RD Dominik Badinka - Malmö Redhawks, SHL (2024, 34th, CAR)

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
I don't want to get into this debate any longer.

You sold me this player as a future 1st round NHL 2024, I even read potential top 10.

I find that given the career profile, I don't trust your viewing.

This is Badinka's topic and his career is much more promising. And not sure that's enough to be among the 10 defenders who will be selected in the 1st round.
Yes, from the matches with Finland and Sweden and his dominance on the ice, which was far greater than, for example, when Stanislav Svozil played at the same age with the same opponents (I don't want to talk about the younger one anymore, everything was written from my point of view and not only ), who was also considered as a potential 1st round player at one time, I wrote my prediction. I see potential there, but it's almost two seasons away and we all know a lot can change. I have rated things as I have estimated them up to this point.
And that's all, I don't feel like doing more either, and it's completely useless to discuss anything further in the given situation.

Belloco

Aug 14, 2022
Yes, from the matches with Finland and Sweden and his dominance on the ice, which was far greater than, for example, when Stanislav Svozil played at the same age with the same opponents (I don't want to talk about the younger one anymore, everything was written from my point of view and not only ), who was also considered as a potential 1st round player at one time, I wrote my prediction. I see potential there, but it's almost two seasons away and we all know a lot can change. I have rated things as I have estimated them up to this point.
And that's all, I don't feel like doing more either, and it's completely useless to discuss anything further in the given situation.
That's what you saw.

But what is is that S.Svozil already played in Extraliga at 16 years old and that T.Galvas does not have fun in Czech U20.

I hope you are right because I would very much like to see Czech Republic very high again, but the level of Czech defenders is not usually very high. Even the heavy and slow defenders of the 2000s weren't that strong.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
That's what you saw.

But what is is that S.Svozil already played in Extraliga at 16 years old and that T.Galvas does not have fun in Czech U20.

I hope you are right because I would very much like to see Czech Republic very high again, but the level of Czech defenders is not usually very high. Even the heavy and slow defenders of the 2000s weren't that strong.
I have nothing more to add. Maybe it's just that a player's success is not determined by who played at what age for which category.
That's all.

Belloco

Aug 14, 2022
I have nothing more to add. Maybe it's just that a player's success is not determined by who played at what age for which category.
That's all.
Similarly, a player's level cannot be determined strictly by your eye. That's all.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Ftr.. enjoying the discussion and it sounds like a great problem to have. As long as we keep pumping out some D's in the first 100 with a chance of making NHL I will be ecstatic. We had four in the first 100 this draft I believe... Jiricek, hamara, Spacek and alscher. Few more drafts like that please!

Voodoozz

Czechmate
Feb 22, 2016
Pilsen
www.youtube.com

I don't see an area where Galvas is in front of Svozil.

If he is a 1st round prospect, given his size, it is on the condition of being a talented offensive defender. Which is not his case.

I think even Adam Jiricek is ahead of him.
You haven't watched a single shift of Galvas have you?

I can't guarantee he will be a 1st rounder in 2024, 2 years is a long time in player development.

I've watched 4 games of him at the fairly recent U17 tournament in Colorado and while it's not an ideal sample by any means, it paints a good enough picture of the player's elementary habits and technical qualities.

He was by far the most dominant player of that Czech squad, creating chances in pretty much every shift. Effortless stride, great edges and fantastic ability with the puck in all three zones, especially on offense. Absolutely stellar performance, I don't get easily excited when watching young players but his play actually blew my mind at this tourney. Kid's got some serious talent.

D. Svozil looked good, so did A. Jiricek but they weren't even in the same universe.

Now, will he translate this dominance to the higher levels ? That's way too early to say but there is zero doubt in my mind that he is a very talented kid with one of the best technical tool kits I've seen from any Czech player in U17 category.

Last edited:

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016

I can't guarantee he will be a 1st rounder in 2024, 2 years is a long time in player development.

I've watched 4 games of him at the fairly recent U17 tournament in Colorado and while it's not an ideal sample by any means, it paints a good enough picture of the player's elementary habits and technical qualities.

He was by far the most dominant player of that Czech squad, creating chances in pretty much every shift. Effortless stride, great edges and fantastic ability with the puck in all three zones, especially on offense. Absolutely stellar performance, I don't get easily excited when watching young players but his play actually blew my mind at this tourney. Kid's got some serious talent.

D. Svozil looked good, so did A. Jiricek but they weren't even in the same universe.

Now, will he translate this dominance to the higher levels ? That's way too early to say but there is zero doubt in my mind that he is a very talented kid with one of the best technical tool kit I've seen from any Czech player in U17 category.
Look, stats are more important..:bow:
As I write, it's ridiculous:help:

Reactions: Voodoozz

Belloco

Aug 14, 2022

Now, will he translate this dominance to the higher levels ? That's way too early to say but there is zero doubt in my mind that he is a very talented kid with one of the best technical tool kit I've seen from any Czech player in U17 category.

And yet, he absolutely does not dominate in the weak Czech Junior. Sorry to have more optimism on players who seems to do better in the Finnish Junior with 9cm more than him and 1.5PPG vs 0.43PPG with national team.

Belloco

Aug 14, 2022
Look, stats are more important..:bow:
As I write, it's ridiculous:help:
You can't be 177cm and struggle in the Czech Junior at U17 and be a player with immense talent. Players who are effective with low stats are very big players.

Can you name me a current Czech player, who is talented among the seniors with an average physical size and shitty stats ?

No. At best it's a guy like Jiri Tichacek.

When you have talent, your superiority manifests itself concretely at some point.

There you get excited about a guy at 1 point and -6 in 6 games in Czech U20 with a small frame.

A talented U17 guy walks through the Czech Junior. Reason why, all the best go elsewhere.

Last edited:

Voodoozz

Czechmate
Feb 22, 2016
Pilsen
www.youtube.com
You can't be 177cm and struggle in the Czech Junior at U17 and be a player with immense talent. Players who are effective with low stats are very big players.

Can you name me a current Czech player, who is talented among the seniors with an average physical size and shitty stats ?

No. At best it's a guy like Jiri Tichacek.

When you have talent, your superiority manifests itself concretely at some point.

There you get excited about a guy at 1 point and -6 in 6 games in Czech U20 with a small frame.

A talented U17 guy walks through the Czech Junior. Reason why, all the best go elsewhere.
Using point production as a primary measure when evaluating prospects (and especially defensemen) is beyond stupid. There are so many variables that factor in - club environment and overall atmosphere, team standings, coaching styles, quality of teammates, health issues etc. etc. Galvas is currently playing on a terrible U20 squad, that has struggled heavily early in the season. It's to be expected that individual point production will look bad in this situation.

Svozil was the more productive of the 2 at the Colorado tourney, however Galvas's impact on the game was superior in pretty much every aspect.

Look at Miro Heiskanen for instance. He has never been spectacular in terms of point production, not even at the junior level and yet he is one of the most offensively impactful defensemen in the world with the way he generates offense from transition and passing.

Reactions: Goodman68

Belloco

Aug 14, 2022
Using point production as a primary measure when evaluating prospects (and especially defensemen) is beyond stupid. There are so many variables that factor in - club environment and overall atmosphere, team standings, coaching styles, quality of teammates, health issues etc. etc. Galvas is currently playing on a terrible U20 squad, that has struggled heavily early in the season. It's to be expected that individual point production will look bad in this situation.

Svozil was the more productive of the 2 at the Colorado tourney, however Galvas's impact on the game was superior in pretty much every aspect.

Look at Miro Heiskanen for instance. He has never been spectacular in terms of point production, not even at the junior level and yet he is one of the most offensively impactful defensemen in the world with the way he generates offense from transition and passing.
Heiskanen's U17 point production was indefinitely superior to that of Galvas. Galvas has the 2nd worst +/- in his team (7 games, 1 point, -8) so he's not the one who helps his team to be more efficient. If Galvas was as strong as you say, he would play effectively in Finland or dominate the Czech Junior.

He is even behind his brother at the same age. So rather the profile of a player who will make his career in Extraliga.

I don't watch the Czech U20 but I watch the NHL and I hardly see any Czech defenders. Jiricek, Dvorak, Hamara or Badinka, ok... but don't dream. There will not be an invasion of Czech defenders. Galvas really does not have the profile to break into the NHL at all. A small size who breaks through in the NHL, even with losers next to him, he flies on the ice in the Czech Junior at U17.

Local hero, global zero.

Last edited:

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Heiskanen's U17 point production was indefinitely superior to that of Galvas. Galvas has the 2nd worst +/- in his team (7 games, 1 point, -8) so he's not the one who helps his team to be more efficient. If Galvas was as strong as you say, he would play effectively in Finland or dominate the Czech Junior.

He is even behind his brother at the same age. So rather the profile of a player who will make his career in Extraliga.

I don't watch the Czech U20 but I watch the NHL and I hardly see any Czech defenders. Jiricek, Dvorak, Hamara or Badinka, ok... but don't dream. There will not be an invasion of Czech defenders. Galvas really does not have the profile to break into the NHL at all. A small size who breaks through in the NHL, even with losers next to him, he flies on the ice in the Czech Junior at U17.

Local hero, global zero.
:clap::loony:

Reactions: GettingYourMoms

Voodoozz

Czechmate
Feb 22, 2016
Pilsen
www.youtube.com

Local hero, global zero.
I'm not expecting any Czech invasion lol, I'll be more than happy if half of those guys become NHL regulars. It's a long shot to make the league for any young D, no matter the draft position. I've never stated T. Galvas will surely become an NHL defenseman, he might very well not.

All I'm arguing is that portraying Galvas as some sort of inferior plug who is so much worse than the other top Czech D prospects and using basic stats as the main argument is not a sane approch.

However, it seems to be a pointless discussion.

First you admit that you haven't seen Galvas play, then you say that D. Svozil is better in every area, next you compare Galvas to Matej Prcik. The only parametres you're interested in are point production and +/-. Arguing with +/- on a 6 games sample in 2022 ? Give me a break... I'm pretty sure you're just trolling at this point.

*Gotta admit though, the "Local hero, global zero" part made me genuinely laugh :laugh:

Belloco

Aug 14, 2022
I'm not expecting any Czech invasion lol, I'll be more than happy if half of those guys become NHL regulars. It's a long shot to make the league for any young D, no matter the draft position. I've never stated T. Galvas will surely become an NHL defenseman, he might very well not.

All I'm arguing is that portraying Galvas as some sort of inferior plug who is so much worse than the other top Czech D prospects and using basic stats as the main argument is not a sane approch.

However, it seems to be a pointless discussion.

First you admit that you haven't seen Galvas play, then you say that D. Svozil is better in every area, next you compare Galvas to Matej Prcik. The only parametres you're interested in are point production and +/-. Arguing with +/- on a 6 games sample in 2022 ? Give me a break... I'm pretty sure you're just trolling at this point.

*Gotta admit though, the "Local hero, global zero" part made me genuinely laugh :laugh:

U20 Czech is weak. A small defender who aspires to play in NHL, he is rolling in that league in his U17 year.

Other Czech players of the same age also play in this league. The best are expatriates.

Look at the difference in current performance level between Tomas Galvas whom you force on and the subject of the topic Dominik Badinka.

Galvas is 1 point -8 in 7 games for a small physical size and a left side. It's more telling than puck comebacks against the Slovak U17 team. No need to have seen him play to say that he will be not selected in the 1st round (so top 5 LHD in the world) in 20 months.

The subject is Dominik Badinka. Go sell the talent of Tomas Galvas on his topic.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
U20 Czech is weak. A small defender who aspires to play in NHL, he is rolling in that league in his U17 year.

Other Czech players of the same age also play in this league. The best are expatriates.

Look at the difference in current performance level between Tomas Galvas whom you force on and the subject of the topic Dominik Badinka.

Galvas is 1 point -8 in 7 games for a small physical size and a left side. It's more telling than puck comebacks against the Slovak U17 team. No need to have seen him play to say that he will be not selected in the 1st round (so top 5 LHD in the world) in 20 months.

The subject is Dominik Badinka. Go sell the talent of Tomas Galvas on his topic.
I like these over-the-top couch potato users with stats. Bravo:laugh::loony:

Belloco

Aug 14, 2022
I like these over-the-top couch potato users with stats. Bravo:laugh::loony:
It's less stupid than to say of a player that he will be in the 1st round of the 2024 NHL draft, potential top 10 just because he made a few puck comebacks in a summer tournament.

I like this denial. The guy does not even dominate in the Czech Midget with a small physical size.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
It's less stupid than to say of a player that he will be in the 1st round of the 2024 NHL draft, potential top 10 just because he made a few puck comebacks in a summer tournament.

I like this denial. The guy does not even dominate in the Czech Midget with a small physical size.
You're like a barrel organ. Mr. Statistician:razz:

• Haha
Reactions: GettingYourMoms

Belloco

Aug 14, 2022
You're like a barrel organ. Mr. Statistician:razz:

You'll be smart when I hear the name of Tomas Galvas in the first round of the 2024 NHL Draft.

If you're ever right (a 2nd round-3rd round pick also works), I'll apologize. If not, I hope you will reconsider. I will not forget and I will put you back in front of your words. It will be on the topic of Tomas Galvas.

Here is the Dominik Badinka topic.

Last edited:

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
If that were the case, it could mean three Czech defenders in the first round. It would be great.
It would be like a dream sequence...

Kral/Galvas make the NHL as fulltimer next season
Hronek keeps this up and is actually this good
Jiricek makes the jump to the NHL and does well next season
Svozil does very well in AHL and makes NHL in 2 years
Dvorak goes in round 1
Hajek remains in NHL
Zboril remains in NHL
Badinka, Galvas and Jiricek all go in round 1
Spacek and Hamara eventually make the NHL
One of Has, Krutil, Alscher, Kubicek, Moravec make the NHL as outside chancers

If that all happens then our national team is actually competitive again and it's back to a big 6 as we have a lot of goalies in the game and a lot of forwards that are under 30.

Likelihood of all those bounces going our way ... 10 percent but I can dream dammit!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad