RD David Jiricek (2022, 6th, CBJ)

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I read that part. It was not a translation. It was a comment, so someone would just guess based on it that Jiricek is still injured, but you never actually said that so there is ambiguity there.
If he was still injured he wouldn’t be listed on the roster

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
If he was still injured he wouldn’t be listed on the roster

Sounds like a logical position.

I don't know what is happening, I would rather someone just explain to me in a straightforward way. No comments, just factual statements.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I read that part. It was not a translation. It was a comment, so someone would just guess based on it that Jiricek is still injured, but you never actually said that so there is ambiguity there.
I think we define ambiguity differently.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I hope he doesn't play, so he slides to wherever NJ will pick. Having a pairing of Luke Hughes and David Jiricek would be absolutely amazing.
As long as my fav team, the Oil, don't draft him I'll be happy.lol We destroy D prospects or trade them for pennies on the dollar. Czechs need an elite D more than the Oil!lol

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
1649453412352.png

Jiricek, according to media, is healed and will be at next weeks prepatory matches. No idea if he's playing or just practicing as Czechs have a few games against Germany. But back on the ice! (note: the last time they announced this, it didn't happen.lol)

WeatherBeaten

Mar 4, 2019
Interested to get some more viewings of the best D man in the draft.
I’ve generally seen Nemec listed as the first D off the board. Can you give your thoughts on the 2? Why do you have Jiricek ranked higher? I haven’t seen either so please don’t take this as challenging your statement. I’m just interested in hearing all view points.

Reactions: brakeyawself

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I’ve generally seen Nemec listed as the first D off the board. Can you give your thoughts on the 2? Why do you have Jiricek ranked higher? I haven’t seen either so please don’t take this as challenging your statement. I’m just interested in hearing all view points.

It's really just a personal choice of upside vs. floor.

Nemec has the higher floor but a lower ceiling while Jiricek has a lower floor and a higher ceiling.

You just don't find a lot of right handed D with Jiricek's size, skating ability, and attack mindset, on top of being a physical presence on the defensive end.

Nemec has come on lately with production which is nice, he's a smart player, defends well with skating and gap control. Creates by thinking well, just I think there's limitations offensively with not a natural goal scoring instinct and not being as attack oriented in terms of putting pressure on the defense with carrying the puck, skating it around and looking for a breakdown.

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022
Just don't want to remind what happened…I love this boy, it's a tough year for him, injury, on the WC camp list then announced he has "healthy issue". I wish he didn't have to deal with this, but now that it's happened, I wish him all the best for the future. I'm sorry if these emotional words have caused misunderstanding. I'm happy to see him again, but it's sad to think about the fluke he's been through these last months. Jiricek deserves better.

Reactions: Czechboy

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
It's really just a personal choice of upside vs. floor.

Nemec has the higher floor but a lower ceiling while Jiricek has a lower floor and a higher ceiling.

You just don't find a lot of right handed D with Jiricek's size, skating ability, and attack mindset, on top of being a physical presence on the defensive end.

Nemec has come on lately with production which is nice, he's a smart player, defends well with skating and gap control. Creates by thinking well, just I think there's limitations offensively with not a natural goal scoring instinct and not being as attack oriented in terms of putting pressure on the defense with carrying the puck, skating it around and looking for a breakdown.
I know it's not a popular opinion but if it weren't for the knee injury I'd have Jiricek as the second best prospect in the draft with the ability of overtake Wright. I'd still draft him top 5 even with the lost development time.

mistaclick

Feb 2, 2022
I know it's not a popular opinion but if it weren't for the knee injury I'd have Jiricek as the second best prospect in the draft with the ability of overtake Wright. I'd still draft him top 5 even with the lost development time.
Agreed. I feel like there's no way a defenseman like this should be taken past 2 or 3. Boggles my mind that might happen because of injury.

Reactions: Just Linda

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $716.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Wagers: 3