impression of seeing his brother's default again: he is well positioned in 1 vs 1 attacks. When he defends in zone, he panics. If I feel like this problem exists in junior games, it will be a red flag about his Hockey IQ. He was in my top 10 at the start of the season. He is not ready for the senior circuit. He was placed there because he skates well. The Czech U20 level sucks too. He would be better in U20 Finland or U20 Sweden.
I preferred Tomas Galvas who manages his positioning better. He is very intelligent. But is he a winger? A defender?

19 D. Badinka
I wouldn't have thought that we would have all 4 Badinka in the first round. We don't talk to each other about our choices. I haven't seen him in any list in the 1st round. I think Reinbacher has more offensive potential but the two players are comparable. The same kind of defenders. A more physical aspect in favor of Reinbacher.
So just Paradis didn't have Jiricek in round 1?

I saw 3 guys put Jiricek in round 1.

4 guys put Badinka in round 1.

I love these guys!

Reactions: PerryTurnbullfan

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
So we read the breakdowns from multiple people and learned this:
Galvas was in their conversation about the first round. Nothing about the fact that he is a player who can never be drafted in the first round (confirmation of my opinion and that of some other Czech users). Even one of them preferred him to Jiříček. Its current position is affected by its weight. My other point is that a year ago we could hardly have known that it would still be as light.
Badinka: one of them says that he saw a bad match in the national team. I have no doubt it was the same one I saw when the coach took him out of the game in the third period and didn't nominate him for the next game (and I didn't see the others). So to sum it up, I haven't seen a good game from Badinka in the last less than two seasons, either he wasn't nominated, or he was injured, or he played poorly. So, as I wrote, maybe he plays amazingly at the club and I'm just unlucky, but I don't have a higher rating for him.
Edit: Maybe it wasn't always exactly bad performances, but it's never what I expected from a potential first rounder.

Last edited:
Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018

There it is.. 3 weeks to go to tourney and Jiricek has a concussion and is in the hospital. Last year it was Dvorak. We are f***en cursed.lol

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022
I'm curious, Badinka (from what goodman said) didn't play well in the Czech National team, meanwhile I saw a lot of Sweden fans on the X praised him, said he played very well in the SHL, but he hasn't recorded any point in the SHL.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
I'm curious, Badinka (from what goodman said) didn't play well in the Czech National team, meanwhile I saw a lot of Sweden fans on the X praised him, said he played very well in the SHL, but he hasn't recorded any point in the SHL.
Augusta hasn't done a good job coaching NT so far, but he's obviously seen Badinka's performances as I have. The question is, did he see him play for the club as well..

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Considering the level of players in the Czech roster, it seems obvious that Badinka and Dvorak, the two best defenders born in 2005, did not wish to join the tournament to play in their senior national championship.

• Haha

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Considering the level of players in the Czech roster, it seems obvious that Badinka and Dvorak, the two best defenders born in 2005, did not wish to join the tournament to play in their senior national championship.
Again, don't be smarter than those who saw the nomination press conference. No one cared about Badink at all, not even a single word was said to him. And not only there, nowhere in any interview or article. Only Dvořák refused the nomination, so don't make up your mind again.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Again, don't be smarter than those who saw the nomination press conference. No one cared about Badink at all, not even a single word was said to him. And not only there, nowhere in any interview or article. Only Dvořák refused the nomination, so don't make up your mind again.
Another message where you express your fantasy. Find yourself a girlfriend, dude.

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022
Augusta hasn't done a good job coaching NT so far, but he's obviously seen Badinka's performances as I have. The question is, did he see him play for the club as well..
tbh i thought they would consider Badinka or Rocak after Adam injured, now they don't have even one RHD. I love all boys, but I don't buy the decision that Koci over them. I didn't see Badinka's club performance, but I saw a lot Blazers games.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Another message where you express your fantasy. Find yourself a girlfriend, dude.
I understand that it was a big blow for you when they didn't nominate him and your world collapsed (especially in my case, when I experienced it here repeatedly), when you try to discredit the other debaters here. But the truth is that I wrote here about Badink, that after his performances in the national team, I will not be surprised at all if the coach does not nominate him for the championship. So it was no surprise to me.
Do you have a link to back up your overblown imagination, comedian?:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad