Player Discussion Rasmus Dahlin Part 4 - D (1st Overall, 2018, Frölunda HC, SHL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
STUD

50+ this season and he may well score 65-80 next, he clearly missed a lot of points due to our not good attack this season for various reasons and our poor PP.

Well he also had to unf*** himself from the start of the season too. We've seen considerable growth in his game that could have him poised to really take off next year in terms of both point production and overall impacts.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Well he also had to unf*** himself from the start of the season too. We've seen considerable growth in his game that could have him poised to really take off next year in terms of both point production and overall impacts.
Well, his passes at the beginning of the season were also good, the problem is that the forwards should convert their chances better, he mainly struggle on the defensive, but we also remember that he then played in tandem with Butcher. I loved the way he paired up with Pysyk after Butcher, and Dahlin started to improve long before the All-Star Game and after that he started showing elite play in almost every game.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017

I'm sure if he doesn't start fast next season then he'll get tabbed with the "slow starter" moniker by the fans that followed Reinhart around for awhile.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Well, his passes at the beginning of the season were also good, the problem is that the forwards should convert their chances better, he mainly struggle on the defensive, but we also remember that he then played in tandem with Butcher. I loved the way he paired up with Pysyk after Butcher, and Dahlin started to improve long before the All-Star Game and after that he started showing elite play in almost every game.

He was making plays, sure, yet the confidence to let himself just play his game had to be built up. He's stacked a couple of months of very good play at both ends of the ice and has a swagger right now that he didn't have opening night. He's maturing into the player people saw as possible at Frolunda.

Reactions: Fjordy

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I'm sure if he doesn't start fast next season then he'll get tabbed with the "slow starter" moniker by the fans that followed Reinhart around for awhile.
I think he will start normally if there are no health problems, of course, unless Adams re-signs Butcher and Granato decides to play him again in the first pair. :laugh:

Puppa2Miller

Oct 4, 2007
He was paired with Butcher for like a second. That narrative is silly.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
He was paired with Butcher for like a second. That narrative is silly.
Why? Jokiharju was injured in the first game and at the beginning of the season Dahlin played in pair with Butcher, I don’t remember exactly how many games, but maybe 10-15. Then when he played in pair with Pysyk they played well together, much better than with Butcher.

Puppa2Miller

Oct 4, 2007
He wasn't paired with Butcher for double digit games. You are exaggerating to the nth degree.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
For anyone that's curious: 17% of Dahlin's total play time has been with Butcher. 190 minutes, or about 8 games.
I counted 10, but okay, I specifically looked at the lineups at the beginning of the season. :laugh:

Reactions: Kyndig

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
I counted 10, but okay, I specifically looked at the lineups at the beginning of the season. :laugh:
Not an exact science I went by. It could've been more, but the lines got shuffled/injuries etc.

That 17% I also forgot was ES play time, so 10 or so games is actually probably right.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fjordy

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
Not an exact science I went by. It could've been more, but the lines got shuffled/injuries etc.

That 17% I also forgot was ES play time, so 10 or so games is actually probably right.

1649269787031.png

Dahlin started with Butcher in 9 of the 1st 11 games

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
It's easy to focus on Dahlin's welcome offensive production.

To me the biggest improvement in his game has been defensively, He's developed into a legit shutdown defender.

This kid - reminder that he turns 22 in 7 days - is just starting to blossom. Quite confident he'll soon merit annual Norris consideration.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
IMO, his overall play took right off as soon as he stopped allowing guys to intimidate him and adding a healthy dose of scumbag into his game.

Yeah, he's gotten super-greasy and between how he finishes people and how he's stick-mean has to put people off. The rep that he's "just" an offensive defenseman and I think he surprises people with the discomfort he gives them in those physical confrontations.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
It's easy to focus on Dahlin's welcome offensive production.

To me the biggest improvement in his game has been defensively, He's developed into a legit shutdown defender.

This kid - reminder that he turns 22 in 7 days - is just starting to blossom. Quite confident he'll soon merit annual Norris consideration.
Power will be his age when Dahlin is 25. That's when this team should be peaking, or beginning the "peak era," if we're lucky enough.

Reactions: Deep Blue Metallic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad