Post-Game Talk: Rangers vs Panthers

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Seth Rothman ‏@RothmanHockey 34s34 seconds ago
AV said they'll know more tomorrow, but he didn't think St. Louis injury is serious.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I'll give you guys the "desperate team" narrative, but the Panthers were also playing a back to back. Really need a better excuse than that.

RangersOwnNewYork*

I can't remember the last time we got one of those. Closest thing was 4-1 against Nashville which included an empty net. What happened to THAT team?

You know what happened to that team? They just went thru a stretch where they played Nashville, Detroit, Chicago, Isles, Washington, and Florida. Are they now expected to not only win but dominate good teams too. They just got 11 out of a possible 12 points and you're wondering why they didn't win by 3+ goals. Geez.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
You finish first in the league by winning games where you play really well and winning games where you don't play so well. This game falls into the latter category. Do folks think the other top teams don't play games like this? Is it exclusive to us to play a mediocre game and win?

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@stevezipay: Scoresheet shows 98 shot attempts for Panthers: 39 on goal, 36 blocked, 23 misses”

98 shot attempts....holy ****.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
I'll give you guys the "desperate team" narrative, but the Panthers were also playing a back to back. Really need a better excuse than that.

This team has the least amount of regulation losses in the league. They are going to lose again at some point. It's going to happen. They are allowed to be imperfect at some point.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
You know what happened to that team? They just went thru a stretch where they played Nashville, Detroit, Chicago, Isles, Washington, and Florida. Are they now expected to not only win but dominate good teams too. They just got 11 out of a possible 12 points and you're wondering why they didn't win by 3+ goals. Geez.

But one good win, would be nice. Yeah you're right, it would be tough to beat those teams by 3+ goals and we're not Philly against Detroit, we're not sneaking up on anyone. However, they can beat Buffalo in a game where it's not 0-0 into the 3rd period.

cd211

Feb 6, 2010
New York, NY
nothing pretty about it, maybe talbot, good teams find ways to win even if it means ugly.. this is pure case of playing down to your competition it happens.. big game weds vs chicago..

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
Nash is officially slumping now, by the way. He hasn't scored a goal in how many games? Non ENG's? It feels like he has t gone this long without a goal all season.

One of the worst things that could happen to this team is him tailing off and his scoring completely drying up in time for the playoffs.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Glad AV acknowledged that Sheppard played well. Really hope he can stay in lineup and start to gel with team

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
Another winning streak.....(yawns and stretches with satisfaction) good to be a Rangers fan right now. I'm gonna enjoy it dammit!

Break out the single malt and a stogie.

skymachine

Aug 2, 2005
New York
Pretty amazing when your top 6 goes completely cold yet you still keep on winning. They'll wake up. Props to Cam, the defense and 4th line tonight.

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey

It's not an excuse, it's a reality. The Panthers are fighting for their playoff lives, the Rangers aren't. And no team plays their best hockey every single game. It really amazes me how the Rangers go on an insane stretch and they play one bad game but still win and some act like they're about to get swept in the first round of the playoffs now.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@rangersreport: Another example of the Find-A-Way Rangers, too, as they go to 33-7-3 last 43 games, Getting ridiculous.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad