Post-Game Talk: Rangers vs Panthers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
No sense in trying to diagnose MSL's potential injury. We know absolutely NOTHING about it as of right now.

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
Rangers should of won vs Detriot and loss. It happens. The Panthers needed this game much more than the Rangers did and it showed but we grinded out a win anyways. No point in worrying about one game. The team has earned the benefit of the doubt by now.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Well said, Synergy. Well said.

I couldn't care less if the Panthers had 2034309545 attempted shots and a +2394754957435 Corsi. To be a good team, you HAVE to win these type of games. It's just how being a good team works.

Not every game is going to be pretty. Not every game is going to be a 4+ goal win. This is a fantastic, fantastic hockey team and they won through a ton of adversity today.

It's a shame that some aren't going to acknowledge that, though. It truly is nitpicking at its most annoying.

I guess that it's to the credit of this team that they've raised the bar so high that any trace of imperfect hockey is unacceptable. But, believe it or not, (and this is not directed at you, Jon), this team is going to lose a game between now and the end of the season.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Well said, Synergy. Well said.

I couldn't care less if the Panthers had 2034309545 attempted shots and a +2394754957435 Corsi. To be a good team, you HAVE to win these type of games. It's just how being a good team works.

Not every game is going to be pretty. Not every game is going to be a 4+ goal win. This is a fantastic, fantastic hockey team and they won through a ton of adversity today.

It's a shame that some aren't going to acknowledge that, though. It truly is nitpicking at its most annoying.

I can't remember the last time we got one of those. Closest thing was 4-1 against Nashville which included an empty net. What happened to THAT team?

RangerDude

Mar 8, 2015
New York Rangers 2m
#NYR Stats: The 36 blocked shots are the most in 1 regular season game for NYR since stat was tracked regularly in 2005-06 (@EliasSports).

AV outTorting Torts.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Terrible game, worst I've seen them play since November. Looked tired and slow and a lot of coasting going on out there. Makes some sense that it was the 2nd of a back to back in less than 24 hours, only 2 days removed from another back to back, but still a tough one to watch.

The top two lines need to get something going, guys just aren't really moving the puck well to each other or supporting each other very well

on the bright side, first in the NHL...

RangersOwnNewYork*

No because we're not winning more than a game in a series if we play this terribly.

Dude, you have to chill. It seems like you are ready to jump off the ledge when they don't play their absolute best. How many games do they get outplayed like they did in the second? Not many. Florida is a good and desperate team. They needed these points a lot more than the rangers and yet they didn't get them.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Calling it a gutty win is a little disingenuous, they got destroyed and the goalie won the game. Nothing to get too upset about, its just one game, but it was a lucky win. If they continue to get outplayed like that they wont win a thing. I doubt thats the case but who knows.

Open Mind

Nov 14, 2014
Stepan has Callahan-itis. I don't know what it is but every time the playoffs roll around he chokes. He wasn't awful last year but the amount of gimme goals he missed was concerning. I think the guy shrinks when he faces adversity.

You mean like playing through a game with a broken jaw and then barely missing any time when they found out it was broken?

danktopshelf

Dec 23, 2014
NYC
3 Stars:

1. Killa Cam

2. Kreids (only guy in top 6 to be dangerous)

3. Sheppard

3 Flashlights:

1. Stepan, dude's been terrible past 2 weeks

2. Nash, hasn't been same since neck woes

3. Brass, hesitant

Still awesome to get 2 points. PP is crap and top 6 need some life.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
BTW, a weird thing I noticed from sportsclubstats.com. Those hoping for an OT win were not off-base at all. It seems like we'd have better odds if we won in OT. I guess it has something to do with Florida's race. Weird.

RangerDude

Mar 8, 2015
Here is a prediction, the Rangers will not look good for the next 2 Sundays. They will have to gut it out on a b2b.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Lot of ice packs after that game.

Not trading for Jagr was absolutely insane. Poor decision.

If Marty misses games, our top-12 is gonna be ugggllllyyyy. Hayes bumps to the Stepan line? Miller centers line 3 with Fast moving up? Glass - Moore - Sheppard fourth line?

Collecting points is never a bad thing.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Really? What are you basing that off of?

I don't think this team will commit 6+ million to a guy who can't get it done in the post season.

He was solid in 3 of the 4 rounds that they played last year but if they fall short this season I think he'll be right in the middle of it (because he is that important to this team.) This doesn't have anything to do with his dreadful play of late, I know hes better than this but its just a feeling I've got.

Remember there were rumors they were ready to send him to Pittsburgh for Jordan Staal after the 2012 playoffs. We know that the Rangers actually initiated contact with Pittsburgh which eventually got the ball rolling in him being dealt to Carolina.

BwayBshirt

Mar 31, 2004
My NY State of Mind
See here's the thing folks need to remember...

This was the first game in a long time that the Rangers actually looked "tired".

These other games on the road trip, they were pretty much matching the intensity of the opponent, including last night at Buffalo.

That's why some of y'all need to relax. They've been playing good hockey until today. Now 2 days off until the Blackhawks come to town so let's see what that game will bring then.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@HartnettHockey: #NYR head coach Alain Vigneault says he thinks Martin St. Louis' injury isn't serious. You can all exhale.”

SRTtoZ

Apr 3, 2010
New York, NY
Remember when McD skated off the ice holding his shoulder and everyone here was saying like 4-6 months, "I had that same injury" blah blah blah, then after the game he was day to day. Calm yourselves :)

As for as playing a bad game...it happens ALL THE TIME in the NHL, goalies steal games for teams in front of them. Tonight it happened for us, thats why we have a great goalie. Great win, lets move on.

“@HartnettHockey: #NYR head coach Alain Vigneault says he thinks Martin St. Louis' injury isn't serious. You can all exhale.”

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad