Prospect Info: Lane Hutson Part 2

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I was so f***ing mad after the Mesar and Beck picks. I was 100% certain he'd get picked before our next pick at 62, so I didn't follow the second round. I was speechless when I saw the 62nd selection thread appear on the board. We were lucky so many GMs passed on him because of his size.
I didn't see it till the next day. I was camping during that draft and I was so upset they took Slaf and traded for Dach, and then didn't take Hutson at 26 I just tuned out completely and spent time with my family instead. I had given up completely. I couldn't believe when I saw we got him at 62. I was chatting up random people at the campground trying to find someone to talk to about it.

Reactions: BJCOLLINS

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
It’s been so long since we’ve had elite talent that people forget the impact these players have on their line mates. They make everyone else better, you can see Hutson creating plays out of nothing & always looking up ice. We haven’t had a D this dynamic in years, Markov was brilliant defensively and above average offensively with a high IQ. And we will never know great PK would have become with decent coaching because he was exceptional in spite of the fool behind the bench. Hutson is worth the price of admission now, IMHO he’s going to be a highlight reel for the next decade.
Cheers.

Reactions: HabzSauce

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Hutson isn't a star in the making. He is truly a superstar in the making.

I never watch a D like that in my life. I don't just watch Habs even if I look like a biased Habs fan. But damm... this guy is just electric.

Yeah Makar and Hughes are very very special, but... Hutson is something guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $716.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $55.00