Player Discussion Rasmus Dahlin Part 4 - D (1st Overall, 2018, Frölunda HC, SHL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
10,5 x 8 years is fine, if its just 4 years, the next contract will be probably around 13, so I hope they get it done for max term, he is our franchise player, probably the future captain.

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park
I don't think it's too much at all for Sanderson and has zero bearing on Dahlin.

Sanderson's deal is much more of a "problem" for Power than anything.......that deal pretty much sets the standard for a long-term Power extension.
I'd happily give Power that same contract if he's willing. With a 1OA pedigree he may demand a bit more than Sanderson, but it can't be much.

Having 3 young Top 4 D-man locked up for their prime will make everything else easier down the road. Don't wait and let Power become a $10+M d-man.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I'd happily give Power that same contract if he's willing. With a 1OA pedigree he may demand a bit more than Sanderson, but it can't be much.

Having 3 young Top 4 D-man locked up for their prime will make everything else easier down the road. Don't wait and let Power become a $10+M d-man.
Power and his agent might want the bridge deal, though...

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Who is Dahlin's agent by the way? Power seems to have Brisson, and this guy knows how to work and get good contracts for his clients.

Power is with Brisson.

Dahlin is with Craig Oster of Newport Sports.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall

Power is with Brisson.

Am I wrong for having a little more faith in DeDominicis than Friedman when it comes to the Sabres? Just seems like Friedman hasn't had much good Sabres info for years.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018

Power is with Brisson.

OMG

EK 65, Tkachuk brothers, Stone...

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
In Chad and Peters I trust!
around 10 is what everyone is saying, if the haggling is over whats the term?
its like listening to a fortune teller. In my opinion he is just a disingenuous hack vowing for attention, especially his analysis during the season of certain players were anything but scientific. he just usually scrambled the stats to support his biases.

Last edited:

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
its like listening to a fortune teller. In my opinion he is just a disingenuous hack vowing for attention, especially his analysis during the season of certain players were anything but scientific. he just usually scrambled the stats to support his biases.
It’s 10ishx8 I’m sure they’re just figuring out how it will be structured, paid out, bonuses etc.

Reactions: debaser66

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

Whatever haggling is left to be done is probably just over pay structure (how the pay is spread over the life of the contract, how much is in bonuses, etc.).

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Am I wrong for having a little more faith in DeDominicis than Friedman when it comes to the Sabres? Just seems like Friedman hasn't had much good Sabres info for years.
They’re basically saying the same thing - the framework of the contract has been settled, they’re now working on the details. Signing bonus, NMCs, etc. I don’t see any conflicting reports among them.

Game suspension

Feb 11, 2018
Whatever haggling is left to be done is probably just over pay structure (how the pay is spread over the life of the contract, how much is in bonuses, etc.).

Depends on how greedy Dahlin is. The longer this contract takes the greedier Dahlin is. KA can't give him $12 mil when TT gets $7 mil. If he doesn't understand that then the trade market is the way to go. Sabres can get a shitload if that happens.

• Haha
Reactions: Jim Bob

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
They’re basically saying the same thing - the framework of the contract has been settled, they’re now working on the details. Signing bonus, NMCs, etc. I don’t see any conflicting reports among them.
The two tweets above are conflicting. Friedman says he wouldn't run with the numbers rumored. DeDominicis says the haggling over the value is over. So one saying they are still discussing value and the other saying they aren't.

That's my interpretation anyways. I am open to more context if there is any.

BuffaloGooner

Sep 8, 2011
Sloan, NY
Chad had Ryan Johnson signing with the Sabres months before Friedman, Lysowski, or anyone else.

Joe Yerdon and Lance Lysowski recently said on the last episode of the pod that the contract is done and they’re waiting to announce it, possibly at fan fest.

Reactions: tsujimoto74

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Chad had Ryan Johnson signing with the Sabres months before Friedman, Lysowski, or anyone else.

Joe Yerdon and Lance Lysowski recently said on the last episode of the pod that the contract is done and they’re waiting to announce it, possibly at fan fest.

Yeah, Friedman is notoriously unplugged-in to the Sabres. I wouldn’t take his word for anything to do with the team at this point.

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
Who is Dahlin's agent by the way? Power seems to have Brisson, and this guy knows how to work and get good contracts for his clients.
It’s unfortunate (from a fan perspective) because Brisson has to be very familiar with the levers to pull from the Eichel situation. It’s good we have some leeway from the Tage and Cozens deals though. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that Brisson has big stars as clients, guy knows how to play hardball and his players know it too.

Last edited:

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
I think team friendly would be a dollar over Eichel. If Dahlin signs for anything under 11, I'm springing for four jerseys immediately.

With Tage/Cozens/Sammy there was risk and limited sample size. They will all be viewed as bargain contracts, if not already.

With Ras there is no risk and significant track record. But also, I predict we will also consider his a bargain contract in a couple years as well.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
It’s unfortunate (from a fan perspective) because Brisson has to be very familiar with the levers to pull from the Eichel situation. It’s good we have some leeway from the Tage and Cozens deals though. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that Brisson has big stars as clients, guy knows how to play hardball and his players know it too.
Brisson was a net positive for us in the Eichel situation. He helped fix the shit show Jack’s previous agents created.

He was obviously working in his clients best interest. But he helped facilitate a trade that worked for all parties involved. Something I doubt Jack’s previous reps were capable of.

Last edited:

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
No it's not. A team friendly deal would be taking under $10.
if its 8x 10,5m its a fair deal.
He has the potential to be the best at his pos. and he is not that far away from it either.
I would be more concerned if its not max length because his next payday would be gigantious, like Matthews probably well above 13m if the cap rises.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad