Post-Game Talk: Rangers vs Panthers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
"He's not a starting goaltender" - various forum members a few weeks who know who they are. :laugh:

I'm one of them, and I'm still not convinced :dunno:

This team has been lights out for the most part in front of him. He's also playing miles better than he was since first taking over (as was always expected). I remember bashing his positioning in those first couple of games and getting told I didn't know what I was talking about by a few goalie experts. Now all we hear on the broadcasts are the guys praising how much better his positioning is. Hm.

Unfortunately, this post reads entirely like I'm taking away what Cam has been doing from him, as I do not intend that. But, just because he's having a stretch of 12 or so good games behind one of the best defenses in the league doesn't convince me he's a legitimate starting goalie in the NHL. Since February 18th they've given up more than 20 scoring chances just three times (including tonight) 5v5 and are at the top of the league in minimizing scoring chances against.

What can I say. Maybe I need too much convincing for my own good.

The successes of this team since Henrik Lundqvist went down do not fall solely on the shoulders of Cam Talbot.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Andrew Gross ‏@AGrossRecord 7s7 seconds ago
Per Elias, Rangers' 36 blocked shots are the most for the team in one game since 2005-06, when NHL started keeping stat consistently.
0 retweets 0 favorites
Reply Retweet Favorite
More

John+Tortorella+2012+Bridgestone+NHL+Winter+8xjiViMNpvGl.jpg

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
I'm one of them, and I'm still not convinced :dunno:

This team has been lights out for the most part in front of him. He's also playing miles better than he was since first taking over (as was always expected). I remember bashing his positioning in those first couple of games and getting told I didn't know what I was talking about by a few goalie experts. Now all we hear on the broadcasts are the guys praising how much better his positioning is. Hm.

Unfortunately, this post reads entirely like I'm taking away what Cam has been doing from him, as I do not intend that. But, just because he's having a stretch of 12 or so good games behind one of the best defenses in the league doesn't convince me he's a legitimate starting goalie in the NHL. Since February 18th they've given up more than 20 scoring chances just three times (including tonight) 5v5 and are at the top of the league in minimizing scoring chances against.

What can I say. Maybe I need too much convincing for my own good.

The successes of this team since Henrik Lundqvist went down do not fall solely on the shoulders of Cam Talbot.

Talbot has 2 years worth of stats.

At this point, I really believe he's legit. But, he's not going to unseat Hank anytime soon for obvious reasons. We just may be able to get a 1st round pick for him.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Ahh, yes thats right. Can't count those...:laugh:

I wish I could just say stuff doesn't count when I'm at work.

My client broke the speed limit when they ran over an old blue hair?

THAT SPEED LIMIT DOESN'T COUNT.

My client accidentally ****ed up a multi-million dollar contract?

DOESN'T COUNT.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Must say, I love that he's improving, too. His rebound control has gotten exponentially better. Awesome to see.

Which is surprising to see from an Allaire-coached goalie (he's historically not emphasized rebound control). I wonder if he can help Hank a bit out there (Allaire that is, not Cam). That's always been my complaint with Hank (besides his puck handling).

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
“@stevezipay: Scoresheet shows 98 shot attempts for Panthers: 39 on goal, 36 blocked, 23 missesâ€

98 shot attempts....holy ****.

Slats been around before, he has asked the stats guys to pad Talbots numbers ;)

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Sell high this summer because he's hot but he's playing in front of a DOMINANT team. He was getting beat clean like a Rec league goalie just A few weeks ago.

Can't wait to get Hank back rested and ready to go

RangersOwnNewYork*

Honestly the Rangers have played few games like this, but a decent amount of games where they didn't play for half a game but still won. It's just that going into the playoffs I don't want this to be a habit. One thing I loved about last year's team is that they gave an honest effort 9 times out of 10 for a full game starting January 2014 when they got acclimated. This team seems too cocky at times. Today, was probably more of a case of a desperate team and I was actually happy with our 3rd, but still this is our best chance at a cup since I've watched and I don't want any complacency. Of course the way we've been winning shows they're not TOO complacent.

They just played 5 games in 7 days and won them all. They looked tired and uninterested but still won. How many teams can do that? Detroit lost 7-2 to philly last night. Pitt lost 5-1 to Detroit today. God forbid the rangers lose a game by 4 goals, this board will implode which is really sad. One game means nothing. Instead of obsessing what didn't go right tonight(and they still won) think about first in division, first in conference, first in league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad