Post-Game Talk: Rangers vs Panthers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
66 points / 43 games = 1.534 points per game x 82 = 126 point season.

Probably good for 3rd or 4th best all time.

I know the best all time was 132 pts by the Habs in the mid 70s.

Detroit had 62 wins in the mid 90s which would be at least 124pts. Sure they has a couple ties in there.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

Thats actually 69 points which would put them at 131.5.

Just as a comparison, the Blackhawks went 36-7-5 in the lockout shortened 48 game season. Since December 8th the Rangers are basically playing at the same pace as that team did and they didn't lose in regulation until like their 25th game of the season.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

Did you not include the 3 OT losses accidentally or on purpose to normalize it? Because then you have to take out 2 shootout wins and if you want to go even further back in time, OT losses, and OT wins. If we're going by this season it's 69 in 43 games which is 132 about.

Pfranz94

Jan 16, 2014
New York
The playoffs are littered with teams that play great in the regular season only to lose. It's worrisome when there are games like tonight.

Will you relax. One team was desperate and one team was not. The rangers are not going to look great every second of every game.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Thats actually 69 points which would put them at 131.5.

Just as a comparison, the Blackhawks went 36-7-5 in the lockout shortened 48 game season. Since December 8th the Rangers are basically playing at the same pace as that team did and they didn't lose in regulation until like their 25th game of the season.

Yeah, that's right. Thanks for the correction.

This team has a decent shot at the Presidents trophy and setting a club record for most points in a season. If they lose 10 in a row, win neither, but win the Cup I'll take that instead. :D

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Win is a win but I am definitely starting to get a little concerned about the offense drying up.

Before the 3rd you could see Ramsey working on Nash's neck on the bench, applying something. Maybe it was just icy hot but either way it looks to still be bothering him.

I'm not worried for the sole reason that just like this team wasn't going to continue scoring 3.5 goals per game like they did last month, they won't continue to score 2.whatever it is this month for much longer either.

I'm hoping that this team can open up a big enough lead for the conference come April so that they can afford to sit a few guys (Nash, Hayes, Step, etc.)

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Did you not include the 3 OT losses accidentally or on purpose to normalize it? Because then you have to take out 2 shootout wins and if you want to go even further back in time, OT losses, and OT wins. If we're going by this season it's 69 in 43 games which is 132 about.

It was a mistake.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Honestly the Rangers have played few games like this, but a decent amount of games where they didn't play for half a game but still won. It's just that going into the playoffs I don't want this to be a habit. One thing I loved about last year's team is that they gave an honest effort 9 times out of 10 for a full game starting January 2014 when they got acclimated. This team seems too cocky at times. Today, was probably more of a case of a desperate team and I was actually happy with our 3rd, but still this is our best chance at a cup since I've watched and I don't want any complacency. Of course the way we've been winning shows they're not TOO complacent.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
the team just simply finds ways to win...it doesn't matter if they are tired and have no legs, or flying and skating circles around teams, doesn't matter if they need to score 6 or hold the other team to 1, doesn't matter. they just win...

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Panthers with a 98 Corsi tonight. Didn't even know that was possible. :laugh:

Would be soooo pissed if I was a Panthers fan right now.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Andrew Gross ‏@AGrossRecord 7s7 seconds ago
Per Elias, Rangers' 36 blocked shots are the most for the team in one game since 2005-06, when NHL started keeping stat consistently.
0 retweets 0 favorites
Reply Retweet Favorite
More

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
"He's not a starting goaltender" - various forum members a few weeks who know who they are. :laugh:

to be fair it was ridiculous how bad cam was for the first 5-6 games after hank got hurt before he settled down lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad