Post-Game Talk: GM02 | Canucks lose to Flyers in SO | 2-3 (Hoglander & Blueger) | Winless Streak

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I think Pettersson looks disinterested almost, but he made smarter plays and looked tougher than in the playoffs last season. Who knows what's going on. But maybe give him some time.
The thing I've never really understood about Pettersson, is the amount of time he spends flat on his keister. Almost every time along the wall, he's going to lose his balance and go down. In one board battle tonight he was felled three times.

Is it a matter of strength? Edgework, or the lack o it? Surely they have him looking at film to try and figure out why he loses his pins so often.

Reactions: Coffees

Coffees

Take one step towards the direction you want to go
Nov 12, 2021
The thing I've never really understood about Pettersson, is the amount of time he spends flat on his keister. Almost every time along the wall, he's going to lose his balance and go down. In one board battle tonight he was felled three times.

Is it a matter of strength? Edgework, or the lack o it? Surely they have him looking at film to try and figure out why he loses his pins so often.
hypothetical question , if he was on steroids would he be like Peter Forsberg?

The Iron Goalie

Formally 'OEL for Norris'
Feb 8, 2012
Langley, BC
These 1st two games have reminded me of pre-season hockey for the top 6...lots of missed passes, bobbled pucks, and missed assignments. They're looking like a group that's still trying to build chemistry, and learn how to play together in-game (we do have to give them time to gel), so I willing to cut them some slack there.

That said, they'll likely have 2 more (possible 3 if the Tampa game is canceled) practices to hone their chemistry/systems play, so we should expect improved cohesion next game.

Not ready to push the panic button yet, but clocks ticking!

• Love
Reactions: Coffees

Coffees

Take one step towards the direction you want to go
Nov 12, 2021
These 1st two games have reminded me of pre-season hockey for the top 6...lots of missed passes, bobbled pucks, and missed assignments. They're looking like a group that's still trying to build chemistry, and learn how to play together in-game (we do have to give them time to gel), so I willing to cut them some slack there.

That said, they'll likely have 2 more (possible 3 if the Tampa game is canceled) practices to hone their chemistry/systems play, so we should expect improved cohesion next game.

Not ready to push the panic button yet, but clocks ticking!
The mighty return of The Iron Goalie!!

Not as much volume of posts during his earlier years, but still comes in once in a while when needed most to settle things down

Hope you been well, brother

Reactions: The Iron Goalie

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $716.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki