Player Discussion Rasmus Dahlin Part 4 - D (1st Overall, 2018, Frölunda HC, SHL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Orange Fanta

Jun 22, 2016
Honestly his biggest issue is consistency along with explosive power by the time he is 23-24 he'll likely be a top 5 defender he'll produce a lot more too once the forward group improves suggested by his transition numbers. He's still at a learning curve but once he gets past it watch out, he is a low end number 1 currently on a team expected to be even worse than last year.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Is it me or are the people who advocated for moving on from Risto also the ones now advocating patience with Dahlin? Maybe I need another coffee.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Is it me or are the people who advocated for moving on from Risto also the ones now advocating patience with Dahlin? Maybe I need another coffee.

I dont think the majority of the board became anti-Risto until the 19-20 season. It was around then that it was clear he wasn't going to improve.

If we put Dahlin on that same trajectory, he still has a few years to sort it out. Basically his current 3 year contract.

Its been musical chairs for his partner this season. Dont panic.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I dont think the majority of the board became anti-Risto until the 19-20 season. It was around then that it was clear he wasn't going to improve.

If we put Dahlin on that same trajectory, he still has a few years to sort it out. Basically his current 3 year contract.

Its been musical chairs for his partner this season. Dont panic.

Oh, I'm not panicking.

Pierre Larouche

Jan 4, 2009
I mean Lidstrom had 60 points and a +36 rating his rookie year when he was 20 or 21 I think. He didn't start winning Norris trophies until later but he was still a great defenseman almost from the beginning, he just hit another level in his late 20's. He still received Norris votes as early as his 3rd season and by 25 he received norris votes every year after.
Those Wings teams were insanely talented.

Fearnot

Nov 13, 2013
New York
The Dahlin hate on the main boards and the trade boards has officially reached peak HF insanity
Read the Sabres facebook most seem to think trading him for a used bag of pucks would be an upgrade and the team will stop letting in goals and make a push for the playoffs lol. If we ever did I'd like to see him on Tampa or another great team to see what he can really do. Springing forwards that can finish with some elite passing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad