Player Discussion Rasmus Dahlin Part 4 - D (1st Overall, 2018, Frölunda HC, SHL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I still see idiots on twitter offering to trade him because we now have Samuelsson and Power. :laugh:

There will always be idiots. It's just that instead of them saying something stupid while in line for a beer at the game or on the train to a game, they're now putting it out in front of everyone online. Like me. :D

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
I said it from the moment Ralph was hired.. The team needed a coach, not a friend.

Dahlin had most of us worried, I'm glad Granato took the reigns off
A friend puts you in a position to succeed.
Krueger had nice words while putting them in a position to fail.
If anyone of the last few coaches, Granato is a friend.

Last edited:

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Listening to the Marty Wilford interview and at 35 minutes in, talking about the Chicago game... I got chills hearing that Dahlin got up and let loose the "enough is enough, let's get going" and then went out and delivered.
I also liked how Dahlin wants to be one of the best D in the game and gets fired up to go against guys like Makar.

I can also imagine that Dahlin & Power might develop that level of competition to be the best day to day in the future.

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf

He had his arms crossed during most of the interview. Clearly he no longer wants to be a Sabre, probably demands a trade this off-season.

On a more serious note, it's nice to see they are all having fun together. I think a lot of people forget what Okposo said at the beginning of the season, that the locker room reminded him of his days in junior. It's refreshing to see the players enjoying the process and the growth, and despite their record right now they all know it's progress towards the future. The coaches have their attention and it's paying dividends already.

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
I've been a big critic of Dahlin, i even made a thread to main boards about him last season. He looked slow, sluggish and made lot of mistakes that cost you points.

But now he looks like a different player, i see glimpses of that greatness what was advertised. I hope that he continues to develop like this and you have bright future with him, Power & co.

I criticize, but also will admit and change my view when i see a reason for it.

sabres4ever

Yes, have some!
Jun 5, 2006
Virginia
As I re-watch that play where he fed VO for the GWG, not only does he knock it out of midair, but it appears he wasn't even looking at VO, when he just whips it over to him.

It appears as though the canes may break out of their zone, so you would think VO would be heading back, but no, he stays there, and (it appears) that Dahlin no-looks that pass right to Goalofsson. Amazing.

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
As I re-watch that play where he fed VO for the GWG, not only does he knock it out of midair, but it appears he wasn't even looking at VO, when he just whips it over to him.

It appears as though the canes may break out of their zone, so you would think VO would be heading back, but no, he stays there, and (it appears) that Dahlin no-looks that pass right to Goalofsson. Amazing.
I just watched the replay. He definitely looked up and saw VO right after knocking the puck out of the air. It wasn't a no-look.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad